Conquer Club

Why arent random maps, "Random"?????

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Why arent random maps, "Random"?????

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Thyseneal (Random)... That is all i have to say... Did not even know this map existed...-Jésus noir
DoomYoshi, "GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you."
Lieutenant owenshooter

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:54 pm

owenshooter wrote:Thyseneal (Random)... That is all i have to say... Did not even know this map existed...-Jésus noir

Considering that map was released in August of 2010, I think it's evidence that you should maybe spend less time in the forums and more time exploring the games.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
Colonel Dukasaur
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator

Medals: 162
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (44)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:59 am

Dukasaur wrote:
owenshooter wrote:Thyseneal (Random)... That is all i have to say... Did not even know this map existed...-Jésus noir

Considering that map was released in August of 2010, I think it's evidence that you should maybe spend less time in the forums and more time exploring the games.

i can't believe i wasted my 8,902nd post responding to this gibberish... the black jesus is ignoring you ;) ...-Jésus noir
DoomYoshi, "GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you."
Lieutenant owenshooter

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Donald Fung on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:18 pm

I played a total of 93 random games and these are the maps that showed up more than once:

Portugal 3
WWI Ottoman Empire 3 - 2 of them were on the same week
Age of Realms 2: Magic 2
San Francisco 2
Canada 2
France 2
Ancient Greece 2
The Citadel 2
Chicago 2
Hong Kong 2
King of the Mountains 2
Steamworks 2 - 2 of them were in the same tourny

I would say this is very close to the random probability though, as agentcom mentioned before, not getting any repeats at all is a very low probability. 10 repeats of 2x and 2 repeats of 3x out of 79 chosen maps sounds reasonable.

I think a lot of you are getting crappy maps when you choose the random setting because there is such a high amount of crappy maps in CC altogether...
Private Donald Fung

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to General Discussion