Conquer Club

Game Chat is Sanctioned Cheating

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Game Chat is Sanctioned Cheating

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 pm

BoganGod wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:I actually had an idea of making a post like the one that metsfan made, before either he or BBS made it. Thus, it's my intellect that's being violated by both of them.

If that were true, you would have cause to feel deliciously violated. However since we all know your sole creative outlet is condoning and encouraging the blurring of lines between different fora. We know you would not have had the thought you said you thought. Please admit that you have been dying to move this thread or duplicate it in both off topics, and clans.

I have been dying to duplicate this topic in clans, yes.

My feeling of having been violated continues unabated.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby BoganGod on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:19 pm

May I suggest to intensify your feeling. Prepare a tincture of salt, chili oil, and lime juice..... Apply to the party area, and enjoy the warmth.
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby Gweeedo on Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:52 pm

General Quigley wrote:Too bad there is no game option one can select when constructing a game that disallows ALL chat during the game among players. If there were, that is the pure form of the game, the true test of skill I would opt for.

As it is, CC gives rating benefits to game chat cheaters that makes ratings all but meaningless as a measure of skill. Rating points now go to the best verbal manipulator, not the best strategist. Case in point: Alex Everard. For that reason I now quit CC. Bye.

I am afraid you are mistaking.
I have reviewed some of your game chat.
It is clear; you do not have the skillz of Chat (yet you are as chatty as the rest).
First thing to learn is Game board etiquette; don't lambast other players, don't make predictions. Instead of declaring your suicidal ambitions against a player in chat, rather make a declaration of War on said player (in chat).
Don't take GG literally, bite your tongue and salute back with a GG.

This game is comprised of Luck (dice), Strategy (military movements and operations), Skill (skill in managing negotiations, handling people, etc.).

The nice thing about risk; players do not need skill, strategy, luck to play and win.
When my luck is running bad (always) I still play...in rebellion to the dice!
If you do not like chat, don't play with it.
Just put everybody on foe and you will not have to deal with chat anymore.

Welcome back.
Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Postby greenmind0428 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Serbia wrote:CC is based on Risk, a classic board game. And we all know the "purest" way to play any board game is in COMPLETE AND UTTER SILENCE. NOBODY SAYING A DAMN THING AS THREE OR MORE OF US PLAY A GAME WHILE SAT AROUND A TABLE TOGETHER.

Does it sound any more stupid yet?

Bollocks.

Shoot. If I wanted to play a world conquest game in silence, I'd just play Risk with my girlfriend at a local gaming cafe. She quits if I smack talk. :D
Private 1st Class greenmind0428

Postby tzor on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:10 am

I still want to know ... what is this thing called chat? I've been in so many games where the chat window is completely empty. I'm in a tournament now that's exceptionally chatty ...

And so it begins. Good luck everyone (better luck for myself).
hi and gl
enjoy yourselves all
howdy all, gl

Yea, that's kind of it. Rather dull, actually.
Cadet tzor

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:50 am

tzor wrote:I still want to know ... what is this thing called chat? I've been in so many games where the chat window is completely empty. I'm in a tournament now that's exceptionally chatty ...

And so it begins. Good luck everyone (better luck for myself).
hi and gl
enjoy yourselves all
howdy all, gl

Yea, that's kind of it. Rather dull, actually.

2014-09-26 19:50:28 - notyou2: Dull, chat is dull
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion