Conquer Club

Lag Survey

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Which is laggy?

Total votes : 0

Lag Survey

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:40 am

I'm genuinely concerned about the lag problem, so it helps to find out what exactly is laggy.

What's laggy for you?

Are you certain that it's the website and not your computer, browser, or internet connection?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Re: Lag Survey

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:22 am

I don't spend a whole of time in games, since I only ever a have a few going, so I can't say for sure that I experience lag there. But I've encountered lag in the forums over the last while more than I remember ever in the years prior.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby rhp 1 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:01 pm

lately not much is laggy.. I know it's not my connection or comp... lag was bad for a couple months and not bad for me as of a month or so ago.. and the forums are generally the only thing laggy at this point for me.. but nothing bad...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby loutil on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:28 pm

most panel functions have become laggy. Clicking things like dice stats now takes 10 - 15 seconds to load. In game lag is minimal. No more or less than I have experienced over the years.
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby macbone on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:16 pm

Other? For me, it's big maps like King's Court II. I think most of the lag's on my end, though.
Colonel macbone

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:46 am

Forum more than games. 24hr games time out semi-frequently. I don't play enough speed games to judge.

It is not my computer or internet.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby BoganGod on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:52 pm

Lag is intermittent at times. Mainly in games, though also in fora. More likely to be worse on firefox than chrome. Is very bad on mobile, 2yr old HTC 1X, and latest Iphone. Sometimes can be my internet connection, using mobile broadband in a semi rural area. However when other websites like youtube, fb, even skype video, etc are screaming along nice and fast, and CC is not. Not cool. Shut all other applications and still CC is slow.
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby EBConquer on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:46 am

Right now, it's taking me about 10-15 seconds to load pretty much anything from games to forums to walls. When i originally voted, it was the forums that were laggy. But tonight, it's everything.

I would have mentioned this in burried 'bugs' forum but it's not getting too much attention although Wham mentioned the DOS attack thing, which i have not idea what that means.

It does seem that they're working on it but of course, how would would i know. The only thing i know is any dice that should be rolled will happen tomorrow. Bummer.

This is not a complaint but a "yeah... it's goin down" type of thing.

Click image to enlarge.
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Donelladan on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:51 am

Sometimes everything is fine. I can play for hours. And sometimes suddenly it is hell to do anything. I usually have less lag in the forum when it start lagging.
I have more than 100 active games and when it starts to lag for my games I simply stop playing until it becomes suitable again.

I am using often 3 different computers and all of them have been lagging times to times so I would be rather surprised the problem is in my computer, but I'd happy if it is the case and if it was quickly fixable.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby VioIet on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:21 pm

I don't have any lag at all on the forums. For me, the lag can mostly occur in LiveChat. About a month back, it was very frustrating for me to play my turns. While I'm used to my moves being instantaneous, sometimes it can take up to 15 seconds for the game to respond. Sometimes I would get an error message that said, "unable to communicate with the server." The only way to get past this was to refresh my screen. And this wasn't an internet connection issue, as I was able to browse other sites just fine at the time. I knew it had something to do with the lag on CC.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby Gilligan on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Hardly on games. I only really get lag when trying to do forum searches or look at someone's profile.
Major Gilligan

Return to Conquer Club Discussion