Conquer Club

run out of time in nukes. acceptable?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

is it fair to run out of time on purpose in nuke/zombie games?

Total votes : 0

Re: run out of time in nukes. acceptable?

Postby betiko on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:57 pm

Donelladan wrote:
demonfork wrote:Also, what if you're down to 1 territ and you are holding the card that takes yourself out of the game? Then what you kill yourself to prevent someone from thinking you're a dick? I say f*ck that shit!

Regarding the situation in the op the case you describe is impossible... He speaks about timing out after you conquer a territ, so after you conquer a territ you can't have only 1....

And otherwise if you are in that case, except missing turn... but that would also make you lose so.... yes kill yourself at least if it is terminator no one got your points (right?)

You don t put yourself in that situation. You stop attacking and you stack till the timing is right as i wrote.
Major betiko

Postby Doc_Brown on Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:21 pm

It is already forbidden in clan games. It's currently legal but definitely not fair. There is a submitted suggestion to automatically award spoils to anyone that takes a territory, even if he fails to end his turn:
viewtopic.php?f=535&t=188165
Over 75% of the people that voted in that poll believe that spoils should automatically be awarded at least in all "normal" games (games other than speed/freestyle).
Major Doc_Brown

Postby rhp 1 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:03 pm

betiko wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:a questionable but valid strategy....all this talk about loophole exploitation... change the rules.. something isn't against the rules until it's against the rules... I understand why some (many) don't like it, but oh well...

The point here is that it s not something accepted from my understanding. Most players would trash you if you do something like this. This is a gentleman agreement. Like not letting your opponent the the time to take a snap in a team fog game (even if this snap example is not as bad as the other).
Note that freestyle is a whole different story. Missing in freestyle is not necessarily intentional.. And given the essence of freestyle i don t consider missing a spoil in this game mode is against the spirit of the game.

lol.. bro.. I play a lot of other stuff other than just fs contrary to your thoughts... and again, I don't care if someone "trashes" me for not carding in nukes.. f*ck em.. foe away.... and I don't care if they do it... name of the game is winning.. as long as it's not cheating, feel free to do what you can to win...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby rhp 1 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:06 pm

how is it "not fair"... if you want to say someone is exploiting a loophole, fine... poor sportsmanship? whatever... but "not fair?" you're lame... if either player can do it, it's fair.. regardless of all the other nonsense..
Last edited by rhp 1 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby rhp 1 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:09 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:It is already forbidden in clan games. It's currently legal but definitely not fair. There is a submitted suggestion to automatically award spoils to anyone that takes a territory, even if he fails to end his turn:
viewtopic.php?f=535&t=188165
Over 75% of the people that voted in that poll believe that spoils should automatically be awarded at least in all "normal" games (games other than speed/freestyle).

I actually agree that, with the exception of speed fs, if you take a terit, you should card, but that currently is not the case... but please, don't quote "polls"... polls on here are 1% of CC players probably, and not worth wiping your ass with...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby Gweeedo on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:09 pm

betiko wrote:
Donelladan wrote:
demonfork wrote:Also, what if you're down to 1 territ and you are holding the card that takes yourself out of the game? Then what you kill yourself to prevent someone from thinking you're a dick? I say f*ck that shit!

Regarding the situation in the op the case you describe is impossible... He speaks about timing out after you conquer a territ, so after you conquer a territ you can't have only 1....

And otherwise if you are in that case, except missing turn... but that would also make you lose so.... yes kill yourself at least if it is terminator no one got your points (right?)

You don t put yourself in that situation. You stop attacking and you stack till the timing is right as i wrote.

Regarding the situation in the op the case he describes is Valid (possible...who said anything about holding only one Card)?

Quote:You don t put yourself in that situation. You stop attacking and you stack till the timing is right as i wrote..end quote.

You do not always have a choice (putting yourself in a situation..nukes will do that for you) when playing with nukes.

Going with the scenario above, you only describe one strategic solution...there is only one (in your mind), making it simple (lacking understanding and creativity) as possible.
Wouldn't you rather pull off a brilliant Maneuver...having more options?

As in many (every game ever made) games, player always have, discrepant account of the rules.

NOT THIS ONE!
It is in the rules.
If you do not like it..don't play nuke.
Simple as that.

Telling others that this is not permitted or against the rules is wrong.

Before nukes; this 'rule' was designed, to hurt (still having a chance) the player who's turn it was..not meant to be a killer.

I know you have a closed mind betiko...you will never agree with this 'rule' as being a valid strategic option.
Voting 'no' does not mean players (the no voters) don't use it...even you.

betiko, always subterfuges the rules (reading some of his other posts).
He has no game...boring!
Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Postby betiko on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Gweeedo wrote:
betiko wrote:
Donelladan wrote:

Regarding the situation in the op the case he describes is Valid (possible...who said anything about holding only one Card)?

Quote:You don t put yourself in that situation. You stop attacking and you stack till the timing is right as i wrote..end quote.

You do not always have a choice (putting yourself in a situation..nukes will do that for you) when playing with nukes.

Going with the scenario above, you only describe one strategic solution...there is only one (in your mind), making it simple (lacking understanding and creativity) as possible.

As in many (every game ever made) games, player always have, discrepant account of the rules.

NOT THIS ONE!
It is in the rules.
Simple as that.

Before nukes; this 'rule' was designed, to hurt (still having a chance) the player who's turn it was..not meant to be a killer.

I know you have a closed mind betiko...you will never agree with this 'rule' as being a valid strategic option.

He has no game...boring!

go away bozo. this is like having a conversation about sex with friends and you have an anoying 12 year old virgin kid brother trying to get involved and giving sex tips. you've never seen a real vagina bro. bounce.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:38 pm

rhp 1 wrote:how is it "not fair"... if you want to say someone is exploiting a loophole, fine... poor sportsmanship? whatever... but "not fair?" you're lame... if either player can do it, it's fair.. regardless of all the other nonsense..

like it or not i don't care. that's how it is, sorry it makes you sad.
Major betiko

Postby Gweeedo on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:40 am

betiko wrote:
Gweeedo wrote:
betiko wrote:
Donelladan wrote:

NOT THIS ONE!
It is in the rules.
Simple as that.

He has no game...boring!

go away bozo. this is like having a conversation about sex with friends and you have an anoying 12 year old virgin kid brother trying to get involved and giving sex tips. you've never seen a real vagina bro. bounce.

Is there a reason why you would be talking sex with your boyfriends, in front of a twelve year old boy...Maybe in the hopes that the young lad might get curious and join in your upcomming fagfest...hmm

Postby Gweeedo on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:59 am

betiko wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:how is it "not fair"... if you want to say someone is exploiting a loophole, fine... poor sportsmanship? whatever... but "not fair?" you're lame... if either player can do it, it's fair.. regardless of all the other nonsense..

How do you figure?

You don't care if it is fair...you will never stoop so low as to use it...you claim you will never put it into practice (right), I don't believe you!
I have read some of your posts. You seem to have more then a few quirks.
You whine and cry about everything.

One minute you snivel about suiciders.
Next minute you whine and cry about players not suiciding.
You claim to have never suicided in a game (ya, that is believable).

What is the matter with you???
Why post a thread on a subjectmatter that you don't understand?
The op question is legitimate, and describing it as breaking the rules is not fair (you want fair).

accordance in opinion is not going to change anything.

I can post references to your earlier incongruous posts.
I can, but I won't unless you Agree to except the cogency of the argument as irrefutable (in my favor).

Postby betiko on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:40 am

It's a submitted suggestion the site is trying to fix because it's an abuse. You ve barely played nuclear, yet you think you are in a position to give your opinion and lecture on strategies when you don t understand what I m talking about. You re a little savage explaining how to behave in a high society diner.

Regarding the former; i ve already been in a situation where a girl I know who has had a kid pretty young (now aged 12) wasn t stopping an adult conversation while her kid was coming and going around the adult table and that kid dared listening and giving an input. Everybody was wondering what that annoying kid was doing there.. You are that kid.

Ps; you are back to my foe list so I don't even need to read your kiddy posts.
Major betiko

Postby rhp 1 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:07 am

betiko wrote:

sad? at what? it's factually fair... if it's not against the rules, and anyone is able to do it, enlighten as to how it is "unfair"... it doesn't make me sad, it makes me wonder where your logic has ran off to
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby betiko on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:38 am

rhp 1 wrote:
betiko wrote:

sad? at what? it's factually fair... if it's not against the rules, and anyone is able to do it, enlighten as to how it is "unfair"... it doesn't make me sad, it makes me wonder where your logic has ran off to

let's just leave this as subject to interpretation.
From my understanding, conquering a territory in a risk based game grants you a spoil once you end your turn. When CC was created, nuke spoils didn't exist, and lack probably didn't think of the interest in certain cases to attack and not take your spoil for defensive reasons. Not having enough time to finish a turn for real reasons wasn't really an issue either as speed games didn't exist (let's also remember that until recently speeders could only have 5 minute turns, so it was pretty impossible to run out of time if not done on purpose).
The way the system of turns was created has remained the same, while new game modes and options have apeared. From my interpretation, and I think many people share the same idea, lack never intended to create this "miss your spoil running out of time" alternative.
From my understanding, nuke games are much more fun if you have this risk management strategy. Attack to break an opponent and end up with no safe spot for your stack, or continue stacking. On the other side of the prism: you guess your oponent has a double pair and can't move so you take a bonus to outdeploy him.
This whole strategy can't be applied if people start missing their spoil on purpose. What is annoying, is that some people using this strategy act as if it was something smart and we're all a bunch of idiots who didn't think of it. the fact is that they are making the nuke game less entertaining removing a big X factor most people are looking for from what I know.
Major betiko

