Conquer Club

Yet another dice complaint thread

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Yet another dice complaint thread

Postby bird45 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:21 pm

Just lost 21 troops attacking 3 took 1 fucking troop from my opponent but there is nothing wrong with the dice right? Gee I seem to get a hell of allot of 1 in a 100,000 or 1 in a million dice rolls way too many for it just to happen. Like my favorite of losing 3 terr 9 troops in first rd on a drop of 3 which I have never done but has happened to me multiple times.
Lieutenant bird45

Re: Yet another dice complaint thread

Postby TeeGee on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:18 pm

bird45 wrote:Just lost 21 troops attacking 3 took 1 fucking troop from my opponent but there is nothing wrong with the dice right? Gee I seem to get a hell of allot of 1 in a 100,000 or 1 in a million dice rolls way too many for it just to happen. Like my favorite of losing 3 terr 9 troops in first rd on a drop of 3 which I have never done but has happened to me multiple times.

you said attacking 1 in your other post, which one was it? And why isn't it reflected in your dice stats?
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby IcePack on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:23 pm

The dice stats were all positive when I looked
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:03 am

None of you critics understand. There is injustice because he believes that there is injustice, so posting about statistics or logic will not work. You will not confuse him with the facts.

Like many unjust dice believers, he will soon join the Great Decline, but the loss will be two-fold: we lose a member, and even worse his misery will not abate. He will forever be haunted by the specter of his misguided beliefs. In order to effectively counter this, we must post pictures of kittens. It is the only way.
Last edited by BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:03 am

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Arama86n on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:52 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:None of you critics understand. There is injustice because he believes that there is injustice, so posting about statistics or logic will not work. You will not confuse him with the facts.

Like many unjust dice believers, he will soon join the Great Decline, but the loss will be two-fold: we lose a member, and even worse his misery will not abate. He will forever be haunted by the specter of his misguided beliefs. In order to effectively counter this, we must post pictures of kittens. It is the only way.

:D That is easily the best post I've seen you make =D>
Though granted, I've probably only read 0.5% of your posts, if that.
Major Arama86n

Postby bird45 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:40 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:None of you critics understand. There is injustice because he believes that there is injustice, so posting about statistics or logic will not work. You will not confuse him with the facts.

What ever jerk off the point being nobody should lose 21 troops to to 1 it happens way to frequently and have similar losses though not as bad 15 to 2 now maybe if I had played like 10,000 gms I could see some of these events happening but not after only 900
Lieutenant bird45

Postby Donelladan on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:47 am

You played only 900, but the website played way more than 10 000. And do it everyday.
If we assume that the system send dice not for each indivual, but just in a row for everyone throwing them after another, then we should only look at the global statistic of all dice thrown each day by CC.
Can't we have that ?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby jammyjames on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:36 am

IcePack wrote:The dice stats were all positive when I looked

The dice stats mean f*ck all. Even if I rolled all 5's constantly, my dice stats would indicate my dice are very good. But when the opposing player constantly gets 6's I'll still lose every battle. Just a useless addition in which to bullshit the idiotic into keeping their mouths shut about dice.

The only thing of interest is battle outcomes, of which you can only display 25 battles (each "battle" being a single throw of 3/2 dice depending). This shows no correlation to how flawed the dice system really is.

If across 25 battles i lose horrifically in the first 12, then get average / acceptable dice for the remaining, although in the end across a long string it will even out It still royally fucks you up for the rest of the fight.

And these ridiculous like 21-3 losses I keep seeing, I guess there's a shit load of Solar "Bullshit" activity causing the dice to be so distant from the equilibrium. Never used to be this bad, I blame Global Warming!
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:03 am

bird45 wrote:

What ever jerk off the point being nobody should lose 21 troops to to 1 it happens way to frequently and have similar losses though not as bad 15 to 2 now maybe if I had played like 10,000 gms I could see some of these events happening but not after only 900

Can you specify these times when you've lost 21 troops taking 1? If it's so frequent you should at least be able to recall and source a handful of times when this has occurred.

Just another player who exaggerates and remembers the bad dice more than the good, like most who complain. I lost 18v2 once upon a time, 21v4, 23v6 and more. They all cost me games, but then other times I've won 11v10 without loss, 4v7 without loss and so has everyone else, they just don't notice or choose to ignore it.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:09 am

bird45 wrote:

I agree. Nobody--except my opponents, including you--should lose 21 troops to 1, but this isn't about normative claims. It's about statistics. In your world, it's about justice, so we're back to square one. Please scroll up for some kitten photos.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby degaston on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:27 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:...Please scroll up for some kitten photos.

Given that this site is filled with nerds playing an online board game, I'm sure those kittens are dead already.
universalchiro wrote:@degaston: whatever dude you win, you have it all figured out. You have out smarted even God.
Brigadier degaston

Return to Conquer Club Discussion