Conquer Club

Calculating Expected Worth

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Calculating Expected Worth

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Let's say it's a 20 round limit no spoils game on Feudal Epic (I don't really like the other Feudal map). This is a really simple example, and helps me illustrate a concept.

First, assume the game will go to round limit. How many spaces do you want to attack?

So, calculate how many rounds of deploy you will get for a bonus. On round 1, its 19. Then calculate expected lost troops.
show

A bonus of 1 requires killing 4 troops spread over 2 territories. So, it takes 5 troops. It is only worth it in the first 15 rounds. There is no excuse to not take your entire 1-6 of the kingdom.

The map is symmetrical in that everyone has the same 10-1-1-1-5 to get through for the village bonus. That would lose an estimated 18.5 troops. It only takes 7 rounds of village bonus to win that back.

The real question is: if everyone goes for village bonus, how do you deal with it?

I would say that if the first person to arrive at the village takes it for 8-10 rounds and then pulls out to let the other guy get the bonus for a bit, that would be the optimal strategy. What does game theory say about the likelihood of this?

Do you use expected worth calculations in your day-to-day games?

In non-round limit games, its pretty simple except you can only calculate relative worth, not absolute.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Re: Calculating Expected Worth

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:13 pm

In case you are wondering, the next statistical analysis I am going to do will be establishing a benchmark for how secure a territory or bonus is.

E.g. You have a bonus with 1 stack that has one bordering territory (e.g. Australia).
Your opponent has a bonus with 1 stack that has 2 bordering territories. That is a less defensible position. Natty dread says it isn't. I am going to prove it (or disprove it) using a unique path analysis.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby rhp 1 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:24 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:In case you are wondering, the next statistical analysis I am going to do will be establishing a benchmark for how secure a territory or bonus is.

E.g. You have a bonus with 1 stack that has one bordering territory (e.g. Australia).
Your opponent has a bonus with 1 stack that has 2 bordering territories. That is a less defensible position. Natty dread says it isn't. I am going to prove it (or disprove it) using a unique path analysis.

you need a better hobby...

obviously your "statistical analysis" is not working for you
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby KraphtOne on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:38 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Let's say it's a 20 round limit no spoils game on Feudal Epic (I don't really like the other Feudal map). This is a really simple example, and helps me illustrate a concept.

First, assume the game will go to round limit. How many spaces do you want to attack?

Do you use expected worth calculations in your day-to-day games?

1. As many fucking spaces as you can as quickly as you can, the faster i get to that +3 bonus the better...

2. Yes i use expected worth calculation, but this is what we Laymen refer to as the "no-shit" principle
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Postby #1_stunna on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:01 pm

12:17:31 ‹Pixar› im gonna be fappin to that all night long
10:59:12 ‹rhp 1› holy hell... that did it.. I pissed myself
15:15:52 ‹Ace Rimmer› Sackett58, I think I may get some action this weekend
15:16:05 ‹Sackett58› Right hand or left Ace?
Major #1_stunna

Return to Conquer Club Discussion