Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC is declining again!

Postby riskllama on Fri May 28, 2021 9:49 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
riskllama wrote:
HitRed wrote:
I still like the idea of Happy Hour when all the speed games are free for just one hour a day. Get new blood around here and get people hooked.

this idea has some merit, HR - you should post it in suggs.

It's already there.

yes it is, due to my suggesting he post it there.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Dukasaur on Sat May 29, 2021 9:19 am

riskllama wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
riskllama wrote:
HitRed wrote:
I still like the idea of Happy Hour when all the speed games are free for just one hour a day. Get new blood around here and get people hooked.

this idea has some merit, HR - you should post it in suggs.

It's already there.

yes it is, due to my suggesting he post it there.

No, I posted it more than a year ago. If it's been reposted that's a needless duplication.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Davie.K on Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:15 pm

Posted start of May

Davie.K wrote:5,900 down 100 in a week :shock: .... That Northern hemisphere spring kicking in,lockdowns easing along with the vaccine drive I reckon.
Taking into account the general user nationalities/locations it's probably the reason,I imagine we'll be below 5,500 by the end of the month,which is good covid wise but bad for cc.....i know my preference.

Ok,Ok, So I am no Nostradamus and/or an adept translator of his quatrains .. but not far off .... 5,637.
Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:48 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:is there any way to stabilize, or even, to reverse this long-term decline?

And please, do not turn this into a complaint about dice. that topic has been discussed ad nauseum.

CC looks and feels old to me. To save it you'd need to overhaul it imo

also, can it survive with just RISK games? idk, maybe. CC's heyday was when...2009? it had plenty of competition in the video game world so I think it could still do well. just needs a new coat of paint and some new brand invigoration
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby IcePack on Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:03 pm

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:15 am

friday night speed games used to be so fun. i'd stay up til 2am
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:49 am

Army of GOD wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:is there any way to stabilize, or even, to reverse this long-term decline?

And please, do not turn this into a complaint about dice. that topic has been discussed ad nauseum.

also, can it survive with just RISK games? idk, maybe. CC's heyday was when...2009? it had plenty of competition in the video game world so I think it could still do well. just needs a new coat of paint and some new brand invigoration

I agree. I was not here in 2009 and so I cannot address that issue.

I did look at another website for Risk in the past few days. It offers good graphics and special effects and TUTORIALS. BUT not the in-depth features (that perhaps I have not dug deep enough into) that CC offers. This to me means (partly) a great record of games played, to study them to learn how to play better. In addition, there are so many maps and so many options for game play.
Last edited by jusplay4fun on Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby CivProBlows on Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:57 pm

"War is an art and as such is not susceptible of explanation by fixed formula." - General George Patton
Colonel CivProBlows

Postby Davie.K on Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:02 pm

Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby Davie.K on Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:46 pm

5,569..snigger
Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:30 am

Davie.K wrote:5,569..snigger

You have a rather abnormal fixation and addiction to this number.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby Davie.K on Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:55 am

jusplay4fun wrote:
Davie.K wrote:5,569..snigger

You have a rather abnormal fixation and addiction to this number.

:D Deffo.... :twisted:
Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby Davie.K on Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:56 am

5,550 .... No snigger.....but a very anal number.....snigger
Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:49 am

Davie.K wrote:5,550 .... No snigger.....but a very anal number.....snigger

Now you are wondering near mrswdk territory....snigger
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby Davie.K on Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:25 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:

Is that good or bad ?
Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:02 pm

Davie.K wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

Is that good or bad ?

ask those who know more than EYE...

JP
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby Davie.K on Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:48 pm

Hmmmm...intriguing.
Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:23 am

Davie.K wrote:Hmmmm...intriguing.

Not really, he's just trying to cause trouble over your synonym for "SNICKER".

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/snicker

The variant you used seems less common in the US&A these days, where a few folks are going through things that could cause panic over your word. You might want to switch to SNICKER.

Example, "5,569...snicker"

The meaning is identical to what you wrote but it's less likely to cause problems on conquerclub this week.

You will of course need to be careful later, in case the Mars candy corporation gets upset about you using my recommended variation.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:15 am

2dimes wrote:
Davie.K wrote:Hmmmm...intriguing.

Not really, he's just trying to cause trouble over your synonym for "SNICKER".

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/snicker

The variant you used seems less common in the US&A these days, where a few folks are going through things that could cause panic over your word. You might want to switch to SNICKER.

Example, "5,569...snicker"

The meaning is identical to what you wrote but it's less likely to cause problems on conquerclub this week.

You will of course need to be careful later, in case the Mars candy corporation gets upset about you using my recommended variation.

You are partly correct, 2dimes. That was the concomitant point (#4) I was making. The main points are 1) concern Davie.K's fetish about the number 69, 2) his term the "anal number" and 3) that connection to mrswdk. I went for the FOUR POINTS, Alex, not merely a single point.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:20 am

Maybe, you should be concerned with your own fetish for mrswdk.

Davie. K is from Puru. I think he was joking around about the number, hence the "snicker"... as opposed to having "a fetish." and I don't presume he was using anal the same way you and your friend mrswdk did either. It's possible, so I will defer to his response.

