Conquer Club

Why All The Rampant Discrimination??

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Why All The Rampant Discrimination??

Postby CHECK-M8 on Wed May 14, 2014 1:40 pm

Why is it that there are never any Standard settings on Battle Royal?? Terminator games aren't fair when you have to play vs lower ranking players who have no interest in winning, only knocking out Majors and higher to gain more points.

I could understand that some might want them but to have nothing but terminator games month after month is discrimiation. On top of that it takes forever for terminator games to fill up because so few people want to play those settings.

Been waiting for several months for a Standard, flat rate or no spoils, freestyle game to come up, but when those games are put up, if they are ever started, they fill up in an hour and then ya have to go back to waiting month after month of terminator games until another playable game comes up.

There should NEVER be two terminator games waiting at the same time. That is just showing favortism towards lower ranking players that want to abuse the system for their own gain.

I have started to write my congressman, or get the FBI involved, but this seems like too large an issue for those morons. Thinking about taking this issue to the U.N. If that doesn't work, I would not be above taking my problem to "other world" alien life forms, and get a universal ruling. I have a neighbor that I am pretty sure works for the "Men in Black" and has serious "other world" connections. So get this problem fixed or I'll have him fix it for ya...
Major CHECK-M8

Re: Why All The Rampant Discrimination??

Postby Dukasaur on Wed May 14, 2014 2:05 pm

I totally agree with you.

The argument against Standard BRs (and I don't agree with it, but it should be presented) is that it produces radical point swings. There is a fear that this could be abused. I won a Standard BR, and I believe I jumped from Lieutenant to Colonel. I wasn't particularly trying to gain points; I was just happy to finally win a BR. Still, there is a belief that someone who knew they were about to win a Standard BR could reduce their rank, and then suddenly jump 2500 points or more.

My answer to that is, "So what?" Even setting aside how lucky you would have to be in packing the game with high-ranking opponents to gain a jump like that, still, "So what?" Why is jumping 2500 points in one day so much more dangerous than jumping 2500 points in six months? (And doing the math, a point gain of 965 points like I had is vastly more likely than the hypothetical 2500 point jumper.)

Still, it's one of those things, like the idea that a resign button would lead to indiscriminate point dumping, that was written into CC lore early on and is very hard to overcome. Still, it can be done, with patience. There was a time when all BRs were freestyle. When I first suggested Sequential BRs, I was told I was a retard, that a Sequential BR would take hundreds of years to finish and was a completely absurd idea. Then, after much campaigning, the powers that be agreed to try a Sequential BR for Game 10000000, and (miracle of miracles!) it was over in ten weeks, not a hundred years.

Since then, Sequential BRs have become commonplace, and I don't know how many people even remember the days when proponents of the idea openly had their sanity questioned. I don't think there's any inherent reason why we can't have Assassin BRs, or Dubs BRs, or anything else. It only requires a groundswell behind the idea. Upping Standard BRs from the current 10% of the mix to, for instance, 35% of the mix, is not nearly as radical as those other ideas, so with a bit of hustle you should be able to sell it.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Lindax on Wed May 14, 2014 2:30 pm

The argument against Standard BRs (and I don't agree with it, but it should be presented) is that it produces radical point swings.

The only reason I play BRs is the chance to win big points in one game. Is there any other attraction to play BRs?

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby CHECK-M8 on Wed May 14, 2014 8:29 pm

Thanks for the reply Dukasaur. I understand why you couldn't have Assisin games though. You only start with two areas. One good roll would end the game on the first turn. If not some moron would kill the guy beside him to try and get a card and put someone out by accident.

But I agree with everything else. It's very doubtful that a low ranking player would win a standard game. But if that is truely what they are afraid of why not start having different rank requirements to get into some of them??
Major CHECK-M8

Postby Gabriel13 on Fri May 16, 2014 6:42 am

Lindax wrote:
The argument against Standard BRs (and I don't agree with it, but it should be presented) is that it produces radical point swings.

The only reason I play BRs is the chance to win big points in one game. Is there any other attraction to play BRs?

