Conquer Club

Whining?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Whining?

Postby kuthoer on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Game chat 14512098

I'm a newbie compared to most gamers here, is this normal? Is it really about points in the long haul and not about sportsmanship in each individual game?
Cadet kuthoer

Re: Whining?

Postby macbone on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:26 pm

Game 14512098

I added the [game] tag for you for a quick link to the game.

Lots of players care about points, yeah. You need only look at all the shenanigans that used to go on to reach Conqueror, though the recent Conquerors have gotten there cleanly. I've seen a lot of players say that if they can't win, they want the highest-ranked player to win. Thinking it is one thing, but actively sabotaging another player's chances to win just so the highest ranked player can win is dangerously close to throwing a game. I like to see the lower ranked players win. That's the entire point of the SoC, after all, helping players get better.

Obviously any gross abuse of the game is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to: throwing games or deliberately benefiting from thrown games, intentional deadbeating, holding players hostage, serial teammate killing, hijacking accounts, systematically "farming" new recruits and colluding with other players in any way to manipulate the scoring system.

Deliberately working to help a sergeant win rather than a corporal first class is stupid. They're only one step away from each other on the rank ladder. If red loses to you right now, using your points, he loses 39 points. If he loses to the other player, he loses 34 points. The difference is only 5 points, which seems pretty lame to me.
Colonel macbone

Postby osok68 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:02 am

its also a freemium player;they tend to be very point-greedy because there are only 4 games for them and fluctuation is therefor very slow.Some are even willing to lie or break truces for those slow points(had an experience with one recently).
BTW,i like your name!allimitatie achter de rug? :lol:
Colonel osok68

Location: for complaints,write it down on my other account-wall:USUK2.0

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:03 am

Jacques.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby JBlombier on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:15 pm

osok68 wrote:BTW,i like your name!allimitatie achter de rug? :lol:

I've been wanting to ask this for quite some time. Explain your username, kuthoer. Is there such a horrible woman in your life?
Major JBlombier

Postby Jmac1026 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:44 am

I'm really confused as to which rules you were violating that made you get kicked from that game.
Army of GOD wrote:I should stop posting...
Private 1st Class Jmac1026

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:09 pm

Jmac1026 wrote:I'm really confused as to which rules you were violating that made you get kicked from that game.

Irony?

I'm only guessing here, but... multi? They only kick you out of games for a major infraction and that's the more common one. Oopsies!
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Serbia on Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:27 pm

Awesome.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby notyou2 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:09 pm

macbone wrote:Game 14512098

I added the [game] tag for you for a quick link to the game.

Lots of players care about points, yeah. You need only look at all the shenanigans that used to go on to reach Conqueror, though the recent Conquerors have gotten there cleanly. I've seen a lot of players say that if they can't win, they want the highest-ranked player to win. Thinking it is one thing, but actively sabotaging another player's chances to win just so the highest ranked player can win is dangerously close to throwing a game. I like to see the lower ranked players win. That's the entire point of the SoC, after all, helping players get better.

Obviously any gross abuse of the game is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to: throwing games or deliberately benefiting from thrown games, intentional deadbeating, holding players hostage, serial teammate killing, hijacking accounts, systematically "farming" new recruits and colluding with other players in any way to manipulate the scoring system.

Deliberately working to help a sergeant win rather than a corporal first class is stupid. They're only one step away from each other on the rank ladder. If red loses to you right now, using your points, he loses 39 points. If he loses to the other player, he loses 34 points. The difference is only 5 points, which seems pretty lame to me.

I have never seen an open statement about higher rank attempting to help the next highest rank win, but I am certain I have experienced this several times. How despicable and immature.
Captain notyou2

Postby rhp 1 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:28 pm

quit whining
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby jefjef on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:36 pm

We are all foolish for spending $$ here at CC until they make an honest attempt at providing a believable random instead of this obviously scripted nonsense.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Return to Conquer Club Discussion