Conquer Club

Regarding Josko.ri

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Regarding Josko.ri

Postby Fruitcake on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:54 am

codeblue1018 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:
codeblue1018 wrote:
You've been around since 2007 and you ask who? Poo, Scott-land, jork in. I particular order.

I had a feeling those names might pop up... ;)

I think Josko's achievement is comparable. I am most impressed by the fact that he playing very strong opposition, huge numbers of games and he has, just now, gone over 6000 points.

WHAT-EVA!!! Blitzaholic held the top spot for over a year. hands down he is: THE! BEST! EVER! the black jesus has ended the debate. the black jesus has spoken...-el Jesus negro

And as the white Jesus said, blitz was indeed dangerous and deserving of his accomplishments.

Indeed Blitz was a dangerous player, until he went to the dark side and this ensured his so called reputation for playing was forever tainted. All his so called team games have to be viewed in the light of sitting abuse and plants within the opposition team. Apart from which, he was, of course, a complete wanker.

As for Josko.ri, I will have completed just 4 poly games with him soon and it is looking like 2/2. My experience of his play is bold and clever. I have learnt a couple of moves by watching him take turns and am of the belief he is good, very good. Whether he is better than some of the so called legends of the past I am not sure as my recollection is that most of them got to where they were by playing a particular style expertly.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Armandolas on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:18 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Leehar wrote:
JBlombier wrote:That is, if I were blessed with all the strategic insight in the game and all.

To be frank, it's not always about strategical nous, and often more about doing the basics well, along with ramping down on mistakes!

Agreed.

@Armondolas, this is obviously different as josko is not sending invites to people that have never played Labyrinth or the World Cup maps, nor is he dropping his score to get the maximum gain possible. He might delay a few games, big deal.

He is delaying to achieve best score ever.crown was not loosing games on purpose he was delaying them with a similar goal. Achieve max score.
If im unexperienced in unlimited and he invites me to play that whats the diff between that and being unexperienced at labyrinth ?
Colonel Armandolas

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:22 am

He's not inviting people to play unlimited and even if he was, your only significant disadvantage would be if there was fog, and that is only because he's so good at it. Inviting someone to a new, complicated map is totally different to inviting based on settings that have existed for years.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Armandolas on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:29 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:He's not inviting people to play unlimited and even if he was, your only significant disadvantage would be if there was fog, and that is only because he's so good at it. Inviting someone to a new, complicated map is totally different to inviting based on settings that have existed for years.

You believe on what u want to see. Im not taking any merit on them, since they also play some other games. And they both do that.
Like i said before . I found that legit...and time/game management as well.

On a side note he might have found/created a software to cheat :)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:38 am

There is an obvious difference. If you want to be deliberately annoying keep it up. What is your with your need to frequently ask stupid questions just to disagree with someone?
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Koganosi on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:51 am

Score: 6,164 by now.

I think the highest ever achieved was around 6200 by King_Herpes, and something in the likes of 6150 by Sjnap? Will he break the all time record?

ON the subject, he seems to play regular games against high rankings so he must have superior tactic skills, I quess. Have never played him myself so I cant really tell.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby Armandolas on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:10 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:There is an obvious difference. If you want to be deliberately annoying keep it up. What is your with your need to frequently ask stupid questions just to disagree with someone?

I gave my opinion before. You came here to say i was all wrong.Actually thats the only thing that u do to people.
When u dont agree with someone it does not mean other people is wrong. So stop being a dick. I know thats what u do best but im asking politely ;)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:25 am

Koganosi wrote:Score: 6,164 by now.

I think the highest ever achieved was around 6200 by King_Herpes, and something in the likes of 6150 by Sjnap? Will he break the all time record?

ON the subject, he seems to play regular games against high rankings so he must have superior tactic skills, I quess. Have never played him myself so I cant really tell.

Urs

Koganosi

I think there was a thread about high scores, i might be totLly wrong but weren t there some super-industry size freestlye farmers that went over 8000 or so? If someone knows the name of the thread... (I think demonfork was the OP). The high scores through cheating/legit are marked there.

Wow, just looked, he is ahead of freefalling now!
The biggest acheivement here for me is to win that monthly powerscore scoreboard being conqueror at the start of the month. Truely impressive!
Major betiko

Postby agentcom on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:02 am

Leehar wrote:
agentcom wrote:I'm 4/5 against him, so I don't know what all the fuss is about ;)

and since I'm 9/11 against you, I must concur :)

That, my friend, was all luck ;)

betiko wrote:
Koganosi wrote:Score: 6,164 by now.

Urs

Koganosi

I think there was a thread about high scores, i might be totLly wrong but weren t there some super-industry size freestlye farmers that went over 8000 or so? If someone knows the name of the thread... (I think demonfork was the OP). The high scores through cheating/legit are marked there.

Wow, just looked, he is ahead of freefalling now!
The biggest acheivement here for me is to win that monthly powerscore scoreboard being conqueror at the start of the month. Truely impressive!

I feel like the high score thread fell into disuse, possibly because it was created by someone without an active account anymore. I think I find it pretty easily by searching for "hall of fame" or "highest score ever" or something like that. Possibly with the quotes around the search terms. Would be nice if someone brought that back.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Donelladan on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:17 am

The powerscore take into account that it is more difficult to increase with a high score.
So it is not more difficult to be first at the powerscore with an higher score that with a lower score.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby laughingcavalier on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:19 am

Wow. Well over 6000. I'm impressed as I always have been when I've played against josko. It must have been herpes not sjnap who had the previous high-score? But josko has beaten that right? And playing fairly standard maps and settings? He must need to win at least 2 in 3 against generals, and he has opponents who are good players down to colonel ranks. Regardless of if there is some cleverness going on over timings of games, this is awesome play.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:37 am

If you look at Game 13900095 as one example you can see that Josko is playing his turns almost 24 hours after the previous turn in a game that he's forecast to lose [a tactic that The Crown adopted to excess]. What's interesting though is that his faithful sidekick and opponent Moonchild is also taking almost 24 hours to take his turns in that game, alluding to collusion between the two to delay the loss. The two of them are doing the same in Game 13900182. Conversely however, in Game 13900094 (a game Josko was destined to win) both he and Moonchild took their turns as quickly as possible.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that of course (other than manipulation of Josko's score) but it's not something to say "Wow, I'm impressed" over as he approaches a CC high score. It took chicanery and collusion to do so.

Same deal in Game 13908699 - waiting for as long as possible to take the turn whilst posting in C&A about his opponent.

Then again, there's never been any love lost between me and Josko:

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=ratings1&username=Chariot+of+Fire
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Mr Changsha on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:32 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:If you look at Game 13900095 as one example you can see that Josko is playing his turns almost 24 hours after the previous turn in a game that he's forecast to lose [a tactic that The Crown adopted to excess]. What's interesting though is that his faithful sidekick and opponent Moonchild is also taking almost 24 hours to take his turns in that game, alluding to collusion between the two to delay the loss. The two of them are doing the same in Game 13900182. Conversely however, in Game 13900094 (a game Josko was destined to win) both he and Moonchild took their turns as quickly as possible.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that of course (other than manipulation of Josko's score) but it's not something to say "Wow, I'm impressed" over as he approaches a CC high score. It took chicanery and collusion to do so.

Same deal in Game 13908699 - waiting for as long as possible to take the turn whilst posting in C&A about his opponent.

Then again, there's never been any love lost between me and Josko:

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=ratings1&username=Chariot+of+Fire

Personally, I am of the view that +6000 scores require by their inherent nature one or both of either chicanery and collusion, but of all the nefarious methods 'holding your losses' is one of the lesser 'CC-Vices', for the simple fact that we all do it every once in a while, if not on the industrial scale of freefalling123 or one must suppose josko.ri.

It is difficult to not say "Wow, I'm impressed" (at least for me) by any sequential player who has reached 6,000 points. Though I also accept that as his score drops we will get something of his true level as his losses come in.

You know I've had to accept that, just like everyone else one must suppose, that there is a level I can theoretically reach; and that the level I have in mind is below others who might not necessarily have more strategic ability than me (though they probably have more), but have more stamina, or drive, or greater levels of concentration. I know that if I continue to push on I will get halted well before 3500 (in the sense that the enjoyment of gaming would have to take such a hit to achieve it). You are a far better player than I in that you are obviously able to enjoy our game at such exalted levels. Yet here is josko, able to take his game beyond 5,000 points and I would think you are also able to do that, but for reasons beyond strategic nous you actually can't. CC, as of course you well know, is not just about strategic ability, it is also about some of the qualities I mentioned above like stamina. Personally, I don't undervalue stamina (having so little of it myself) and consider it a key element of most of the players who reach the heights (as you have) and of even more importance to those who really reach the heights like josko.ri.
Last edited by Mr Changsha on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:59 am

I don't think anyone could have expressed it more succinctly or eloquently Mr.C.

Very well said, as always.

I'll reply in kind in due course. Right now though I'm sitting back in my armchair with the remnants of the claret after a truly massive Sunday roast and don't have the frame of mind to do much thinking, let alone waste time on CC.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Great-Ollie on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:09 pm

Josko.ri has not broken any site rules period! This should be the end of this discussion. He has achieved a great feet well within the rules and guidelines of acceptable practices for gameplay on the site. All games where played within the defined timeline. Rather the dis his approach, why can't we applaud his patience, and fortitude to get this done? This actually took a lot of time, planning, and great gameplay to accomplish. All competition was against top tier players as well. No matter what is said from this point on, I for one congratulate josko.ri. He is the best player in heads up gameplay I have ever faced. Well done. =D> =D> :D
Major Great-Ollie

Postby Leehar on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:28 pm

Anyway, it looks like Josko did reach the all-time Highest score, so some well-deserved accolades are due to him, even if he did lose 1.5k points immediately thereafter!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=129507
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby ChrisPond on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:40 pm

Leehar wrote:Anyway, it looks like Josko did reach the all-time Highest score, so some well-deserved accolades are due to him, even if he did lose 1.5k points immediately thereafter!

looks like that list is in need of being updated.
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:43 pm

ChrisPond wrote:
Leehar wrote:Anyway, it looks like Josko did reach the all-time Highest score, so some well-deserved accolades are due to him, even if he did lose 1.5k points immediately thereafter!

Agreed. Unfortunately, blitz probably made that thread (like many others) to toot his own horn :lol:
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby agentcom on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:51 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
ChrisPond wrote:

Agreed. Unfortunately, blitz probably made that thread (like many others) to toot his own horn :lol:

I thought it was blitz that made that! But I didn't want to send anyone on the wrong track.

Doesn't stop someone else from redoing it. As far as forum tasks go, that's on the easier side. Someone would just have to copy the OP of that thread and keep up with it for a while. I've always wondered why no one has, but I suppose it's the same reason that I haven't done it myself :)
Colonel agentcom

Postby Kaskavel on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:17 pm

I am not reading all that. But, I can assure you that Josko is a powerful player. He always was, since the days he was "just a general" at place 10th-15th. He was even beating me on hive those days.
Colonel Kaskavel

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:43 pm

I m glad you all sorted this out. Congrats conquer club members!
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:13 am

betiko wrote:I m glad you all sorted this out. Congrats conquer club members!

Thanks Betty.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:54 pm

Haters gonna hate, but to me josko is one of the most amazing minds on Conquer Club.

Anyway, we're interrogating him for the next Dispatch, so here's your chance to ask the man himself what makes him tick.

Subject: Conquer Club Dispatch Interrogation -- Josko.ri

Dukasaur wrote:For our next issue, we will interrogate former conqueror and all-round CC mastermind, josko.ri.

Ask away!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby ChrisPond on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:47 am

Dukasaur wrote:Haters gonna hate, but to me josko is one of the most amazing minds on Conquer Club.

Anyway, we're interrogating him for the next Dispatch, so here's your chance to ask the man himself what makes him tick.

Subject: Conquer Club Dispatch Interrogation -- Josko.ri

Dukasaur wrote:For our next issue, we will interrogate former conqueror and all-round CC mastermind, josko.ri.

Ask away!

=D>
Great choice!

Top Rank: 12 High Score: 3912
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby owenshooter on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:58 pm

Dukasaur wrote:CONQUER CLUB DISPATCH ADVERTISMENT

a SEVEN MONTH bump to promote an interview in the freaking dispatch that you already spam every members box with?!! you guys have literally no shame in breaking every and any forum rule possible when you see it as a benefit to whatever little nook or cranny of CC it is that you are involved with... why not just sticky this?! wow... this is just sad and pathetic.. why not follow the lead of TeeGee and make it an announcement, that way it goes across all the forums and you don't have to spam up, bump up or sticky up the GD... TeeGee moved his last thread after a polite mention of it being an "announcement" vs. a GD topic...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion