Conquer Club

Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:53 am

rhp 1 wrote:ok people...an elite player (how good is up for all of you to muddle about with) but nonetheless an objectively elite player saying that casual freestyle is a farming setting and little more.. moreover, he said he used it as such (not farming as far as against the rules, but we all know what we're talking about here) himself in the past... do we really have to continue to argue anymore about whether or not casual freestyle is farming? no? good... so let's just stop talking about it as a legitimate setting altogether... personally, I don't care if someone plays it, or for what reasons, but it's a joke.. so from now on, let's keep these debates restricted to sequential and speed freestyle as far as who's the best overall player... and I have no issue heavily weighting sequential in this question, so long as speed freestyle is a part (however small) of the equation regardless of the generally weak arguments (IMO) against this.

Your logic is fail. As one of the oldest freestyle vets on this site, casual freestyle is not purely farming. There have been many many good games on maps people know and understand. I have played a lot of tough players in these games. Just because I choose to start a 1 vs 1 freestyle casual or 8 man fs casual does not mean I am farming.

Here are my private game stats, which are mainly vs like minded people. I just used 8 man fs and 24. Private also. 118 games played and 28 wins 24% Most all those games are on classic. A very simple map to understand, especially with like minded people.

Options: Number of Players: 8 Game Type: S,C Play Order: F Joinability: Y Round Length: N
Map Rank Points Win/Loss Unique Defeats Kill Ratio Relative Rank
Totals3 Colonel276 +1724 28 from 118(24%) 70 (5) Serial Killer (69%)74 Equalitarian (0.929)
Classic3 Colonel450 +1550 23 from 87(26%) 55 Serial Killer (72%)31 Equalitarian (0.911)

As you can see I love to play the best and always. If it was up to me I would play only the best all the time.

Seeing that I cannot do that all the time I open many games to the public....

Totals17 Field Marshal +9773 303 from 1120(27%) 1103 (29) Serial Killer (72%)330 Point Hoarder (0.740) <---.740 is not too bad considering the amount of games played. Again this is only using 8 man, freestyle and casual.

Classic11 Field Marshal +6511 202 from 739(27%) 745 Serial Killer (72%)197 Point Hoarder (0.730)
British Isles Major139 +1361 18 from 38(47%) 104 Warmonger (86%)54 Point Hoarder (0.769)

So as you can see not all of us are out to farm people are difficult maps. Some of us are just out to play a game with like minded people.

Back on topic. This seq vs freestyle battle will always rage on. Nobody will agree with the other side, and the best players need no more mention. We all know who they are and they know who they are. And you know what? They play both freestyle and seq! What a concept.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:50 am

nope brucey, not all the best players play freestyle (casual). that's why it's acomplicated debate. We will all agree that the real risk game is casual sequential multi-singles, then depending on the continent you're from some rules might change (the classic board game here in france is flat rate adjacent with objectives, such as controlling a given continent+kill a certain player). This site has so many options to offer that it's normal to have such a debate.
Many of us will have valid points, but at the end of the day no one will agree, cause there is no such player on the top of every game type; and whereas some players might be really good in all options, there will always be some controversy as some other players will be the best in certain options and will not be mentionned.

maybe the best would be to put a coeficient for every game type; with higher coeficients on the ones we consider more important!
Major betiko

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:15 am

Bruceswar wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:ok people...an elite player (how good is up for all of you to muddle about with) but nonetheless an objectively elite player saying that casual freestyle is a farming setting and little more.. moreover, he said he used it as such (not farming as far as against the rules, but we all know what we're talking about here) himself in the past... do we really have to continue to argue anymore about whether or not casual freestyle is farming? no? good... so let's just stop talking about it as a legitimate setting altogether... personally, I don't care if someone plays it, or for what reasons, but it's a joke.. so from now on, let's keep these debates restricted to sequential and speed freestyle as far as who's the best overall player... and I have no issue heavily weighting sequential in this question, so long as speed freestyle is a part (however small) of the equation regardless of the generally weak arguments (IMO) against this.

Your logic is fail. As one of the oldest freestyle vets on this site, casual freestyle is not purely farming. There have been many many good games on maps people know and understand. I have played a lot of tough players in these games. Just because I choose to start a 1 vs 1 freestyle casual or 8 man fs casual does not mean I am farming.

Here are my private game stats, which are mainly vs like minded people. I just used 8 man fs and 24. Private also. 118 games played and 28 wins 24% Most all those games are on classic. A very simple map to understand, especially with like minded people.

Options: Number of Players: 8 Game Type: S,C Play Order: F Joinability: Y Round Length: N
Map Rank Points Win/Loss Unique Defeats Kill Ratio Relative Rank
Totals3 Colonel276 +1724 28 from 118(24%) 70 (5) Serial Killer (69%)74 Equalitarian (0.929)
Classic3 Colonel450 +1550 23 from 87(26%) 55 Serial Killer (72%)31 Equalitarian (0.911)

As you can see I love to play the best and always. If it was up to me I would play only the best all the time.

Seeing that I cannot do that all the time I open many games to the public....

Totals17 Field Marshal +9773 303 from 1120(27%) 1103 (29) Serial Killer (72%)330 Point Hoarder (0.740) <---.740 is not too bad considering the amount of games played. Again this is only using 8 man, freestyle and casual.

Classic11 Field Marshal +6511 202 from 739(27%) 745 Serial Killer (72%)197 Point Hoarder (0.730)
British Isles Major139 +1361 18 from 38(47%) 104 Warmonger (86%)54 Point Hoarder (0.769)

So as you can see not all of us are out to farm people are difficult maps. Some of us are just out to play a game with like minded people.

Back on topic. This seq vs freestyle battle will always rage on. Nobody will agree with the other side, and the best players need no more mention. We all know who they are and they know who they are. And you know what? They play both freestyle and seq! What a concept.

While I never accused you specifically of farming (which I never would accuse anyone, as I couldn't care less), you've done nothing to dispute my argument or prove that my logic if "fail" (think you meant flawed)... what you've done is present evidence that YOU don't use casual fs to farm... ok... point taken and never disputed... but again, both past and present, casual fs is and has been used to farm more than speed fs... its simply the nature of the setting... I wont now, havnt ever, and never will make a point to call out any player for farming (with any heart put behind it, maybe just to f*ck someone)... first, because I don't think its wrong (survival of the fittest is my mantra) and second, because this is a game and I don't care if one person loses "internet points" to another because he was clueless...

I do agree Bruce... the greatest could play both seq and fs... and again ill say, before you seq divas get your panties in a bunch lol, that seq should be weighted more heavily... for all the logical reasons advanced thus far (tools, connection, number of seq games vs. FS games... etc) but to leave FS totally out of the equation for best overall player will never make sense to me...
Come to America all you prehistoric internet connection seq studs... get a good connection and impress me.... its better in America anyhow.. :lol:
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:37 am

I wont now, haven't ever, and never will make a point to call out any player for farming (with any heart put behind it, maybe just to f*ck someone)... first, because I don't think it's wrong (survival of the fittest is my mantra) and second, because this is a game and I don't care if one person loses "internet points" to another because he was clueless...

haha, brilliant. My favourite sentence for.....well, ages. =D>
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:26 pm

rhp1, the conection I have here is pretty good, and the best internet conection in the world is in korea, far better than the american, far better than any country on the planet. this is a question of having CC servers in north america. you necesairly gain some miliseconds, your data isn't crossing the atlantic through underwater cables.
Oh and you are definitely faster than me, it's not just about the conection, but I still think that most north american are favoured.
Major betiko

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:37 pm

betiko wrote:rhp1, the conection I have here is pretty good, and the best internet conection in the world is in korea, far better than the american, far better than any country on the planet. this is a question of having CC servers in north america. you necesairly gain some miliseconds, your data isn't crossing the atlantic through underwater cables.
Oh and you are definitely faster than me, it's not just about the conection, but I still think that most north american are favoured.

Korea? hmm.... did not realize that... didn't have a clue actually... not disputing your claim @ all since I already said I was unaware of this, but do you have evidence to support this?

and btw... it's not all "connection" either... I have the lowest level cable connection possible... 5 down/500mb up, but a new computer.. when my old computer started to f*ck up, it directly affected my speed... it showed itself as lag...

other factors...

stupid as it sounds, you have to be able to physically click a mouse very quickly, as well as flawlessly put your arrow where you want to attack/fort to, which seems like a duh, but it is important and not as easy as one would think.. you also need to have a sound overall strategy on a map, so as not to spend too much time figuring out what you need to do, as opposed to simply doing it.. you also need to think and react very quickly, and modify what you want to do to counter what someone else is doing (ESPECIALLY true when playing other top FS players)... a wired mouse vs. a wireless mouse makes a difference as well believe it or not...

but seriously, anyone who can attack once every 3 seconds or so has a chance against a good fs player on most maps as long as he's a good player.. and 1 attack every 3 seconds is slow as shit...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby loutil on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:08 pm

rhp 1 wrote:
betiko wrote:rhp1, the conection I have here is pretty good, and the best internet conection in the world is in korea, far better than the american, far better than any country on the planet. this is a question of having CC servers in north america. you necesairly gain some miliseconds, your data isn't crossing the atlantic through underwater cables.

Korea? hmm.... did not realize that... didn't have a clue actually... not disputing your claim @ all since I already said I was unaware of this, but do you have evidence to support this?

and btw... it's not all "connection" either... I have the lowest level cable connection possible... 5 down/500mb up, but a new computer.. when my old computer started to f*ck up, it directly affected my speed... it showed itself as lag...

other factors...

stupid as it sounds, you have to be able to physically click a mouse very quickly, as well as flawlessly put your arrow where you want to attack/fort to, which seems like a duh, but it is important and not as easy as one would think.. you also need to have a sound overall strategy on a map, so as not to spend too much time figuring out what you need to do, as opposed to simply doing it.. you also need to think and react very quickly, and modify what you want to do to counter what someone else is doing (ESPECIALLY true when playing other top FS players)... a wired mouse vs. a wireless mouse makes a difference as well believe it or not...

but seriously, anyone who can attack once every 3 seconds or so has a chance against a good fs player on most maps as long as he's a good player.. and 1 attack every 3 seconds is slow as shit...

You make a point I tried to make earlier...the speed at which you can move a mouse is more about age and reflexes than it is about skill. I am 49 and my reactions in games is not what it used to be. In my 30's I could dominate on multi player shooter games like Duke Nukem, Doom, Quake and Unreal Tournament. I eventually stopped playing when the I could no longer keep up with the younger guys. I do not believe manual dexterity is a "skill" in a strategy war game...
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby loutil on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:13 pm

rhp 1 wrote:

Opinions vary but South Korea is usually ranked in the top 4 and sometimes first. Hong Kong is more often ranked as the best.
http://www.bloomberg.com/slideshow/2013-01-23/top-10-countries-with-the-fastest-internet.html#slide11

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/top-10-countries-with-the-fastest-internet/24801
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:49 pm

loutil wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:

other factors...

You make a point I tried to make earlier...the speed at which you can move a mouse is more about age and reflexes than it is about skill. I am 49 and my reactions in games is not what it used to be. In my 30's I could dominate on multi player shooter games like Duke Nukem, Doom, Quake and Unreal Tournament. I eventually stopped playing when the I could no longer keep up with the younger guys. I do not believe manual dexterity is a "skill" in a strategy war game...

I was afraid you'd say that.. it's a mistake to say FS is all about manual dexterity.... it's not.. is it a factor? sure... and to say this site is all "strategy"? crazy talk.. see "dice stats"... of course there is a huge strat component, but it's a %, not the whole deal... and I'm 40 and Mageplunka69 is older than I am, and we're 2 (out of maybe 15) of the fastest on here.... should have taken better care of yourself bud, and maybe you coulda kept up.. lol.... ;) :D 8-)
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:52 pm

and thanx for the links.... now where are those damn chinese and S. Korean players????? come get some! :lol:
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm in Hong Kong. Believe me, it's a fallacy that most of us have hyperfast speeds. Sure you can pay extra and increase bandwidth and I notice page loading when in an office is instantaneous. But for the humble home user it's pretty naff.

And on the point of cables across the ocean....actually a great deal of data traffic does route this way. When Japan suffered its earthquake we were cut off from North America for a while due to cable damage.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby loutil on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:29 pm

rhp 1 wrote:
loutil wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:

other factors...

I was afraid you'd say that.. it's a mistake to say FS is all about manual dexterity.... it's not.. is it a factor? sure... and to say this site is all "strategy"? crazy talk.. see "dice stats"... of course there is a huge strat component, but it's a %, not the whole deal... and I'm 40 and Mageplunka69 is older than I am, and we're 2 (out of maybe 15) of the fastest on here.... should have taken better care of yourself bud, and maybe you coulda kept up.. lol.... ;) :D 8-)

LOL...I would give 5 - 1 odds that I am in better shape than you even though I am much older :o . I work out 4 days a week and box 1 day a week. So bring it on 8-) .
Back to the subject: while I will agree with you that manual dexterity is not the only factor, I would suggest that for some it is the most important factor. Let us use your words: you have to be able to physically click a mouse very quickly, as well as flawlessly put your arrow where you want to attack/fort to, which seems like a duh, but it is important and not as easy as one would think.
I do not move my mouse that quickly and I am quite sure I would struggle to make 1 attack every 3 seconds. So, therefor, no matter how good my tactical skills and game play are I have no chance against anyone who is quick with a mouse and attack. As I believe that my dexterity does not in anyway influence my skill level in a strategy board game I respectfully submit you have in fact made my argument for me :)...
As for dice stats... I have yet to see any player whose dice stats are even one standard deviation from the norm. In fact, I have never seen dice stats that are even slightly off the norm. Find me a player with significant games played whose dice average is 3.7 or 3.3. Do the dice vary game to game and do they have strange and significant short term variations? Certainly they do. However, they even out over time and therefor the better tactical players win over time...No amount of random dice luck will help a lesser player beat a better player over time.
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:40 pm

rhp 1 wrote:and thanx for the links.... now where are those damn chinese and S. Korean players????? come get some! :lol:

I'm here...but my brain works so very, very slowly.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:11 pm

loutil wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
loutil wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:

other factors...

LOL...I would give 5 - 1 odds that I am in better shape than you even though I am much older :o . I work out 4 days a week and box 1 day a week. So bring it on 8-) .
Back to the subject: while I will agree with you that manual dexterity is not the only factor, I would suggest that for some it is the most important factor. Let us use your words: you have to be able to physically click a mouse very quickly, as well as flawlessly put your arrow where you want to attack/fort to, which seems like a duh, but it is important and not as easy as one would think.
I do not move my mouse that quickly and I am quite sure I would struggle to make 1 attack every 3 seconds. So, therefor, no matter how good my tactical skills and game play are I have no chance against anyone who is quick with a mouse and attack. As I believe that my dexterity does not in anyway influence my skill level in a strategy board game I respectfully submit you have in fact made my argument for me :)...
As for dice stats... I have yet to see any player whose dice stats are even one standard deviation from the norm. In fact, I have never seen dice stats that are even slightly off the norm. Find me a player with significant games played whose dice average is 3.7 or 3.3. Do the dice vary game to game and do they have strange and significant short term variations? Certainly they do. However, they even out over time and therefor the better tactical players win over time...No amount of random dice luck will help a lesser player beat a better player over time.

agree with much of what you wrote.. though I work out daily and have been taking some form of martial arts training for umm.... well.. for a long fkn time... lol... but we can compare e-muscles some other time (I'd love to take your money on the 5-1 but I don't steal candy from babies :lol: :lol: :lol: )... I only made the remark about dice to point it out.. of course you are correct... long term dice average out with short term variations, and strat trumps luck over the long term... I made no comments to the contrary, just didn't feel like typing all that out on my phone.... however, I'm a little disturbed that someone of your fitness level would have a hard time clicking a mouse every couple of seconds though... that seems odd...and again, fine motor skill and manual dexterity are only pieces to the puzzle, not the entire picture, so I'm not sure I've made your point for you as well as you have seemed to surmised... ;) ;)
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby betiko on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:48 pm

bump for jtile. that's why no one is taking your thread seriously ;)
Major betiko

Postby demonfork on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:10 pm

rhp 1 is definitely the best player.

1. He wears sunglasses on his hat like a boss.

2. He's a martial arts expert.

3. He's not just fast... not cheetah fast... CHEETAH WITH A ROCKET STRAPPED TO HER ASS FAST.

4. He's a part time MMA fighter.

5. He will bet high odds that he could kick your ass IRL. (like 5-1 type odds)

Anyone that goes up against him is at an extreme disadvantage from the getgo.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby betiko on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Yeah, he has that chuck norris look that really scares me. Definitely a black belt in karate! So he can click like a super fast bad ass!!
Major betiko

Postby rhp 1 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:29 pm

demonfork wrote:rhp 1 is definitely the best player.

