Conquer Club

Out of curiosity

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Out of curiosity

Postby murphy16 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:06 am

If someone that has joined 3 of my monthly challenge games is away and someone is account sitting, does the sitter need to wait til his turns are down to 2 hours or can the sitter play the games as real time? I'm curious since the rules state that the sitter can play when in danger of missing a turn and not to gain tactical advantage yet the sitter has played most of the game in all 3 games...considered gaining tactical advantage no? Once again just curious.
Major murphy16

Re: Out of curiosity

Postby Donelladan on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:08 am

1) the 2 hours rules is supposed to concern only clan games.
2) if he is away and ask someone to sit for him, this one doens't have to wait for 2 hours ( clan games or not). The 2 hours rules is only if the guys which is about to miss didn't tell anyone he was absent. The 2 hours concern emergency. If someone is away and said so to his sitter, no 2 hours rules.

But playing the game in real time seems odd if it was a sitter.
Last edited by Donelladan on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:37 am

i'd rather have a sitter opponent playing rather fast than a sitter waiting until there is an hour left on the clock. If the guy is going to be absent for a while no need to make the game last forever. +what Don said.

but yeah, other than this; a couple of month ago I was playing a trips tournament and both of my partners were absent for a week-10 days. I was asking the opponents, but I didn't really know if there was a timer rule, as I basically had to play for the whole trips team with their absence... I was pretty sure there wasn't but still felt wierd.
Major betiko

Postby Kaskavel on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:50 am

Indeed, it is a grey area. Many opponents would prefer to just play the game, sitter or not, than waiting 20 hrs each turn. On th eother hand, the sitter is supposed to "cover" the account casualy, not playing rt games. It is strange case. Probably the opponent should take the decision.
Colonel Kaskavel

Postby Arama86n on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:01 am

Kaskavel wrote:Indeed, it is a grey area. Many opponents would prefer to just play the game, sitter or not, than waiting 20 hrs each turn. On th eother hand, the sitter is supposed to "cover" the account casualy, not playing rt games. It is strange case. Probably the opponent should take the decision.

That was my first thought too, In the absence of an official ruling, I'd politely ask my opponent(s) if they'd rather I played it fast or slow (me being the sitter in this case).
Major Arama86n

Postby murphy16 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:39 pm

It's interesting to hear what you hall have said, thank y'all for filling my curiosity. :)
Major murphy16

Postby Evil Semp on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:31 pm

This can be found on the help page. http://www.conquerclub.com/eticket/index.php

19. Can I let another player take a turn for me when I am away from the game?

Players are allowed to account-sit for others as long as they are not opponents within the game. It is common courtesy to announce in game chat that another player will take your turn(s) during your absence. Babysitters should only do what is necessary to take the turn(s) and should not interact with the community, start or join new games (except for ongoing tournaments). Furthermore, you should only take another player's turn if they are in danger of missing a turn, not for the purpose of gaining a tactical advantage.

The sitter doesn't have to wait for the last minute to take a turn but it is discouraged for the sitter to take multiple turns in a 24 hour period.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Conquer Club Discussion