I never did find out what the screen name mrswdk meant. I think it might be an acronym for, or otherwise have something to do with a region, a city or a neighbourhood.. Possibly a place were there is a high number of British citizens of the U.K. gathered in or near Hong Kong.

When he first joined he was talking a lot about his time spent in China. A few of us were conversing about things relating to that such as riding around on scooters and his return from there. As far as I can tell those threads, were lost to the off topics forum reset mystery surrounding thorthoth that defeated the search function, that would be a rather long story in it's self.

We asked about the screen name. It was before everyone started calling him Mrs wdk and the accompanying Chinese girl shtick. He wrote something suggesting, if you had been to China you'd know what it stood for.

I asked around but unfourtunatly, China is a rather huge and diverse place, I never found anyone I knew that was from China or visited the right part, that knew.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:30 pm

2dimes wrote:Maybe, you should be concerned with your own fetish for mrswdk.

Davie. K is from Puru. I think he was joking around about the number, hence the "snicker"... as opposed to having "a fetish." and I don't presume he was using anal the same way you and your friend mrswdk did either. It's possible, so I will defer to his response.

I never did find out what the screen name mrswdk meant. I think it might be an acronym for, or otherwise have something to do with a region, a city or a neighbourhood.. Possibly a place were there is a high number of British citizens of the U.K. gathered in or near Hong Kong.

When he first joined he was talking a lot about his time spent in China. A few of us were conversing about things relating to that such as riding around on scooters and his return from there. As far as I can tell those threads, were lost to the off topics forum reset mystery surrounding thorthoth that defeated the search function, that would be a rather long story in it's self.

We asked about the screen name. It was before everyone started calling him Mrs wdk and the accompanying Chinese girl shtick. He wrote something suggesting, if you had been to China you'd know what it stood for.

I asked around but unfourtunatly, China is a rather huge and diverse place, I never found anyone I knew that was from China or visited the right part, that knew.

I do not have a fetish with such things, numbers, or persons. I found mrswdk to be someone I would not want to be around in real life. As I already said, if you want to know about that person, I suggest that you ask others who have "spoken" or "chatted" with mrswdk as I had very little interactions, by intent, with that person.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby 2dimes on Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:02 am

The main reason I wrote you had a fetish, was to help you see how unfair it is for you to accuse Davie.K of it.
jusplay4fun wrote:...The main points are 1) concern Davie.K's fetish about the number 69, ...

He merely made a common pop-culture reference a few times. Less than five, I believe. Granted he did express lots of excitement but I presume that to be an important part of the joke.

Meanwhile who can count how often you write about a certain former member, who has been gone for quite a while now? Does Davie.K even know who you are talking about?

Sure you don't do it as much as Saxi, but here we are, you've done it yet again, as has occurred so many times before.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:03 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:

I agree. I was not here in 2009 and so I cannot address that issue.

I did look at another website for Risk in the past few days. It offers good graphics and special effects and TUTORIALS. BUT not the in-depth features (that perhaps I have not dug deep enough into) that CC offers. This to me means (partly) a great record of games played, to study them to learn how to play better. In addition, there are so many maps and so many options for game play.

I should also ADD there are many very good Risk Players here on CC and THAT makes CC the place to be for really serious Risk players who want a challenge.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:55 pm

2dimes wrote:The main reason I wrote you had a fetish, was to help you see how unfair it is for you to accuse Davie.K of it.
jusplay4fun wrote:...The main points are 1) concern Davie.K's fetish about the number 69, ...

He merely made a common pop-culture reference a few times. Less than five, I believe. Granted he did express lots of excitement but I presume that to be an important part of the joke.

Meanwhile who can count how often you write about a certain former member, who has been gone for quite a while now? Does Davie.K even know who you are talking about?

Sure you don't do it as much as Saxi, but here we are, you've done it yet again, as has occurred so many times before.

saxitoxin wrote:
Imagine coming to CC forums for the first time, and the first thing that happens is you run into a fake Chinese man girl who offers you a handy ... it's a great look for CC!!!
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby CaptainJTuttle on Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:02 pm

We have no obligation to monitor the Websites, Services, any Third Party Platform, or the Forums, or any Submissions or other materials that you or other third persons or parties transmit or post on the Websites, in the Services, on any Third Party Platform, or in the Forums. You acknowledge and agree that Conquer Club has the right (but not the obligation) to do any or all of the following, at its sole discretion: (i) alter, remove, or refuse to post or allow to be posted or stored any Submission or message; (ii) monitor and/or filter any of your communications through the Forums (including without limitation, by means of blocking or replacing expletives or other language that may be deemed harmful or offensive); and/or (iii) disclose any Submission or message or any communication through the Forums, and the circumstances surrounding the transmission thereof, to any third party in order to operate the Websites or any Services available thereon or through any Third Party Platform to (a) protect Conquer Club and its sponsors, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives and affiliates, and Conquer Club's users and visitors; (b) to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests; and (c) to enforce these Terms; or for any other reason or purpose.
Corporal CaptainJTuttle

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion