Conquer Club

Need advice

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Need advice

Postby csk on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:32 pm

I was just wondering other than inviting specific players is there any way to prevent certain ranks from joining games you start?

Also how can I get into some games against players of decent skill level?

Yes I have looked through 'join games' and tried to join games with players with good ranks but its usually 'oh look a 8 player game and the first 3 spots are all major I think I'll join' Come back the next day and see the game is active with the rest cooks and cadets. And of course I get cooked out after about 5 rounds and the game is a white wash for someone where the only strategy they employed was avoid the stupid cooks.

I like to play eurasia trench no spoils or some variation thereof. I think small numbers 4 or 5 can be good if the skill level is there but unfortunately I'd say out of the last 20 or so games I have played about 3 of them have not been a whitewash due to cook or inexperienced players.

Thanks for any advice proffered.
Lieutenant csk

Re: Need advice

Postby owenshooter on Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:03 pm

in before the move to Q&A... the black jesus has spoken...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby laughingcavalier on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:37 pm

You can use the callouts section of the forum to join games for your own rank - is there a captains and above thread? - or to make private games and post a callout so you can vet any would-be joiners.

You can try different game settings: your choseen game type is very slow and a minority interest - varying the settings, especially to games that will end more quickly (eg no trench, or smaller map) may allow you to obtain a higher standard of opponents.

You can tell owen to get a life. Another life I mean.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby csk on Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:12 pm

Yes I guess it is a minority interest but I like it because (in theory at least) it requires a bit more varied strategy and thinking. I find escalating small map games to be a bit one note. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the Call out forums. I have been here nearly a year but rarely venture into the forums or wider community. SO I have no idea how to get into playing at a higher level.

I'm just getting sick of playing really bad players with zero basic understanding and I'm starting to find rank is no guide to who is terrible or not ha!
Lieutenant csk

Postby owenshooter on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:27 pm

csk wrote:Yes I guess it is a minority interest

why do you always have to make it about race? the black jesus is shaking his head in disgust...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby IcePack on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:52 pm

Try the first few stickies threads over here:

viewforum.php?f=31

Find the ranks your looking for and get the secret PW from someone active in the group.

Or post your own callouts thread with specific game #'s that are password protected, or asking for people to join you on game types.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Conquer Club Discussion