Conquer Club

Bring back flame wars

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Bring back flame wars

Postby wrestler1ump on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:29 am

It was so much fun when there was a flame wars forum here. We need to get it back. Too bad so many of those people are banned now.
Corporal wrestler1ump

Re: Bring back flame wars

Postby owenshooter on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:55 am

wrestler1ump wrote:It was so much fun when there was a flame wars forum here. We need to get it back. Too bad so many of those people are banned now.

they can actually attempt to have their ban lifted under the new CC regime... i thought it was kind of funny how CC promoted a certain type of negative behaviour within the forums, then removed that portion of the forums and seemed utterly baffled that people continued to carry on in that manner in other portions of the forums!!! it was like they had never been to flame wars or something... anyway... the black jesus has spoken...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:07 pm

The problem is one of negative externalities. Too many people don't want Flame War behavior spilling into other subfora, but they can't do much to prevent that. And, the Flame War participants don't care enough to limit their 'production of flames' into only Flame Wars.

Then, as far as I can guess, CC viewed constraining FW behavior to only Flame Wars as too costly, so the cheapest policy was prohibiting Flame Wars all together.

Do the benefits of prohibiting Flame Wars offset the costs?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Gilligan on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:18 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:The problem is one of negative externalities. Too many people don't want Flame War behavior spilling into other subfora, but they can't do much to prevent that. And, the Flame War participants don't care enough to limit their 'production of flames' into only Flame Wars.

Then, as far as I can guess, CC viewed constraining FW behavior to only Flame Wars as too costly, so the cheapest policy was prohibiting Flame Wars all together.

Considering this is the first "bring back flame wars" thread I've seen in quite some time, I'd say yes.
Major Gilligan

Postby loutil on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:54 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:The problem is one of negative externalities. Too many people don't want Flame War behavior spilling into other subfora, but they can't do much to prevent that. And, the Flame War participants don't care enough to limit their 'production of flames' into only Flame Wars.

You are a commie, pinko, rat bastard...who cares what you think? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:08 pm

After serious thought over the past few days, I have decided that loutil has provided the most convincing argument to bring back Flame Wars.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby wrestler1ump on Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Sometimes people have arguments in games and they need to duke it out on the forum. That is the great purpose of flame wars.
Corporal wrestler1ump

Postby owenshooter on Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:50 pm

wrestler1ump wrote:Sometimes people have arguments in games and they need to duke it out on the forum. That is the great purpose of flame wars.

really? i thought it was a place people went to deal with their oedipus complexes and to deny/squash their homoerotic desires... the black jesus has never been to flame wars...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby loutil on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:44 pm

owenshooter wrote:
wrestler1ump wrote:Sometimes people have arguments in games and they need to duke it out on the forum. That is the great purpose of flame wars.

really? i thought it was a place people went to deal with their oedipus complexes and to deny/squash their homoerotic desires... the black jesus has never been to flame wars...-el Jesus negro

Here is the funniest use of Oedipus EVER...sadly, many do not get the joke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0quUM-Nr2c
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby owenshooter on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:40 am

loutil wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

fixed
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby loutil on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:40 am

owenshooter wrote:
loutil wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

fixed

Thank you. Makes me laugh every time I see it...
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby wrestler1ump on Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:52 pm

I still say we should bring back flame wars and anyone that was banned from back then should be unbanned (i.e. Norse, BKbarunt).
Corporal wrestler1ump

Postby owenshooter on Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:10 pm

wrestler1ump wrote:I still say we should bring back flame wars and anyone that was banned from back then should be unbanned (i.e. Norse, BKbarunt).

in before the move to suggestions...-Jn

p.s.-there is a new section of the forum i am not able to link you to or i will be banned. it is full of racism/homophobia/anti-semitism, etc...
all the things that are not allowed in the forum and that were not allowed in flame wars. perhaps if you contact a mod, they can link you to it.
if i do it, i could face a ban. you are not allowed to link people to that section of the forum. yes, this is real.
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Owen are you making up rules or just have poor reading comprehension? The only rule you could possibly referring to doesn't say you can't link to it. It says you can't quote elsewhere, or link someone telling them they are being discussed

RULE 4. Do NOT quote this forum anywhere else or contact a user to inform them they are mentioned in here.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Conquer Club Discussion