Conquer Club

Why is the "jef" thing even a meme at this point?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

This Jef thing, is it amusing, or annoying?

Total votes : 0

Re: Why is the "jef" thing even a meme at this point?

Postby jefjef on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:05 am

NoSurvivors wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Great, another illiterate account unable to use the possessive apostrophe.

The Jefs flail lamely again.

Are you talking about "syms an idiot"? That is a conjunction of your username and the word "is". In no way is that possessive.

Sorry, I had to. You were using grammar as a comeback and you had no idea what you were talking about :D

Hey NoS! I hope you typed your comment slowly - type too fast and symm wouldn't be able to keep up. I hear that Symms an idiot.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Symmetry on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:55 am

NoSurvivors wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Great, another illiterate account unable to use the possessive apostrophe.

Are you talking about "syms an idiot"? That is a conjunction of your username and the word "is". In no way is that possessive.

Sorry, I had to. You were using grammar as a comeback and you had no idea what you were talking about :D

I don't understand what you mean, and it doesn't appear to relate to any of the previous posts.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:37 am

Symmetry wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:

I don't understand what you mean, and it doesn't appear to relate to any of the previous posts.

Oh I was just browsing and I came across this post by jefjef:

jefjef wrote:I was going to vote for "symms an idiot" but it seems to have been left off the poll. Guess sym was busy with a pole when he made it.

Now leave my multi accounts out of the lime light please. The mods know they are all me but haven't been able to prove it yet.

Followed by a failed attempt at you fixing his grammar here:

So I had to correct you. That's all ;)
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Symmetry on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:48 am

NoSurvivors wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:

Oh I was just browsing and I came across this post by jefjef:

jefjef wrote:I was going to vote for "symms an idiot" but it seems to have been left off the poll. Guess sym was busy with a pole when he made it.

Now leave my multi accounts out of the lime light please. The mods know they are all me but haven't been able to prove it yet.

Followed by a failed attempt at you fixing his grammar here:

So I had to correct you. That's all ;)

Ah, you made a mistake between "syms" and "symms". That's what confused me. I totally forgive your mistke too. :D
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jefjef on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Symmetry wrote:mistke

What the hell is mistke?

Another fail...
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Symmetry on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:17 pm

jefjef wrote:

What the hell is mistke?

A trap, I like to set them for idits.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:36 am

Symmetry wrote:
jefjef wrote:

What the hell is mistke?

A trap, I like to set them for idits.

What the hell is idits?

Another fail...
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:43 am

NoSurvivors wrote:

You're also wrong, since you can type "it's" if the word is possessive or shortened for "it is". Therefore, it should have been typed "Sym's" as it was shortened from "Sym is".

You're welcome.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Symmetry on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:05 pm

Well, this is fun.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby VioIet on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:13 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
You're also wrong, since you can type "it's" if the word is possessive or shortened for "it is". Therefore, it should have been typed "Sym's" as it was shortened from "Sym is".

You're welcome.

I think I can settle this debate, as I'm in English lab right now and my English professor is sitting right next to me, looking at this post. He states that Sym's does indeed represent Sym is.
However, this is very colloquial, which basically means that it is not proper and is frowned upon. When dealing with proper nouns, you should always type/write out the word, "is," instead of contracting it.

It's is best to only contract proper nouns when you are talking about possession.

I probably did not articulate that in the most eloquent way, but hopefully my point was understood.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby GoranZ on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:21 pm

jefjef wrote:

What the hell is mistke?

Another fail...

Don't count them... You will run out of numbers :D
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
General GoranZ

Postby Symmetry on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:28 pm

GoranZ wrote:
jefjef wrote:

What the hell is mistke?

Another fail...

Don't count them... You will run out of numbers :D

The Jefs seem a little incestuous, so we can assume he counts on his fingers and thus struggles getting past 7.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:39 am

VioIet wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

You're welcome.

I think I can settle this debate, as I'm in English lab right now and my English professor is sitting right next to me, looking at this post. He states that Sym's does indeed represent Sym is.
However, this is very colloquial, which basically means that it is not proper and is frowned upon. When dealing with proper nouns, you should always type/write out the word, "is," instead of contracting it.

It's is best to only contract proper nouns when you are talking about possession.

I probably did not articulate that in the most eloquent way, but hopefully my point was understood.

That is completely correct and you were easy to understand. I only abbreviate "it is" and suchlike if I'm not writing something important; in those situations I never abbreviate.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby macbone on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:27 am

VioIet wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

You're welcome.

Violet, I almost never correct grammar if I'm not paid to do so, but I think you meant "It's best to . . ." there. I just couldn't resist this time. =)
Colonel macbone

Postby VioIet on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:57 pm

macbone wrote:
Violet, I almost never correct grammar if I'm not paid to do so, but I think you meant "It's best to . . ." there. I just couldn't resist this time. =)

Hehe :) No worries macbone. I am probably one of the few people who actually don't mind being corrected. I rather like it, because I'm always trying to learn and improve upon my mistakes. I am a big fan of betterment (I know that betterment isn't actually a word).

In fact, I am studying to be a proofreader, so learning and catching writing/typing mistakes is essential! So thank you, kindly. I know that I still have much to learn.

I will, however, say in my defense, that it is just so very easy to make a typo when typing online :P

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby macbone on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:01 am

Violet, you're a wonderful human being. I still don't know what a nice girl like you is doing in a dump like this. =)
Colonel macbone

Postby VioIet on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:46 am

Thank you so much for the kind words Macbone :)

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby nietzsche on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:22 am

**nietzsche farts**
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Symmetry on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:28 am

nietzsche wrote:**nietzsche farts**

I would never have guessed.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:25 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:

You're welcome.

What are you rambling on about?

I just said "sym is" is "sym's". "It is" is "its". Its is the possessive form, not "it's".
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:51 am

NoSurvivors wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:

You're welcome.

I just said "sym is" is "sym's". "It is" is "its". Its is the possessive form, not "it's".

Shhhhhh.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:47 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:

You're welcome.

Shhhhhh.

The children are sleeping
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Symmetry on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:42 am

Depends on the time zone. Let's get the Jef meme off the table anyway.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby macbone on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:12 am

Its, it's, and its' remain an enigma for many of us. My iPod keeps trying to force me to use it's rather than its.

Also confusing are their, they're, and there.

show
Colonel macbone

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:15 am

Your, you're.

Where, wear, were.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion