Conquer Club

Star Boxes

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Star Boxes

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:10 am

I just realised I have a box of 100 drab stars, listed below all my other stars. Who else has these boxes? Are they all 100? Does anyone have boxes of other colours?

I'm waiting for an opportunity to actually use this many stars for something..

On another note, I still haven't won a single pink star and, given the lack of options in autotournaments at the moment, I can't enter any. Great system right there.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Re: Star Boxes

Postby Butters1919 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:43 am

I have a box of 1-50 auburn stars. I assume at some point I'll get to open it and find out how many are in it. Not that it matters, as you pointed out...
Cook Butters1919

Postby Swifte on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:46 am

I have 1 box of 20 drab stars.

Looks like the available boxes have been added to the inventory information page: http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=instructions7
You can open it by clicking the green arrow thingy in the upper right corner. EDIT: Okay.. I guess that functionality isn't working yet? I can't get mine to open lol.

Based on the list of available boxes - I think yours might be a random box of 1-100 caff?
Colonel Swifte

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:43 am

Yeah it's 1-100, I overlooked that. Although, given that there are 1-50 boxes it would be frustrating if I got less than 50+ but I don't know yet because I can't open it either.

Still waiting for a pink star!
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:29 pm

Are these boxes new from today? How did you get them?

I still don t see where we re going with this star crap.
Major betiko

Postby Gilligan on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:29 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Still waiting for a pink star!

Me too, I've gotten over 400 stars and still no pink. :x
Major Gilligan

Postby hwhrhett on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Gilligan wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Still waiting for a pink star!

Me too, I've gotten over 400 stars and still no pink. :x

i had a pink one, but i think i used it to join a tourney, lol...

i also picked up a box yesterday morning 20 drab stars :-)
Cook hwhrhett

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:59 am

betiko wrote:Are these boxes new from today? How did you get them?

I still don t see where we re going with this star crap.

The reason given for getting my box was winning a game.

I know Dukasaur kept saying there will be more possibilities to use stars but we haven't seen them yet. Autotournaments are dying now because - at least when I last looked - the majority needed a pink star to enter, and the two that didn't we're both on one map.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Swifte on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:49 am

Hadn't tried in a couple days, but I was able to open my box of 20 drab stars this morning.
Colonel Swifte

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:02 am

I've got a pink star, and I've no need for it, so I'll trade you $5 for it. Oh wait...
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:09 am

Swifte wrote:Hadn't tried in a couple days, but I was able to open my box of 20 drab stars this morning.

I just opened mine and got 100. I now have approximately 450 stars that are pretty much useless.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:42 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Swifte wrote:Hadn't tried in a couple days, but I was able to open my box of 20 drab stars this morning.

I just opened mine and got 100. I now have approximately 450 stars that are pretty much useless.

It's still in early stages, while the rollout may have been able to be done better, keep in mind part of owning something new is a bit of a learning curve. There are stages and end goals etc that have yet to be realized.

Things will continue to develop but everything takes time.

People complained that they didn't have enough stars to enter auto tournaments when it was first rolled out, and now complaining that they have too many stars with no uses :)

Bottom line is no matter what is done, someone will always complain ;)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:00 pm

I'd still like to convert my stars to saxbucks, since I am unsure of the currency protections offered by conquer stars.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:39 pm

IcePack wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

It's still in early stages, while the rollout may have been able to be done better, keep in mind part of owning something new is a bit of a learning curve. There are stages and end goals etc that have yet to be realized.

People complained that they didn't have enough stars to enter auto tournaments when it was first rolled out, and now complaining that they have too many stars with no uses :)

I think they're still complaining about not having enough stars to enter tournaments since they now need pink stars and there are just not many of those around. They seem to be saying that they have a ton of stars but nothing that can be purchased and the only thing able to be purchased they don't have the means to purchase.

Granted that it is not possible to please everyone it would make sense to have a mix of tournaments that can be entered with the lower level stars... at least until other uses for those stars become available.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Butters1919 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:31 pm

trinicardinal wrote:I think they're still complaining about not having enough stars to enter tournaments since they now need pink stars and there are just not many of those around. They seem to be saying that they have a ton of stars but nothing that can be purchased and the only thing able to be purchased they don't have the means to purchase.

Granted that it is not possible to please everyone it would make sense to have a mix of tournaments that can be entered with the lower level stars... at least until other uses for those stars become available.

That's my complaint! Love the auto-tourneys, don't mind the entrance "fee", but wish they were more reflective of the stars available. As of right now, there are 4 auto-tourney's up. I can't join 3 because of the lack of a pink star and the one I can buy into has a score restriction.

Regardless, I'm unsure what my 43 Auburn stars will ever amount to!
Cook Butters1919

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 pm

Butters1919 wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:I think they're still complaining about not having enough stars to enter tournaments since they now need pink stars and there are just not many of those around. They seem to be saying that they have a ton of stars but nothing that can be purchased and the only thing able to be purchased they don't have the means to purchase.

That's my complaint! Love the auto-tourneys, don't mind the entrance "fee", but wish they were more reflective of the stars available. As of right now, there are 4 auto-tourney's up. I can't join 3 because of the lack of a pink star and the one I can buy into has a score restriction.

Regardless, I'm unsure what my 43 Auburn stars will ever amount to!

+1

Over 160 Drab Stars.. Lol.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:19 pm

trinicardinal wrote:
IcePack wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

I think they're still complaining about not having enough stars to enter tournaments since they now need pink stars and there are just not many of those around. They seem to be saying that they have a ton of stars but nothing that can be purchased and the only thing able to be purchased they don't have the means to purchase.

Understood. I have a pink star I'll sell :p
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Conquer Club Discussion