Postby rhp 1 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:00 pm

betiko wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
betiko wrote:

From my understanding, conquering a territory in a risk based game grants you a spoil once you end your turn. When CC was created, nuke spoils didn't exist, and lack probably didn't think of the interest in certain cases to attack and not take your spoil for defensive reasons. Not having enough time to finish a turn for real reasons wasn't really an issue either as speed games didn't exist (let's also remember that until recently speeders could only have 5 minute turns, so it was pretty impossible to run out of time if not done on purpose).
The way the system of turns was created has remained the same, while new game modes and options have apeared. From my interpretation, and I think many people share the same idea, lack never intended to create this "miss your spoil running out of time" alternative.
From my understanding, nuke games are much more fun if you have this risk management strategy. Attack to break an opponent and end up with no safe spot for your stack, or continue stacking. On the other side of the prism: you guess your oponent has a double pair and can't move so you take a bonus to outdeploy him.
This whole strategy can't be applied if people start missing their spoil on purpose. What is annoying, is that some people using this strategy act as if it was something smart and we're all a bunch of idiots who didn't think of it. the fact is that they are making the nuke game less entertaining removing a big X factor most people are looking for from what I know.

I don't dispute anything you said here

other than "fair" in this particular case being something to interpret.. you might not like it, I personally don't care, but it's certainly fair...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby Gweeedo on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:40 pm

edit

Postby Gweeedo on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:56 pm

betiko wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
betiko wrote:

(1) probably didn't think of the interest in certain cases...their all a bunch of idiots who didn't think of it.
(2) using this strategy act as if it was something smart...Sounds smart to me.

I agree, it is not a good rule...never liked it.
One of the many reasons I do not engage in Nuke or (less than 2 min) speed games.
Am I going to use it, maybe. Sometimes it is forced on me (lag, disconnections).
If I play with nukes, I will take advantage of this rule. I understand that it pisses people off when this strategy is used.
I do not play nuke If I know it will piss people off.
If another player wishes to voluntarily skip his turn, what do I care.

Is it fair? Of course it is, being that it is not against the rules.

Keep on track! read the headline at the top of this thread.
This is not real life (life can be unfair).
This is a game and if it is allowed in accordance with the rules...it is considered to be fair.

You should try to be a bit more systematic opposed to a distortion of a statistic.
Why lambaste or get mad at those who are trying to obtain a result of sampling procedure.

Maybe you should go sit at the kiddie table...try to learn something.

Postby AslanTheKing on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:24 pm

i can answer this very unemotional
it is not acceptable,
since there is no rule against it yet
you are forced to accept it
do you need a vote to get rid of this loophole
here is my vote
get rid of this loophole and the other unknown loopholes,
but send me a pm after , so i know i cant use it anymore
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:34 pm

[quote="betiko"]It's a submitted suggestion the site is trying to fix because it's an abuse. You ve barely played nuclear, yet you think you are in a position to give your opinion and lecture on strategies when you don t understand what I m talking about. You re a little savage explaining how to behave in a high society diner.

Regarding the former; i ve already been in a situation where a girl I know who has had a kid pretty young (now aged 12) wasn t stopping an adult conversation while her kid was coming and going around the adult table and that kid dared listening and giving an input. Everybody was wondering what that annoying kid was doing there.. You are that kid.

Ps; you are back to my foe list so I don't even need to read your kiddy posts.[/quote

abuse? your use of hyperbole is eye-opening bro.. "abuse" is a ridiculous statement...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby Adolfo18 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:08 am

I haven't read all the posts, but to prevent this from happening, can the game be modified to where if you do do this and don't finish your turn to not card...Conquer Club automatically gives you the card...as if the player finished his turn.

Adolfo 18
Captain Adolfo18

Postby Gweeedo on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:17 am

Adolfo18 wrote:I haven't read all the posts, but to prevent this from happening, can the game be modified to where if you do do this and don't finish your turn to not card...Conquer Club automatically gives you the card...as if the player finished his turn.

Adolfo 18

I don't think some of you are thinking this through.

Just eliminate the end turn button altogether...for that matter why bother with a begin turn button!
Kill two birds with one stone.

Too many players deadbeating as it is. How many times have you been distracted (phone, Door, wife etc.)while playing this game?
Providing a bonus for ending/beginning your turn is a good feature.

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion