Conquer Club

Jig's Fantasy Draft Event (Looking for GMs)

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Jig's Draft Event (Prizes Available)

Postby mcshanester29 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:57 pm

I would be interested as well so I am in!!
Private mcshanester29

Re: Jig's Draft Event (Prizes Available)

Postby jigger1986 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:13 pm

mcshanester29 wrote:I would be interested as well so I am in!!

Great!

Love the support so far, even before its published in the CC Dispatch..
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Re: Jig's Draft Event (Prizes Available) (Taking sign-ups)

Postby sempaispellcheck on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:06 pm

Question - can I be a GM and a player?
If so, am I allowed to draft myself, if I want to?

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Re: Jig's Pie in the Sky Event (Prizes Available)

Postby owenshooter on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:52 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:Question - can I be a GM and a player?

sempai

see, that is one aspect of this i don't think anyone has really thought of... it is almost like you have to keep the players on the team a secret, to avoid anything "fishy" going on... i'm on a team playing against another team that my friend is the GM of... why wouldn't i throw a game to help out my friend? so much can go wrong with this thing... it isn't like you are drafting multi-millionaire athletes that have no idea who you are or what team they are on and could care less... you are drafting people that are in clans with other members, that have relationships, in many cases some of us are real life friends... i really think you should look into the team members being under lock and key... but then the accusations begin of fixed games, because people can't check the stats themselves... so much still needs to be worked out... but hey, it's a sticky!!! the black jesus has thrown another wrench in the already wrenched up concept...-el Jesus negro

p.s.-can't wait for this next *mod edit* response... *snicker*...
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jigger1986 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:40 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:Question - can I be a GM and a player?

sempai

Smepai,

Yes a GM can be a player, but they cannot draft themselves
==============================================================

Owen,

the black jesus has thrown another wrench in the already wrenched up concept

Thanks for another "wrench" BJ, although I dont really know what the other "wrenches" are as I have addressed all questions asked with reasonable and agreeable responses.

it is almost like you have to keep the players on the team a secret, to avoid anything "fishy" going on... i'm on a team playing against another team that my friend is the GM of... why wouldn't i throw a game to help out my friend?

I would hope that you (or anyone else) would not throw a clan war game to help out a contestant in this event that you may not even know is playing. The rosters will be listed in the Dispatch so people will know (if they care to) if they are on a team. With that being said, aside from intentionally throwing games being against the rules of the site, I just cant see anyone throwing a clan war,clan league, Conquerors Cup game etc for this event.

in many cases some of us are real life friends...

I highly doubt you have "real-life" friends if you spend so much time punching holes in my attempt to create a fun event for CC

p.s.-can't wait for this next *mod edit* response... *snicker*...

I apologize about that, I let my emotions get the best of me before thinking. It just blows me away that someone would continue to visit a thread they deem a waste of time.... I assure you it wont happen again. However I will ask that if you are not interested in the event, only interested in throwing wrenches that you find a more polite and productive way of doing so, or find something else to crap on. Many thanks!
==============================================

If anyone else finds the "issues" that BJ brings up to be serious matters please let me know here or via PM.

This event will (hopefully) be published in the newsletter soon. I brought this to the community to spark a discussion regarding the feasibility of the event. I think with the support so far Ive proven that it is indeed a good enough idea to continue with, soon this will be gone from your precious GD Owen.
Last edited by jigger1986 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:03 am

yeah, i think that games can be thrown for any amount of reasons. not just jigs draft event. i guess if a game seems like it was thrown, then a C&A report could be opened.

problem solved. ( wrench taken out )
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby Donelladan on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:28 am

By Day X+15 players A,B and C have finish 1 game each, player D finishes 4 games and player E finishes 0
No penalty is given to player E (unless no games are stared before Day X+30)
Only 1 of players D's games will be counted per "game," each of his/her other games will carry over to the next "game"

I am not sure I understood everything correctly.
If players D finishes 4 clans games in one month, 2 wins 2 loses for examples. How does it work for the GM? Lose or win?
You said each of his/her other game will carry over to the next "game" (= turn of your event).

But since the draft can change, fi you know player D has 3 loss coming, as a GM I'll just kick him out.
I mean, I don't think win or loss of a player should be carried over to the next turn because it allows GMs to know already what will happens.

Also, we have 5 players, and we need 2 win over 3 to "win" a turn in your event. What if all the 5 players played a game, and I got 3 wins and 2 loses? Or any other combinations
Last edited by Donelladan on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby jigger1986 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:00 am

Donelladan,

Thanks for the great questions, two issues I never would have thought of....

If players D finishes 4 clans games in one month, 2 wins 2 loses for examples. How does it work for the GM? Lose or win?
You said each of his/her other game will carry over to the next "game" (= turn of your even).

Since a "player" can only contribute to 1/3 of a win in the regular season the way this would look for a GM would be (1/3,1/3,1/3,1/3)
Meaning that the GM has 1/3 of a win in 4 games. The games will be "filled" using the earliest possible chronological combinations, but only allowing 1 players win/loss per game.

I hope that makes sense....

But since the draft can change, fi you know player D has 3 loss coming, as a GM I'll just kick him out.
I mean, I don't think win or loss of a player should be carried over to the next turn because it allows GMs to know already what will happens.

A rule will be added where a GM can only drop/add only 2 players per month at a specific time.

Also, we have 5 players, and we need 2 win over 3 to "win" a turn in your even. What if all the 5 players played a game, and I got 3 wins and 2 loses? Or any other combinations

This is very unlikely as all five players must be from different clans (could still happen thought)
In the event of an issue like this a majority win will be considered. (ex. 3/5)

Thanks again Donelladan. Posts like this help move this event along.

-jig

Postby owenshooter on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:37 am

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:yeah, i think that games can be thrown for any amount of reasons. not just jigs draft event. i guess if a game seems like it was thrown, then a C&A report could be opened.

problem solved. ( wrench taken out )

how would you ever prove that someone threw a game on CC? please explain this to me... what an absurd thought process this must have been... the black jesus is amused...-el Jesus negro

p.s.-i love you piggy!!!! just having fun following the thread!!!
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Donelladan on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:45 am

@owenshooter, I don't know any player that would throw a clan game. As a clan player yourself would you throw a clan game for this kind of event?
Because winning a clan war is more important to me than any GM winning this even I would never throw a clan game. And above all I would never consider throwing a clan game simply for the respect I have for my teammate and my clan. And I think this is the same for the majority of the clan players around here. Your suggestion is too unrealistic to be consider imo.

Back to the rules of the event.

How frequent you plan the game to be?
I am for example in 3 wars right now, I already have couples of games finished, and I have some more coming, maybe I am the kind of players you would called "super active" as in your first post.
But I think a lot of clans players take 5 to 10 games per clan wars, some even more.

Since a "player" can only contribute to 1/3 of a win in the regular season the way this would look for a GM would be (1/3,1/3,1/3,1/3)

So if there is let's say "1 regular season" per 15 days, it seems to me some player could won so many games in that amount of times.
Also, for a game to count, it has to be started and finished withing the "season", or only finished during the season ?

Basically I don't really understand the whole idea, because I do not know what is a "draft event", never heard this term before, so maybe I am confused by stuff that are obvious.

But, if I'd like to summarize this idea, GMs choose players, then if the players they choose win CC clan games, then GMs won.
After several rounds you compare score of your GMs and got a winner.
So it is like betting on boxing match?

Finally, one case that will rarely happen and may not even happens but I still want to ask :D :
Only the first three players to finish their games will be "scored" (to keep the pace up)

What if the 2 players I chose are in 2 different team within the same game.
Let's say, I have player A, B, C, D, E.
Player A and B finished one game each first, so they will be scored. A win so I have 1/1, and B lose so I have 1/2.
If next player get a win I'll be 2/3, if next player lose I'll be 1/3. ( Allright??)

Then player C and D were playing the same game in 2 different teams, this game finished, so, simultaneously I got a win and a loss and I am 2/4 ? Wait for next game?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby jigger1986 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:00 pm

Donelladanm

Again I appreciate your interest, I will try to answer your questions as best I can...

Yes you would be considered a very active player on CC. The regular season will last a certain number of "games." (I havent decided the exact number yet) But when I say "game" I dont mean just a clan game. Within the confines of this event the "game" is just more of an idea and way of keeping score. I will try to explain....

You are a GM and you have drafted 5 players. A,B,C.D and E. Each of your 5 players in playing in his or her regular clan games. They are all in different clans. The regular season will last (in this example) for 5 "games."

Your first three players to finish a clan regulated game will be scored. 2/3 of then won their games, so in turn you also won.
The next three players to finish a clan regulated game will be scored again. 1/3 of them won their games, so for this game you lose.
The only catch is that a player can only contribute to 1/3 per "game"
So if player A finishing 5 games in the time it takes player C to finish 1, player A's record will be carried out over the 5 games, where as player C's result in that 1 game may be counted towards "game" 1-5 (depending on the activity of your other 3 players)

The concept is simple, but tricky to explain, I really hope that helps. Once the information is published in the dispatch I plan on doing a "mock game" scenario with 2-3 GMs. That may also be of help to you.

But, if I'd like to summarize this idea, GMs choose players, then if the players they choose win CC clan games, then GMs won.
After several rounds you compare score of your GMs and got a winner.

Thats the basic idea. You choose players, if the majority of them win, so do you. If the majority of them lose, you lose as well.
During the "regular season" you drop and add players as you choose to make the best possible team (within the salary cap)

Finally this very rare scenario...
What if the 2 players I chose are in 2 different team within the same game.
Let's say, I have player A, B, C, D, E.
Player A and B finished one game each first, so they will be scored. A win so I have 1/1, and B lose so I have 1/2.
If next player get a win I'll be 2/3, if next player lose I'll be 1/3. ( Allright??)

Then player C and D were playing the same game in 2 different teams, this game finished, so, simultaneously I got a win and a loss and I am 2/4 ? Wait for next game?

The short answer is yes, in the rare case that either 4 players are in the same game, or 2 and 2 (as in the scenario above) that the result would be based upon the outcome of player 5's game

So have I convinced you to play yet?

-------------------------------------------------

Also Ive added some more information of how GMs will make changes to their rosters (listed in "The Basics")

Postby Donelladan on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:47 am

Thanks, you fully answered my questions and I understand much better. I am still a bit concerned with the fact that victory and defeat of a player carry over to next game because of possibility to drop player because of that.

Do you expect GM's to give you results of theirs players or you will do it yourself ?

I am interested but slightly afraid to the lenght of such an event and the implication required to do it.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby jigger1986 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:50 am

I am still a bit concerned with the fact that victory and defeat of a player carry over to next game because of possibility to drop player because of that.

Yes there is a bit of a concern there for me as well, however with the rule that GMs can only make 1 non-mandatory player move per edition of the Dispatch (so basically once every 2 weeks)

Do you expect GM's to give you results of theirs players or you will do it yourself ?

No I do all that, the GMs just set and update their rosters.

Postby jigger1986 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Does nobody else have anything to add to this?

Re: Jig's Draft Event (Prizes Announced!!) (Taking sign-ups)

Postby jigger1986 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:07 pm

The prizes have (finally) been announced and CC has been very generous.
Sorry about the delay, I will be moving the running of this event to the newsletter soon. (likely Issue 116)

Postby IcePack on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:21 pm

Where are the prizes announced?
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jigger1986 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:26 pm

IcePack wrote:Where are the prizes announced?

In the original post near the bottom under "Prizes"

Postby Donelladan on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:38 pm

Count me in
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby loutil on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:19 pm

I am interested. Let me know when you get to sign up point.
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby jigger1986 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:50 pm

loutil wrote:I am interested. Let me know when you get to sign up point.

We are currently taking sign-ups, your name has been added to the list.

Thanks

Re: Jig's Fantasy Draft Event (Prizes Announced!!)

Postby TheJonah on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Sounds like a good idea. Going to be hard work at first but once you`re in the flow of the game i think it will be pretty straightforward being a gm. One of those situations where you can put the time in and be rewarded or just `wing it` and still get a result. I hope it goes well for all those involved.

One thing i will say is you may wish to consider taking on a co-host to run this/shadow you, as there is going to be a good deal of work and you`re expecting it to run for a long time. So all aspects of you being away for periods of time will be covered. It would also give a little comfort to those thinking of signing up i feel.
Colonel TheJonah

Postby GioDuce on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:18 am

Awesome event, sign me up please
Cook GioDuce

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:50 am

Sounds like fun. In, please.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby slickstick on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:57 am

in pls.
Sergeant 1st Class slickstick

Postby jigger1986 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:03 pm

Alright, we already have 8 GMs (9 if you count me, assuming nobody protests)
Thanks for the sign-ups, nice to see so many even before the event goes live in the dispatch, may be able to get to 32

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion