Conquer Club

1 million units?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

1 million units?

Postby Tviorr on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:17 am

Anyone know what happens if you go past that. Im wondering if the game can handle it on a player or for that matter on a single square.

Currently playing a trenched hive with the "new" escalating, where tides turned and changed and 5 players hung around for a long time. The lag of the set changes started to have somewhat deciding effect when especially one player got so much lag that the game froze on him every time he tried to turn in a 40K + set. Several other players had issues. I for one learned that explorer on an abismal computer in a lunchbreak at work isnt the place to take a turn in a game like that ;-)

In any case, the game broke open more as one player was eliminated, the lagged over player was pushed back to a no carding situation and the third player of consequense in the game pulled back in a "stack on 1-2 area strategy" and got fed up with the lag on a 400K stack.

As that happened when he tried to resettle a corner in the middle of the other players territory, he lost enough units that I could set up a long front denying him a card while pushing out the lagged over player. Ended up with 400-500K after the initial border tuzzles against maybe 100K, so Ive been pushing him back through the trenches. As that takes a while, the set value has pushed past 100K and Im going to end on 800K+ or 900K+ depending on whether I can and will change a last set from probably 4 cards.

Im almost tempted to prolong for a couple of rounds to go past a million and maybe even put a million on one square, but I worry that even with chrome and a half-decent computer, that will break something in the game ;-).

Anyone else been juggling those amounts of units?, 'cause if the game had been just a little different, the only choice Id have to avoid passing 1 mio. would be to let the other player card, so Id have something to spend the excess on. - And I wouldnt really be able to force another player to card.

What are your experiences with massive stacks and lag? Personally Chrome, a fair sized computer, a reasonable net-connection (not that big actually) - and Bob, though I doubt an extra layer of programming can help with lag? - worked fairly well for me, though patience was definitely required as well ;-)

Anyone know why big stacks take such a toll on the programming? - Im more or less programming illiterate, so it seems a bit odd to me that the bigger the stack, the longer the lag even when attacking a 1. It would make more sense to me if there was simply a cut-off line where it crashed helplessly but was okay right up to that line?
PM me for an invite to Ikariam, a balanced strategy MMORPG centered on a city-based empire. Help and extra resources from me and an extra tradships and a small science bonus to both of us if you do :-)
Major Tviorr

Location: 3 clicks beyond madness. - or in Ikariam - eta server. Write me for an invite and startup help.

Re: 1 million units?

Postby Gabriel13 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:07 pm

I have a game where I have 12 million troops. I haven't attacked with that stack in a very long time though, so I have no idea how the site would handle it :P
Cook Gabriel13

Postby owenshooter on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:52 am

Gabriel13 wrote:I have a game where I have 12 million troops. I haven't attacked with that stack in a very long time though, so I have no idea how the site would handle it :P

i was just about to say that 1 million isn't that big... he should search for that thread of the biggest stacks or whatever... some impressive stacks in there and some general info...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Tviorr on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:03 pm

Fair enough. Im not really going for the biggest stack. Im just interested in what the site can and especially cant handle ;-)
PM me for an invite to Ikariam, a balanced strategy MMORPG centered on a city-based empire. Help and extra resources from me and an extra tradships and a small science bonus to both of us if you do :-)
Major Tviorr

Location: 3 clicks beyond madness. - or in Ikariam - eta server. Write me for an invite and startup help.

Return to Conquer Club Discussion