Conquer Club

what do you think about the monthly challenges?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

what do you think about the monthly challenges?

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:52 pm

Can the requirements for completing the challenges be any stupider than these last 2 month?
What is behind all this? forcing newcommers to buy premium in order to complete the insane amount of games you need to play per month for these challenges?
The challenge is to be dumb enough to join over 100 of these each month win or lose now... thanks but no thanks.
Major betiko

Re: what do you think about the monthly challenges?

Postby demonfork on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:28 pm

betiko wrote:Can the requirements for completing the challenges be any stupider than these last 2 month?
What is behind all this? forcing newcommers to buy premium in order to complete the insane amount of games you need to play per month for these challenges?
The challenge is to be dumb enough to join over 100 of these each month win or lose now... thanks but no thanks.

Sorry about your little butt.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:28 am

One of a few things that are becoming quantity over quality.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:24 am

exacltly. the monthly challenges were fun until april; then they decided to ruin them coming up with retarded requirements.
Basically there is all this witch hunt about possible point dumpers, this fear of people that could have a score that suddenly skyrockets by winning a battle royale... and at the same time big wham incentivates point dumping by making people join literally 100 games at a time or by rewarding "the most improved players of the month"... who just basically needs to have hundreds of active games and manage the order in which he finishes the losers and winners.

this is not the way to go BW. you don't build long term customers by trying to make them play insane amount of games so they get fed up of this and quit.
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:44 am

I agree with the premise, but I'm not sure how much bW is to blame. I'm not exactly sure who created the new scoreboards, but obviously he had the final word. The monthly challenges are entirely DY's domain. The Whac-a-Mod was all about quantity as well, and it was a joke. I appreciate that the aim is to get more people involved and improve activity on the site, but quality is much more valued than quantity, especially long term.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:12 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I agree with the premise, but I'm not sure how much bW is to blame. I'm not exactly sure who created the new scoreboards, but obviously he had the final word. The monthly challenges are entirely DY's domain. The Whac-a-Mod was all about quantity as well, and it was a joke. I appreciate that the aim is to get more people involved and improve activity on the site, but quality is much more valued than quantity, especially long term.

I am really not sure doom is to blame here, I'm pretty sure he's just going the way BW is asking.

There is a stat i'd really like to know....... what is the average amount of active games for active premium members?
personally, I don't like having over 20. When I used to play those challenges I went up to 35 active games, which was still ok and for a limited time of the month.
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:29 am

betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I agree with the premise, but I'm not sure how much bW is to blame. I'm not exactly sure who created the new scoreboards, but obviously he had the final word. The monthly challenges are entirely DY's domain. The Whac-a-Mod was all about quantity as well, and it was a joke. I appreciate that the aim is to get more people involved and improve activity on the site, but quality is much more valued than quantity, especially long term.

I am really not sure doom is to blame here, I'm pretty sure he's just going the way BW is asking.

There is a stat i'd really like to know....... what is the average amount of active games for active premium members?
personally, I don't like having over 20. When I used to play those challenges I went up to 35 active games, which was still ok and for a limited time of the month.

For quite a while I've had 140 to 200 games active at a time, but that's entirely because of the Map Blaster tournament, which is eight player so it's not too bad. Usually I'd have 20-50.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:59 pm

betiko wrote:

This.

When Doom was running the challenges, the philosophy was that anyone could earn a challenge medal, and the medal requirements were geared to what a normal person could handle. When BW took them over he completely turned the philosophy around 180 degrees. He wants the challenge medal to be an elite medal that only the most dedicated players can get. Doom is still writing the creative part of the challenges, but BW is controlling the medal requirements. They are intentionally difficult.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
betiko wrote:

This.

When Doom was running the challenges, the philosophy was that anyone could earn a challenge medal, and the medal requirements were geared to what a normal person could handle. When BW took them over he completely turned the philosophy around 180 degrees. He wants the challenge medal to be an elite medal that only the most dedicated players can get. Doom is still writing the creative part of the challenges, but BW is controlling the medal requirements. They are intentionally difficult.

Okay, so this is bW's fault.

Regarding the highlighted comment: earning the challenge medal is not difficult nor a challenge, just time consuming. It requires no skill whatsoever.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:51 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
betiko wrote:

This.

lol, clicking join game many times is what is considered as difficult? playing 100 team games at once is what he considers being dedicated?

This medal isn't elitist, it's a joke. like the most improved player medals. they go both well together actually. I'd be curious to see if anyone on this site thinks he's accomplishing something riskwise by being the one who joined the most games, or if he actually had fun being forced to play insane amount of games.
Major betiko

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:03 am

Doomer is doing a kickass job!
Major Phatscotty

Postby ws1 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:46 pm

I think its kinda stupid. a bunch of games in mandellas name? when you having a Chucky Cheese challenge, or a national square dance with Bob Marley calling challenge? LOL. I think you know my opion.
Lieutenant ws1

Location: Chicago, New York, Detroit and its all on the same street

Postby owenshooter on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:53 pm

ws1 wrote:I think its kinda stupid. a bunch of games in mandellas name? when you having a Chucky Cheese challenge, or a national square dance with Bob Marley calling challenge? LOL. I think you know my opion.

come on... i think you are being harsh and forgetting the big picture!! i believe it was all summed up best with this statement explaining the challenge:
DoomYoshi wrote:To go from a black man in prison, to an internationally respected leader, one needs fundamental teamwork skills.