3. He's not just fast... not cheetah fast... CHEETAH WITH A ROCKET STRAPPED TO HER ASS FAST.

+1...

less the martial arts expert... that's my son
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby rhp 1 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:30 pm

demonfork wrote:rhp 1 is definitely the best player.

and wow... the time you have to research my previous posts... I'm impressed.. and a bit embarrassed... thanx bro
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:45 am

demonfork wrote:5. He will bet high odds that he could kick your ass IRL. (like 5-1 type odds)

:lol: Id want him on my side in a fight that's for sure
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby General Quigley on Sun May 25, 2014 4:23 pm

There is no doubt of who has this title. He reigned supreme for years before jealous snipes and conniving moderators did him in. Here is a reprint of my classic 2008 tribute to the King (this post was quickly locked by a moderator in thrall to the anti-Klobber cabal, and so there are some who may not have had the chance to read and consider these prescient, cautionary words of wisdom):

Klobber is one of Conquer Club's star players. We should congratulate him, emulate him, even perhaps offer to pay him for lessons on how to play. However, I see poor Klobber being constantly maligned and disrespected in the forums. What is particulary distressing to me is to see a site moderator (who should be on his knees worshipping at Klobber's shrine) persecutuing poor Klobber when he is only trying to advise those of us with less experience on how to handle a difficult situation.

This disrespect for Klobber, I have been observing, comes from two classes of his inferiors:
1) Jealous, lower ranked players (those who say he mostly plays newbies, yet never supply statistics or even specific anecdotal examples to back such claims).
2) Mental inferiors, such as power corrupted moderators like Wicked, and now, it seems, lancehoch. In fact, lancehoch's disrespect of Klobber takes a pattern very reminiscent of Wicked's: for example, abusing his authority to lock down forum topics when he loses discussion points to Klobber. How is it that Klobber always seems to have the facts on his side and always comes across as being more reasonable and enlightened than his detractors? One has to wonder if Wicked has perhaps infiltrated Conquer Club's security and begun operating under the lancehoch name, or are these two just extremely close, personal friends?

Sniping at Klobber, locking forum topics and banning the poor guy just to "win" forum arguments, and even then picking on him in play by joining his games and gunning for him but still losing only serves to magnify Klobber's achievements and make them appear that much more impressive. Klobber accomplishes more than anyone else at this site, and he does it against incredible odds, against stiffer opposition and more mean-spirited snipes than anyone else; he even wins despite moderators' abuse and under jealous peer adversity. No one in the history of Conquer Club has managed so much under such difficult circumstances.

People should be ashamed of themselves for abusing Klobber in these forums. Please, lancehoch, stop threatening Klobber and trying to silence him. We all stand to benefit so much from the wisdom he freely dispenses here in the forums. Instead, you (and indeed all of us) should be taking notes on how Klobber does what he does so well. It's long past time we gave the man his due. Long live Klobber!

Respectfully Submitted,
General Quigley
Lieutenant General Quigley

Postby TeeGee on Mon May 26, 2014 8:15 am

umm, lancehoch and wicked haven't been around for many many years. The site has changed owners twice since klobber was conqueror.
I am surprised Klobber hasn't taken advantage of the current appeals process we offer
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby General Quigley on Mon May 26, 2014 1:22 pm

Good to know CC is under new management. I'll let all that rest then and hope some day Klobber might return. Thanks.

By the way. I made two suggestions in the "Is CC Declining" thread that I believe if taken would really help your business. The second one is complicated, but the first one is such an easy programming thing and would show immediate results.

Best Wishes,
General Quigley
Lieutenant General Quigley

Postby betiko on Mon May 26, 2014 5:57 pm

General Quigley wrote:Good to know CC is under new management. I'll let all that rest then and hope some day Klobber might return. Thanks.

By the way. I made two suggestions in the "Is CC Declining" thread that I believe if taken would really help your business. The second one is complicated, but the first one is such an easy programming thing and would show immediate results.

Best Wishes,
General Quigley

Have you been living under a CC rock? You ve just learnt the new ownership? Even if you are back after a long absence you should ve seen that the site has changed a lot, obviously not because of lackattack.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion