Conquer Club

"games turned off temporarily"

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

"games turned off temporarily"

Postby Halmir on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:32 pm

This is what I get when trying to enter any of my games, where I can either take a turn or not.

Have I transgressed in some way so the Mods have done fer me, or is this part of the problems I'm having in my migration to Windows 8 ? (even though it's been working fine all day).

confused !
Sergeant 1st Class Halmir

Re: "games turned off temporarily"

Postby TheQuietOne on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:34 pm

Same problem here
Major TheQuietOne

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:39 pm

Games are turned off for the 4th of july in the usa. They want you to spend time at the barbecue or looking at fireworks.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby tokle on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:40 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Games are turned off for the 4th of july in the usa. They want you to spend time at the barbecue or looking at fireworks.

--Andy

Have a banana and go back to sleep.
Major tokle

Postby jammyjames on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:42 pm

So how does this work with one of my turns ending in 3 hours?!

A game that I WILL win if i play my turn and begin again before anyone else removes my complete objective?!

This is bullshit!! So basically I will wake up in the morning and will have missed a crucial turn at the worst possible time!
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby DaGip on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:43 pm

go here, and tell us exactly what happened!

viewtopic.php?f=506&t=206196
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby jammyjames on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:45 pm

I'd also like to point out the round timers are also going down still?! If I can't play my turn and miss the win because of this bullshit, It's the last fucking straw.

Is this site now run by a fully fledged 4 year old that can't even communicate this bullshit??

f*ck CC, Webmaster - you're a PROFANITY REMOVED. Worst business model I have ever seen... No wonder this site is contantly on the decline now. ZERO care for the community of which propel it.

EDIT: Removed the comment re: Andy's reasoning, missed sarcasm :lol:
Last edited by jammyjames on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby DaGip on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:57 pm

jammyjames wrote:I'd also like to point out the round timers are also going down still?! If I can't play my turn and miss the win because of this bullshit (THAT NONE OF US NON-AMERICANS CELEBRATE!!), It's the last fucking straw.

Is this site now run by a fully fledged 4 year old that can't even communicate this bullshit??

f*ck CC, Webmaster - you're a cunt. Worst business model I have ever seen... No wonder this site is contantly on the decline now. ZERO care for the community of which propel it.

viewtopic.php?f=506&t=206187

I think this thread needs to be merged into Bug Reports, don't you?
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby Halmir on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:05 pm

In a slightly more moderate tone :) it'd have been helpful to have advance notice of this (if there was, I missed it, so would have been helpful to be more front page prominent) and a clock freeze on current games. Turning the site off for maintenance, patching etc is fine, and you'd do that via a bunch of comms first, ya? I can understand if you don't want to operate the site if all the support folks are out celebrating (I don't ever recall this over Xmas tho lol), but we'd like to know first so we don't feel the frustration. Ta :D
Sergeant 1st Class Halmir

Postby jammyjames on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:06 pm

Understandable if there is a problem with the site, that unfortunately cannot be helped.

However, a FORMAL announcement should have been made. It's like me not sending reports out to my customers and waiting for them to complain before me telling them why I haven't. It's poor business ethics, and someone up top needs to remember who his clients are...

Postby DaGip on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:10 pm

The Rumor Mill is that the problem is with a server and several websites are experiencing the same problem.

You all should really look at the Bug Report threads to see what's going on.

DaGip wrote:
jammyjames wrote:I'd also like to point out the round timers are also going down still?! If I can't play my turn and miss the win because of this bullshit (THAT NONE OF US NON-AMERICANS CELEBRATE!!), It's the last fucking straw.

f*ck CC, Webmaster - you're a cunt. Worst business model I have ever seen... No wonder this site is contantly on the decline now. ZERO care for the community of which propel it.

viewtopic.php?f=506&t=206187

I think this thread needs to be merged into Bug Reports, don't you?

I know a lot of us flew off the cuff and got pissed, but just mellow out a bit and plug yourself into the Bug Report threads on this subject. You will see that it is not entirely a ConquerClub issue:

bigWham wrote:Hi everyone. This appear to be some type of very strange networking issue, not on conquerclub.com itself, but with the networking infrastructure. I am working with rackspace to fix it.
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby Frito Bandito on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:21 pm

It's because of Obama
Lieutenant Frito Bandito

Postby jammyjames on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Just as a theory tester, I joined a speed game, in which I knew It would end the round.

The rounds do not end and change to the next player etc. they just sit on 00:00:00.

Therefore I would assume time will be added onto all games (24hrs / whatever time has been lost), and speed games will be converted back to a standard game.

This is my assumption at least / the closest you will get to an announcement... :lol:

Postby DaGip on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:22 pm

If you are not keeping up to date on the Bug Report on this issue, this is the current response from admin:

king achilles wrote:Just for the record, this is not something that was planned, scheduled or intentionally done. If the games are not turned off now, everyone who attempts to make a turn while this is still not fixed will also suffer the same status code error message. For now, the webmaster is focused in settling this issue first then when it's fixed, we can get to what to do with the affected games by then.
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby hoytdwow on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:56 pm

why are "games turned off temporarily"?

serious question. Dont' think we should have to check 10 other forums for the answer. Thanks in advance!
Sergeant 1st Class hoytdwow

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:01 pm

They should probably put up a my games alert or something.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby hoytdwow on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:03 pm

For those of us who just play the game and don't nerd out all over the site, is there actually a place where the games turned off situation is explained?
Sergeant 1st Class hoytdwow

Postby Sirius Kase on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:23 pm

Sergeant 1st Class Sirius Kase

Postby keyborn on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:54 pm

CC seem to be back online and working correctly. Who is going to try a start a turn first and report back here? Not me...
Brigadier keyborn

Postby Sirius Kase on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:57 pm

just posted in game chat, privately to team and publicly, didn't screw up like the other day when it waited a minute or two before posting the private to the public I thought it was lost, but it was worse than lost.

Postby Invdr_zim on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Took a turn against a bot without incident. Seems ok.
Private Invdr_zim

Postby kratos644 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:34 pm

What about games that were missed while this was happening... Clocks weren't rolled back time was just added. I have a clan game that I was going to take but couldn't because games weren't working so the turn was missed. Now instead of me having a couple hours left on clock to go the opposing team has 27 hrs...
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby Sirius Kase on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:30 pm

They should consider rolling back 24 hours, so we would have to retake our turns. They did it before. Was a lot of griping and moaning, but it's the fairest thing I can think of. No one would skip a turn, just have to remember what they did or rethink it.

Postby DaGip on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:42 am

bigWham wrote:
keyborn wrote:CC back online and seems to be fixed? I am still a little gun shy to start a turn. Have noticed that time has been added to every game also.

Well after 3 hours on the phone with Rackspace, back and forth, round and about, the problem is fixed. It was nothing to do with networking in the end, despite confusing, contradictory diagnostics and Rackspace themselves thinking it was. It was a case of a tiny problem that should have been harmless, having large unintended and unpredictable consequences. Should be fixed now. Please report any related issues here.
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Return to Conquer Club Discussion