*snicker*... i still don't know what to say about that ludicrous statement... ha!!! the black jesus has spoken...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:59 pm

owenshooter wrote:
ws1 wrote:I think its kinda stupid. a bunch of games in mandellas name? when you having a Chucky Cheese challenge, or a national square dance with Bob Marley calling challenge? LOL. I think you know my opion.

come on... i think you are being harsh and forgetting the big picture!! i believe it was all summed up best with this statement explaining the challenge:
DoomYoshi wrote:To go from a black man in prison, to an internationally respected leader, one needs fundamental teamwork skills.

*snicker*... i still don't know what to say about that ludicrous statement... ha!!! the black jesus has spoken...-el Jesus negro

I don't understand the problem. Do you think you could get out of jail and become elected President of a nation of 30 million if you were a lone wolf who didn't know how to build a team?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby owenshooter on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:24 am

Dukasaur wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

I don't understand the problem. Do you think you could get out of jail and become elected President of a nation of 30 million if you were a lone wolf who didn't know how to build a team?

you have to ABSOLUTELY be kidding... have you ever studied Mandela or read anything about him or simply have an understanding of the man from bad movies and sound bites in the media? this is just getting comical now...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:55 am

owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:I don't understand the problem. Do you think you could get out of jail and become elected President of a nation of 30 million if you were a lone wolf who didn't know how to build a team?

you have to ABSOLUTELY be kidding... have you ever studied Mandela or read anything about him or simply have an understanding of the man from bad movies and sound bites in the media? this is just getting comical now...-el Jesus negro

Actually, yeah. I have his book. Read it twice. And in the 70s and 80s when a lot of the events were taking place I was a politically-aware type. So I ask again, what exactly is the problem?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby owenshooter on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:04 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:I don't understand the problem. Do you think you could get out of jail and become elected President of a nation of 30 million if you were a lone wolf who didn't know how to build a team?

Actually, yeah. I have his book. Read it twice. And in the 70s and 80s when a lot of the events were taking place I was a politically-aware type. So I ask again, what exactly is the problem?

*insert photo of mandela leaving prison in his CC tshirt*... MOD EDIT... the black jesus has spoken...-el Jesus negro
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:26 am

I going with quality. The monthly gig is up....I waited 3 years for THE 70 ann. Event of D-Day..on The D-Day map...Like the fun I had during the 70 ann. of Pearl Harbor...on the Pearl Harbor map Event..Thumbs up..Thank you Kindly Gilligan....But what did in Q/A..from Dukasaur. A crack pot joke for a response..When I was trying to get people fired up about..A entire cont. of people imprisoned and set free.Thanks to Operation OVERLORD(D-DAY).Maybe instead of monthly games,we can go back to single event challenges..That we all love to play..People's time might be freed up...ConfederateSS..out!!.. P.S. F.Y.I..not 3 years just 2 months.Heads Up.. August 4th 2014..is the 100th ann. World War One..Europe 1914 map 24 hour event..Lets get back to Quality.......Duke I've played you.You're a Great Player.I know you're doing you best....But not enough time....70th ann...Good thing it was not Mandy's 70th..people might not had enough time...
Major ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby betiko on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:08 am

ConfederateSS wrote:I going with quality. The monthly gig is up....I waited 3 years for THE 70 ann. Event of D-Day..on The D-Day map...Like the fun I had during the 70 ann. of Pearl Harbor...on the Pearl Harbor map Event..Thumbs up..Thank you Kindly Gilligan....But what did in Q/A..from Dukasaur. A crack pot joke for a response..When I was trying to get people fired up about..A entire cont. of people imprisoned and set free.Thanks to Operation OVERLORD(D-DAY).Maybe instead of monthly games,we can go back to single event challenges..That we all love to play..People's time might be freed up...ConfederateSS..out!!.. P.S. F.Y.I..not 3 years just 2 months.Heads Up.. August 4th 2014..is the 100th ann. World War One..Europe 1914 map 24 hour event..Lets get back to Quality.......Duke I've played you.You're a Great Player.I know you're doing you best....But not enough time....70th ann...Good thing it was not Mandy's 70th..people might not had enough time...

you're talking about content, not about quality vs quantity. I do agree with your content suggestions though.
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:32 am

ConfederateSS wrote:I going with quality. The monthly gig is up....I waited 3 years for THE 70 ann. Event of D-Day..on The D-Day map...Like the fun I had during the 70 ann. of Pearl Harbor...on the Pearl Harbor map Event..Thumbs up..Thank you Kindly Gilligan....But what did in Q/A..from Dukasaur. A crack pot joke for a response..When I was trying to get people fired up about..A entire cont. of people imprisoned and set free.Thanks to Operation OVERLORD(D-DAY).Maybe instead of monthly games,we can go back to single event challenges..That we all love to play..People's time might be freed up...ConfederateSS..out!!.. P.S. F.Y.I..not 3 years just 2 months.Heads Up.. August 4th 2014..is the 100th ann. World War One..Europe 1914 map 24 hour event..Lets get back to Quality.......Duke I've played you.You're a Great Player.I know you're doing you best....But not enough time....70th ann...Good thing it was not Mandy's 70th..people might not had enough time...

As much of a pain as this was to read, I do agree with what you're saying. However, Duk is not the person that runs the events or monthly challenges.

The events are sometimes great and sometimes not so much, but you need to speak to bigWham, the entertainment team and the tournament directors.

The monthly challenges are entirely separate from any such events and whilst being run by DoomYoshi, bigWham is dictating what happens. Although he didn't always, and the challenges were better then.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Return to Conquer Club Discussion