Conquer Club

Webmaster Farming

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Webmaster Farming

Postby jammyjames on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:01 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=find&submit=Search&p1=bigWham&so=D

Just have a little look through here, I thought this practise was frowned upon? :lol:

Didn't spot a single game against new recruits where advice was being provided etc. :-$

EDIT: Just found this also.

Game finished but nobody has won? At least according to the strikethrough's

Game 14794122
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Re: Webmaster Farming

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:19 am

disgusting... i hope you go to C&A with this attrocious behaviour...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:27 am

jammyjames wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=find&submit=Search&p1=bigWham&so=D

Just have a little look through here, I thought this practise was frowned upon? :lol:

Didn't spot a single game against new recruits where advice was being provided etc. :-$

Virtually all of those are Guide games, where no points are awarded. No points = no chance of farming.

jammyjames wrote:EDIT: Just found this also.

Game finished but nobody has won? At least according to the strikethrough's

Game 14794122

Yeah, Guide games just end with no win awarded if the visitor who requested them deadbeats.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:35 am

DISGUSTING!!!! and now other members of team CC have already begin to flood into this thread to try and bury this scandal!!!! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!-eJn
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jammyjames on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:14 am

Very little discussion / "guiding" going on in those games :lol:

I'm not moaning, I just found it slightly funny.

so where do I ask for a guide game? As my rank displays, I'm not a very competent player and would like a no point game with a HUMAN :D

Postby Swifte on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:17 am

Colonel Swifte

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:55 am

jammyjames wrote:Very little discussion / "guiding" going on in those games :lol:

WE WILL NOT LET THE FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF OUR BLIND DEFENSE FOR THE MASTER-FARMER!!! how dare you?!!! HOW! DARE! YOU! what about the children?!!-eJn
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jammyjames on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:30 am

owenshooter wrote:
jammyjames wrote:Very little discussion / "guiding" going on in those games :lol:

WE WILL NOT LET THE FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF OUR BLIND DEFENSE FOR THE MASTER-FARMER!!! how dare you?!!! HOW! DARE! YOU! what about the children?!!-eJn

Perhaps the direct approach from the Webmaster himself is aiding the decline.

Heck, even i've played new recruits and often asked them if they understand and offered them advice throughout the game...

To me, I would expect a GUIDE game to be just that. Pointing out how to play and play well every step of the way.

But heck... I guess I'm different =D> :-$

EDIT: Game 14585100 my case in point...

Followed up the first game with a doubles game (of which we lost as I had to go away on work), showing the new recruit another aspect of the site...

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:57 am

jammyjames wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

Perhaps the direct approach from the Webmaster himself is aiding the decline.

Heck, even i've played new recruits and often asked them if they understand and offered them advice throughout the game...

BW does try, as do most of the guides.
Example: Game 14800443

However, in 96% of these games the NR just starts the game and doesn't stick around long enough to play it. It gets tiring after a while, talking to someone who isn't there.

Also, it's tough to offer unsolicited help without sounding condescending. So, what most of the guides do is just offer a generic greeting, and then only answer questions as they are asked.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:47 am

Yeah, legitimized farming is totes cool.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby shickingbrits on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:53 am

I've had one new recruit respond in game chat.

I've suggested changes in the forum, such as pointing out the in-game chat, providing basics before the guide game, directing the guides to make the most effective approach.

At the end of the day, as a user, I would like a more vibrant site. If that can be a starting point for discussion, I'm sure we can come to some effective solutions on making that happen.

Feel free to make your suggestions, I'm sure they are appreciated. Guide games suck, but they are better than anything going.
Sergeant shickingbrits

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:48 pm

Wasn't there one person punished for farming while still providing advice to his opponents?

If what he said was true, then there was something better than guide games, but that innovation seemed to have been trampled to death and replaced with a legitimate form of farming.

By the way, does this new form of farming generally fails to attain the goals of giving advice and encouraging more games? If so, should it be discontinued? Should previous forms of farming be allowed?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Swifte on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:12 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Wasn't there one person punished for farming while still providing advice to his opponents?

If what he said was true, then there was something better than guide games, but that innovation seemed to have been trampled to death and replaced with a legitimate form of farming.

By the way, does this new form of farming generally fails to attain the goals of giving advice and encouraging more games? If so, should it be discontinued? Should previous forms of farming be allowed?

These games award no points.... it's not farming at all. The only point of the game is to try and help keep new people on the site. If the new recruits won't engage in chat.. there's not much you can do.
Colonel Swifte

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Swifte wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Wasn't there one person punished for farming while still providing advice to his opponents?

These games award no points.... it's not farming at all. The only point of the game is to try and help keep new people on the site. If the new recruits won't engage in chat.. there's not much you can do.

i believe there have been tons of suggestions put in. i guess its hard to go with them all. especially when you already have a vision for what you want the site to be. however good or bad it may be, when you reign as supreme cheif it is what usually gets done. i am personally a fan of dumbing down the site. or at best making settings. become available as you progress. but i think global chat, inventory, and this dumbass store is the hot ticket item for those that pull the strings. maybe this will start roping in new players. till then a site built for risk is not very good if you cant play a game of risk. ( you know what i mean optimistics)
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby demonfork on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:44 pm

That's messed up that people are farming the webmaster!
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:27 pm

shickingbrits wrote:I would like a more vibrant site.

hard to believe, but when we had 22K users, we actually had, JUST THAT!!! the good ol' days... back when lackattack played games, even though he sucked and didn't abuse his status as owner to farm newbies... sigh... the black jesus yearns for that golden era...-el Jesus negro
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby nietzsche on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:35 pm

Fix the god damn classic map and there won't be need of guide games.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby jammyjames on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:03 pm

Swifte wrote:

Did you even fully look through my post.

In order to engage in conversation and see if they would like assistance you have to outright ask...

That's what I do if i play NR's and 9/10 you will get conversation and questions asked / discussion beginnning.

Not just a little greeting and an "if you want help".

Postby Swifte on Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:50 pm

jammyjames wrote:
Swifte wrote:

Did you even fully look through my post.

In order to engage in conversation and see if they would like assistance you have to outright ask...

That's what I do if i play NR's and 9/10 you will get conversation and questions asked / discussion beginnning.

Not just a little greeting and an "if you want help".

Fine - he's not being the best guide he could be. I think your 9/10 number is greatly exaggerated. And my point was that it's not farming if no points are involved. I think the guide games are a good idea... how wham is executing them there is not ideal. That better?
Colonel Swifte

Postby shickingbrits on Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Jammyjames,

Why don't you show us how it's done?
Sergeant shickingbrits

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Swifte wrote:I think the guide games are a good idea... how wham is executing them there is not ideal. That better?

there goes that big volunteer paycheck... i hear the red cross is hiring volunteers for about the same pay...-el Jesus negro

Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Lord Arioch on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:31 pm

Well i allways write a greeting, and tell them im here to answer any questions ... nobody ever asks me anything except owenshooter...:) and thats most likely cause he wants stuff to his heathen vodoo rituals! :)
Major Lord Arioch

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:50 pm

Do these games count toward your win percentage?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby jammyjames on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:52 am

shickingbrits wrote:Jammyjames,

Why don't you show us how it's done?

Read the post... I gave a perfect example :roll:

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion