Conquer Club

Food for thought

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Food for thought

Postby Metalon on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:41 am

Hey guys.

I've been a fan of risk for a long time, but i just recently discovered this site. I've been playing here for about a week now, and im enjoying my stay very well so far. Most of the games, and most of the players i've met so far has been really nice. However, i recived my first rating today, and it was from my very first game. When i found this site i also got a friend of mine to sign up so we could play togheter. And of course i checked the rules to make sure we wouldnt break any in our first games. But a certain Muleyak wasn't fully convinced, and wrongfully accused us of helping each other out with secret diplomacy (something that is very clear that we didnt do, please review the games if there is any doubt). And he did accordingly give us both the worst possible rating.

Now, of course i realise that im going to recive alot of bad rating over time on this site. But the thing that baffles me, that i really want to comment is the fact that this player is a veteran on this site, and got an overall great rating. So im really confused as to why he would jump to a qucik conclusion of belving we cheated. I dont know if he actually believed his own accusations, or if he's just a sore looser. Regardless, It's a really bad way to welcome new players to this community, and it's a bad approch for making the community bigger.

I tried posting this on his wall, but It didn't work. I suppose that's because he added me as a foe? Either way, this just grinded my gears, and i wanted to share it. And thanks to all the other players who has been a good sport, and given a warm welcome.
Lieutenant Metalon

Re: Food for thought

Postby Swifte on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:00 am

Frankly, I looked through the game log, you both hit him for the first 5 rounds till he was completely out of it. Game 14103005
KMillia cashes a set and doesn't even bother to break you in Oceania or Africa... goes all out at red? Very fishy stuff there. I don't blame him for being suspicious and feeling ganged up on.
Colonel Swifte

Postby loutil on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:12 am

Swifte makes a good point. When KMillia cashes his set he has 10 to deploy. At that time you are holding both Oceana and Africa while Muleyak holds nothing. Attacking Muleyak and not bothering to try and break your bonus leaves the impression you were working together.
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby universalchiro on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:24 am

I read your games with KMilla and Muleyak. It most definitely looks like cheating. One red flag is that KMilla takes his turns 30 seconds to a minute after you in 24hr game. The other is when you hold North America and KMilla cashes set and drops on Yakutsk kmilla takes Magadan and instead of taking Alaska to break you of +5, he reverses course and takes Novo.

There are ample examples of secret alliance and also looks like a multiple account for you. you should be thankful you're not in C&A forum discussing this. Its a red flag when when friends play standard games.

WELCOME TO CONQUER CLUB!
Last edited by universalchiro on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:26 am

Yeah... this is why I don't play standards with friends in public games. Even if you're not intentionally colluding, you can easily slip into colluding. "Why attack people you really like?" is a thought that'll remain in those games.

Either be more fair to the public on such standard games, or play as a team.

Oh, and it looks like it's too late, but have fun in the Cheating and Abuse thread! Welcome to CC indeed...
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Metalon on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:39 am

Well that escalated quickly. Do you guys really think that a cheater would make a thread trying to improve a community?
Lieutenant Metalon

Postby universalchiro on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:18 am

There is an advantage of stating your case first and being the only voice, yet even though you came with the advantage of starting the topic, the seasoned players above (of whom I'm least seasoned) all saw red flags. You heard objective players that don't have a dog in this fight say you appear in violation of secret diplomacy or Multiple account.

Best to let this thread die off. The more you expose yourself to scrutiny, the more players will see what you did and the increase likelihood you'll find yourself in Cheating & Abuse forum. Just be thankful that Muleyak only foed you and kMilla, move on & stick to team games with your real life friends.

This is why I avoid Standard games, friends being friendly in non-team games.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:20 am

Metalon wrote:Well that escalated quickly. Do you guys really think that a cheater would make a thread trying to improve a community?

Honestly, it doesn't matter what we believe about your intentions. It depends on how a few in the C&A thread interpret y'all's moves and outcomes. Intentions don't really matter.

Welcome to CC?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby loutil on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:05 pm

Metalon wrote:Well that escalated quickly. Do you guys really think that a cheater would make a thread trying to improve a community?

You may be asking the wrong question...
You brought this discussion here and opened it up to scrutiny. It may be as simple as BBS suggested: you chose not to attack your friend. That does not make you a cheater but you could see why others would find fault in it. Then again...it could be exactly as it appears and you did collude with your friend. I am not judging but since you brought it here I gave my opinion :)...
Let me respond to your question with a question:
If a cheater makes a thread professing his innocence does that make him innocent? If an honest player gets accused of cheating and says nothing is he guilty?
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Re: Cheating for Breakfast

Postby owenshooter on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:30 pm

noooooo... we all can see you are far too clever to ever attempt something like that... only murderers and inside traders do that sort of thing... :roll: :roll: :roll:
the black jesus is amused...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Metalon on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:06 pm

This is ludicrous. I did not start this thread to try to convince you of my innocence. You may belive whatever you like, and please feel free to forward your suspicions to this C&A sub. On the upside, thanks for welcoming me as a new member, i guess.
Last edited by Metalon on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Metalon

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Metalon wrote:This is ludicrous. I did not start this thread to try to convince you of my innocence. You may belive whatever you like, and please feel free to forward your suspicions to this C&A sub. On the upside, thanks for welcoming me as i new member, i guess.

Why did you start this thread?

Do you agree that it looks like collusion?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby owenshooter on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Metalon wrote:This is ludicrous. I did not start this thread to try to convince you of my innocence. You may belive whatever you like, and please feel free to forward your suspicions to this C&A sub. On the upside, thanks for welcoming me as a new member, i guess.

what suspicion? you are the one in here raising suspicions about yourself... i could care less how you cheat or how often you cheat... i play primarily team games to negate cheaters such as yourself... have a blessed day.. the black jesus has spoken...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Metalon on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:22 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Metalon wrote:This is ludicrous. I did not start this thread to try to convince you of my innocence. You may belive whatever you like, and please feel free to forward your suspicions to this C&A sub. On the upside, thanks for welcoming me as i new member, i guess.

Why did you start this thread?

Do you agree that it looks like collusion?

From my first post:

Regardless, It's a really bad way to welcome new players to this community, and it's a bad approch for making the community bigger.

Make what you will of it. And please feel free to comment my thoughts, or the games in question. I however, am not going to post anything else in this thread. The majority clearly sees this thread as an attempt at something i did not intend. Have a good day.
Lieutenant Metalon

Postby Gweeedo on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Muleyak
Quote: Green, Blue If you all are going to play teams or have multiple accts. You need to be more discreet about it.
You all have 4 games going and all are together. I do know you've already had multiple request sent to admins, concerning cheating.
All this will get you is blocked by everyone that you play and eventually, won't have any games that will allow you to enter.
Just some free advice...end quote.

You think this is a sign of a sore loser!...You haven't seen nothing yet!!!

Metalon
quote: When i found this site i also got a friend of mine to sign up so we could play together.

In the true spirit of Risk; DO not play ''together'' with your friends.
CC has provided team games; If you wish to play ''together'' with your friends, join a team game.

You might want to play a few games (1vs1) 'against' your friend (you have not) before you join anymore multipleyer games together.
Experience the Joy of crushing your friends...as is the true spirit of Risk.

It is clear, Muleyak was simply trying to help you out...do you understand.
It was in no way 'his' quick conclusion...not the sound of a whiner.

Welcome to the Club.
Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:02 pm

That is very twisted what you re doing metalon.

Maybe you didn t plan anything, but your friend obviously played with the only intention to make you win. If you d been in the other guy s shoes you would also be pissed at this obvious cheating.
The worse thing is that you dare write this post.
Major betiko

Re: Food for cheaters

Postby owenshooter on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:55 pm

betiko wrote:The worse thing is that you dare write this post.

no, don't you see how this post exonerates him?! i mean, why would a guilty person come to the GD and post about a situation if they were indeed guilty?! come on, who would be that naive?!! the black jesus is still amused...-el Jesus negro
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby JBlombier on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Doesn't this site make you feel all warm and fuzzy? Welcome!
Major JBlombier

Re: Food for cheaters

Postby owenshooter on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:24 pm

JBlombier wrote:Doesn't this site make you feel all warm and fuzzy? Welcome!

yes, welcome to CC!!! as one of the founders of the elite clan, de Veroveraars Der Lage Landen, i'd like to extend an invitation to you to join our clan... i am eagerly awaiting your reply@!! the black jesus has spoken...-el Jesus negro
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby JBlombier on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:32 pm

Not gonna leave my elite clan, Owen. Especially since I didn't found it. I'm continuing the work of our founding father MarVal. Thanks for the invitation, though. I'm glad the irony wasn't lost on me this time.
Major JBlombier

Postby owenshooter on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:16 pm

JBlombier wrote:Not gonna leave my elite clan, Owen. Especially since I didn't found it. I'm continuing the work of our founding father MarVal. Thanks for the invitation, though. I'm glad the irony wasn't lost on me this time.

psst... think you need to read that post again... *snicker*... the black jesus has spoken...-el Jesus negro
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby JBlombier on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:20 am

So what have we learned today? I shouldn't be on the forums when I've been drinking.
Major JBlombier

Return to Conquer Club Discussion