Lx

To make sure you always have the most BR wins. 8-[
Cook Gabriel13

Postby benga on Fri May 16, 2014 8:17 am

I want asssissin BR!!!!
Sergeant benga

Postby JBlombier on Fri May 16, 2014 8:23 am

I had my all-time high score by winning a standard Battle Royale. I can remember the day, when my internet was goddamn slow and I managed to win a freestyle BR. I could read the messages in chat, like "JB, wtf are you not attacking for?¿? you'll win!!1!", but was still looking at a loading assault button (is that even possible? I remember it that way...). That was the first day I ever talked about a CC victory to my girlfriend. Man, these things can be intense.

And now we apparently only have Terminator. Which is fine, I actually kinda like it. I've won hundreds of points in a World 2.1 game I didn't win. The point Check-M8 wants to make is to have some other settings involved. I don't understand that isn't already case. This thread is so obviously right. I don't really play BR's anymore, but if this is really the case, it's an embarrassment they didn't already make BR's with a little more variety.

This is perhaps the simplest suggestion ever to implement. All the codes are already written. Whether it'll be a success or not will be shown by the number of players who show up. I think there'll be plenty.

- JBlombier I could've just said +1, now I'm running out of time for my work... sigh
Major JBlombier

Postby clowncar on Fri May 16, 2014 9:44 pm

whatever disadvantage high ranks have at the beginning of the BR game is made up for by the massive advantage they get at the end of the BR
Sergeant 1st Class clowncar

Postby owenshooter on Fri May 16, 2014 10:02 pm

clowncar wrote:whatever disadvantage high ranks have at the beginning of the BR game is made up for by the massive advantage they get at the end of the BR

ummmmm.... what is the massive advantage they get at the end of the BR? please break this down for me. my mind is simple and i am really confused...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby CHECK-M8 on Mon May 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Mine too, what possible advantage does a higher ranking player get at the end of a BR ?? It is even worse at the end. On the last turn everyone who knows they don't have a shot at the win will put out the highest ranking player they can just to steal their points. That is a huge DISadvantage at the end, not an advantage.
Major CHECK-M8

Postby stahrgazer on Thu May 22, 2014 3:29 am

CHECK-M8 wrote:Thanks for the reply Dukasaur. I understand why you couldn't have Assisin games though. You only start with two areas. One good roll would end the game on the first turn. If not some moron would kill the guy beside him to try and get a card and put someone out by accident.

But I agree with everything else. It's very doubtful that a low ranking player would win a standard game. But if that is truely what they are afraid of why not start having different rank requirements to get into some of them??

See your point, disagree with it.

Specifically, this is what I see you saying: can't have Assassin BR games because someone might get lucky and win it early.

um. So? Everyone has the same chance to be just that lucky, so why not?
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 22, 2014 11:00 am

stahrgazer wrote:
CHECK-M8 wrote:Thanks for the reply Dukasaur. I understand why you couldn't have Assisin games though. You only start with two areas. One good roll would end the game on the first turn. If not some moron would kill the guy beside him to try and get a card and put someone out by accident.

Specifically, this is what I see you saying: can't have Assassin BR games because someone might get lucky and win it early.

His main point is that the vast majority of battle royales are terminator and there are very standard games. A number of players, myself included, would like to see this balanced out.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Tue May 27, 2014 4:43 am

I agree with the OP
Major betiko

Postby CHECK-M8 on Fri May 30, 2014 11:33 pm

me too
Major CHECK-M8

Postby CHECK-M8 on Fri May 30, 2014 11:40 pm

stahrgazer wrote:

Everyone starts with only two areas. Everyone is going to try and get a bonus card by taking at least one area. Nobody is going to check and see if the color they are going to attack has already been attacked once, so on the very first turn someone will be put out, and in assassin when the first person goes out the game is over. Someone trying to get a bonus card will put someone out that will give someone else the game. About half the players playing won't even realize the game is assassin. Nobody that plays those seems to ever read the settings.

Assassin just won't work. But Terminator doesn't either but they keep having them. NO MORE TERMINATOR !!!!! EVER !!!!! PLEASE !!!!!!
Major CHECK-M8

Postby CHECK-M8 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:35 am

I see two standard games. THANK YOU!!!!! Keep em coming. One is nuclear and one sequential, but none the less at least we are heading in the right direction. A standard freestyle with either no spoils or flat rate would be awesome.
Major CHECK-M8

Return to Conquer Club Discussion