Conquer Club

Moderator Accountability: A theoretical Question

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Moderator Accountability: A theoretical Question

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Army of GOD wrote:What happened to tgd?

He's a full pro bono lawyer now, and doesn't have time for CC.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: Moderator Accountability - theoretically possible?

Postby BoganGod on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:08 pm

owenshooter wrote:
BoganGod wrote:Would it be possible to get a moderator code of conduct published. Including little things like
- owning your actions, lock a thread own the lock
- explaining(including referring back to the rules and moderator guidelines) your lock, post delete or other interfering.
- Clear acknowledgement that the rules also apply to mods/admin
- A clear disciplinary list for mods, including mods being stepped down for set periods of time or permanently for infractions. No more of this business as usual with cheaters, and having cheater's punitive actions against other players stand.

Don't think any of the above are inflammatory or even difficult to implement. Why has this not been done in the past?

i still think this is a good idea and i don't know why it isn't posted in the teams section, so people can know what to expect from their mods or what to expect if they pursue becoming a mod. i for one am no longer shocked when i see a mod openly abusing their power within the forums, it has become pretty common. the instances of them using their position to gain points, etc, just seem "meh" now, in context with all the shit mods have done on this site in the past... i was just openly flamed in the forums by a team member, filed a formal complaint and am yet to hear back... i am pretty sure that if i called someone a "venereal disease" in the forums, i would be on that same ol' owen ban that they used to hand out like conquer stars (before there were conquer stars). i think Bogan has a great idea and team CC should consider doing this...-Jésus noir

p.s.-team cc, keeping it classy:
DoomYoshi wrote: GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you. It's here because that's where it belongs.

Dear Owen, if you read back through the thread. There is a list of mod responsibilities, duties, limits etc. The list and guidelines are not available to the the ruled, only to the rulers. We can't handle the truth..... Maybe doom thinks could be like penicillin and cure your sexual health issues. He would hate to inadvertently help another user.
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Re: Moderator Accountability - theoretically possible?

Postby owenshooter on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:23 pm

BoganGod wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
BoganGod wrote:Would it be possible to get a moderator code of conduct published. Including little things like
- owning your actions, lock a thread own the lock
- explaining(including referring back to the rules and moderator guidelines) your lock, post delete or other interfering.
- Clear acknowledgement that the rules also apply to mods/admin
- A clear disciplinary list for mods, including mods being stepped down for set periods of time or permanently for infractions. No more of this business as usual with cheaters, and having cheater's punitive actions against other players stand.

Don't think any of the above are inflammatory or even difficult to implement. Why has this not been done in the past?

i still think this is a good idea and i don't know why it isn't posted in the teams section, so people can know what to expect from their mods or what to expect if they pursue becoming a mod. i for one am no longer shocked when i see a mod openly abusing their power within the forums, it has become pretty common. the instances of them using their position to gain points, etc, just seem "meh" now, in context with all the shit mods have done on this site in the past... i was just openly flamed in the forums by a team member, filed a formal complaint and am yet to hear back... i am pretty sure that if i called someone a "venereal disease" in the forums, i would be on that same ol' owen ban that they used to hand out like conquer stars (before there were conquer stars). i think Bogan has a great idea and team CC should consider doing this...-Jésus noir

p.s.-team cc, keeping it classy:
DoomYoshi wrote: GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you. It's here because that's where it belongs.

Dear Owen, if you read back through the thread. There is a list of mod responsibilities, duties, limits etc. The list and guidelines are not available to the the ruled, only to the rulers. We can't handle the truth..... Maybe doom thinks could be like penicillin and cure your sexual health issues. He would hate to inadvertently help another user.

i know there is a list... i think it is a good idea to have it PUBLISHED...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BoganGod on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Publish? Publish you say?????
Hell no, and admit they have been wilfully breaching their own rules all this time. That is as likely as politicians getting their snouts out of the trough and voting for pay cuts for themselves.....
There are some good kids trying hard to mod it up at present. Sadly they will always be tainted with the corruption stench until they own their actions.
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby owenshooter on Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:43 am

i received a ban that i was not given notice of via email... had to ask some people what was going on to find out that, "yes, you are banned," which i already knew... thanks... then, as quickly as i found out, my poking around seemingly got the ban hammer lifted... i don't know, was just odd... then i asked an admin and he gave me a reason, which i trusted... but, i still want to know who pressed the button, i have my suspicions (no wonder the threads in tournaments are boring, zzzzz...), and what their official reason was. and why this person was able to ban me without my having ever been given an official notification via email (which is standard)... where is the mod accountability on this? someone was able to ban me, anonymously, without giving a reason. obviously, their decision was overturned, as big wham released me... so, what is this persons punishment for banning a paying member without any justification? abuse of power, period...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby owenshooter on Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:02 pm

there isn't any... we just had a mod go nuts and spam up multiple threads with the same message and then create a thread with the same post about the same thing... you know, the ol' andy fav,"beating a dead horse." of course, nothing happened to him... then we had a great week in which TeeGee did some good for the mod squad by actually posting 2 threads as announcements instead of stickies in the GD... it was amazing to see how well that worked and how informed we all were of the impending down time... that was followed up with one of our regular sores in GD posting a sticky asking for feedback on the update... you would think he would have learned that an ANNOUNCEMENT would have faired much better than the dead sticky sitting atop the GD, filled with astute observations and acute analysis of the upgrade and all that it means to CC (pros/cons)... 30 days it shall sit there, like an eyesore or a rotting deer corpse on the texas roadside... sigh... i am really contemplating an epic Suggestion thread to help the wayward and lost mods of the current Jr. Mints brigade (yes, i am back to calling them the Jr. Mints, they do not deserve to be called the mod squad... too much fat on that cow...)... sigh... it was such a promising start ruined by the same 2 rogue mods within the GD...-el Jesus negro

maybe we should all have a tea party to discuss the issues at hand...
Lieutenant owenshooter

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion