Conquer Club

The Death of Auto Tournaments

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

The Death of Auto Tournaments

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 08, 2014 10:52 am

Does anyone still play these? For a few months now I haven't been able to participate because I don't have the necessary stars, and I know numerous people are still in the same position as well. I liked the idea at first and it was fun, and to begin with the system worked, but now it's getting stale.

The sort-of-tiered system where tournament #1 required drab stars, #2 was auburn, #3 electric green, #4 violet and so was fine to begin with. Currently there are only five auto tournaments waiting and the minimum requirement is 1x blue, 1x pink, 2x cyan, 2x orange. Nobody has joined. I have over 600 pointless stars right now. I have no pink, blue, green or 'rarer'.

There is one tournament that doesn't require 'rare' stars and it's basically a luckfest on classic.

Just wondering how many people are in the same position. I remember there being talk of other uses coming into play for the stars but I'm yet to see any fruition of that either.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Re: The Death of Auto Tournaments

Postby Butters1919 on Thu May 08, 2014 2:35 pm

I concur. I used to check auto tourneys regularly. Not so much anymore. I predict "quest for the stars - goal" will take 5 years to fill.
Cook Butters1919

Postby Gilligan on Sun May 11, 2014 10:04 pm

That was quick, aye?
Major Gilligan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon May 12, 2014 10:40 am

Not bad, not bad. Still no way to win slightly rare stars to enter tournaments for the super duper rare stars.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby timogl on Mon May 12, 2014 4:05 pm

i didn't know they were still going. are they all still one minute? or practically all?
Captain timogl

Postby Gilligan on Mon May 12, 2014 4:08 pm

timogl wrote:i didn't know they were still going. are they all still one minute? or practically all?

they were never all one minute...there are always 24hr tournaments.
Major Gilligan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 13, 2014 2:39 am

timogl wrote:i didn't know they were still going. are they all still one minute? or practically all?

When there were speed autotournaments I think they were 2 or 3 minutes? I hadn't even noticed they'd stopped.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby jghost7 on Tue May 13, 2014 5:40 am

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. They must have gotten bored with them. There were two or three series of those that I was really in to but they have all but stopped now.

Thanks,

J
Major jghost7

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 13, 2014 9:01 am

jghost7 wrote:Yeah, I noticed the same thing. They must have gotten bored with them. There were two or three series of those that I was really in to but they have all but stopped now.

Thanks,

J

Agreed. Even though I had no intention of joining the Feudal Masters or Peloponnesian Masters type tournaments, it was good to see a theme and also gave expectation that other maps I was more fond of would have exclusive tournaments as well.

Autotournaments could even be developed so you choose your map and settings when joining, but maybe that would interfere with community run tournaments too much.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby timogl on Tue May 13, 2014 10:50 am

the speed tournaments were almost all of them one minute. a few two minute jobs mixed in.

how do you join these 24 hour tournaments?
Captain timogl

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 13, 2014 10:52 am

timogl wrote:the speed tournaments were almost all of them one minute. a few two minute jobs mixed in.

how do you join these 24 hour tournaments?

Just look at the requirements for them and if you have the stars needed (you can check your inventory through the bar in your personal menu on the left) then just click to join the tournament.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby timogl on Tue May 13, 2014 10:53 am

thanks, i joined one. sorry for kind of cluttering up things here.
Captain timogl

Postby shoop76 on Tue May 13, 2014 11:26 am

I think a greater variety would help.

Also why don't all tournaments with 16 players or more offer a tournament trophy?
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 13, 2014 2:47 pm

timogl wrote:thanks, i joined one. sorry for kind of cluttering up things here.

You helped discussion, no worries!

shoop76 wrote:I think a greater variety would help.

Also why don't all tournaments with 16 players or more offer a tournament trophy?

Agreed regarding variety. I think the trophies aren't offered because that might draw attraction away from community run tournaments, plus they use alternatives like credits and stars.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon May 19, 2014 6:35 am

Back to four tournaments that barely anyone can join: 0/16, 3/8, 7/16 and 1/8. Wonderful.

Since when did 1v1 tournaments only have 8 players as well? I'm assuming it's an attempt to fill them quicker because it's well known barely anyone even meets the requirements..
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby stahrgazer on Thu May 22, 2014 3:00 am

I rarely bother looking for tournaments anymore, mostly because I dislike the star things.

If someone wanted to run a series of tournaments, where to play one you had to have won/placed/showed/whatever'd a prior related tournament in the series, that I could see.

To have to have won all sorts of prior things to join an unrelated tournament seems ridiculous at best.

Another reason I rarely look at tournaments is because when I want to see how many players per team etc. I see things like "official" whatever the hell that means. (How many players are on an "official" team?)
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 22, 2014 10:44 am

stahrgazer wrote:Another reason I rarely look at tournaments is because when I want to see how many players per team etc. I see things like "official" whatever the hell that means. (How many players are on an "official" team?)

Official means it's like, a CC-run tournament, not a player-run tournament. Agreed, it can be annoying if the game/team size isn't specified in the tournament title.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby stahrgazer on Thu May 22, 2014 1:06 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Official means it's like, a CC-run tournament, not a player-run tournament.

I knew that, my comment was facetious because a tourney being "official" should be on the title or something not in the number of players.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 22, 2014 4:44 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Official means it's like, a CC-run tournament, not a player-run tournament.

I knew that, my comment was facetious because a tourney being "official" should be on the title or something not in the number of players.

It's not in the number of players but good one!
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby stahrgazer on Thu May 22, 2014 6:00 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:It's not in the number of players but good one!

Idunno, "1v1" looks like number of players to me. Depends on how you define it, I'd think.

At any rate, I dislike the star thing, I dislike whre they note "official" tournaments which is where the players (PER MAP) go for all others; and for that matter I dislkike having "official" tournaments at all; it's as though cc now thinks player-run tournaments shouldn't count.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby betiko on Thu May 22, 2014 7:11 pm

The prizes of the autotournaments were retarded. you could get an orange star and basically with an orange star you can't join anythin interesting ang you win it or even better stars quite easily. The problem with those stars is that there is absolutely no balance and it's too easy to obtain some. You should win stars only by winning games, not just by participating. And get bigger values of stars if the game you win is more or less important. I don't know, do something logical that can give value to those stars and therefore for the tournaments. At least to have the impression that you've earned them. There should be some games where you are allowed to wager the amount of stars of a type you want.
Major betiko

Return to Conquer Club Discussion