Conquer Club

Game Chat is Sanctioned Cheating

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Postby General Quigley on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:37 pm

Too bad there is no game option one can select when constructing a game that disallows ALL chat during the game among players. If there were, that is the pure form of the game, the true test of skill I would opt for.

As it is, CC gives rating benefits to game chat cheaters that makes ratings all but meaningless as a measure of skill. Rating points now go to the best verbal manipulator, not the best strategist. Case in point: Alex Everard. For that reason I now quit CC. Bye.
Lieutenant General Quigley

Postby General Quigley on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:38 pm

Too bad there is no game option one can select when constructing a game that disallows ALL chat during the game among players. If there were, that is the pure form of the game, the true test of skill I would opt for.

As it is, CC gives rating benefits to game chat cheaters that makes ratings all but meaningless as a measure of skill. Rating points now go to the best verbal manipulator, not the best strategist. Case in point: AlexEverard, master talker and baiter. For that reason I now quit CC. Bye.
Lieutenant General Quigley

Re: Game Chat is Sanctioned Cheating

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:51 am

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby jammyjames on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:44 am

General Quigley wrote:Too bad there is no game option one can select when constructing a game that disallows ALL chat during the game among players. If there were, that is the pure form of the game, the true test of skill I would opt for.

As it is, CC gives rating benefits to game chat cheaters that makes ratings all but meaningless as a measure of skill. Rating points now go to the best verbal manipulator, not the best strategist. Case in point: AlexEverard, master talker and baiter. For that reason I now quit CC. Bye.

Okay Bub, let's clear one thing up. Would you class "Verbal Manipluation" aside from strategy? As far as I can see, that's actually a very clever form of strategy.

Maybe you should up your Verbal Manipulation game, as it sounds like you're just pissed off you suck at it.
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby Serbia on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:24 am

CC is based on Risk, a classic board game. And we all know the "purest" way to play any board game is in COMPLETE AND UTTER SILENCE. NOBODY SAYING A DAMN THING AS THREE OR MORE OF US PLAY A GAME WHILE SAT AROUND A TABLE TOGETHER.

Does it sound any more stupid yet?

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:35 am

General Quigley wrote:Too bad there is no game option one can select when constructing a game that disallows ALL chat during the game among players. If there were, that is the pure form of the game, the true test of skill I would opt for.

It seems you struggle enough as it is, why make it true skill?
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:38 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Image

jammyjames wrote:Okay Bub, let's clear one thing up. Would you class "Verbal Manipluation" aside from strategy? As far as I can see, that's actually a very clever form of strategy.

Maybe you should up your Verbal Manipulation game, as it sounds like you're just pissed off you suck at it.

Serbia wrote:CC is based on Risk, a classic board game. And we all know the "purest" way to play any board game is in COMPLETE AND UTTER SILENCE. NOBODY SAYING A DAMN THING AS THREE OR MORE OF US PLAY A GAME WHILE SAT AROUND A TABLE TOGETHER.

Bollocks.

iAmCaffeine wrote:It seems you struggle enough as it is, why make it true skill?
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:54 am

i'm sorry, but i remember when we played the board game RISK, there was always talk between the players... truces, alliances, threats, etc... so, how is game chat any different than the verbal banter that occurs across an actual table/board game? i don't see this...-Jésus noir

risk board game fight. dice bitching in real life?!!! ha!!
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:55 am

i'm sorry, but i remember when we played the board game RISK, there was always talk between the players... truces, alliances, threats, etc... so, how is game chat any different than the verbal banter that occurs across an actual table/board game? i don't see this...-Jésus noir

risk board game fight. dice bitching in real life?!!! ha!!
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:27 am

Serbia wrote:CC is based on Risk, a classic board game. And we all know the "purest" way to play any board game is in COMPLETE AND UTTER SILENCE. NOBODY SAYING A DAMN THING AS THREE OR MORE OF US PLAY A GAME WHILE SAT AROUND A TABLE TOGETHER.

Bollocks.

It's even better if you can't even see the other players. All moves are sent to a central player who is the only one to arrange the map.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:36 am

General Quigley wrote:As it is, CC gives rating benefits to game chat cheaters that makes ratings all but meaningless as a measure of skill. Rating points now go to the best verbal manipulator, not the best strategist.

Verbal manipulation is an important part of strategy. Evidence: every war ever fought.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:46 am

OH!!! I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

The black jesus has busted your balls...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:11 am

Verbal manipulation is an important part of strategy. Evidence: every war ever fought.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:49 am

As it is, CC gives rating benefits to game chat cheaters that makes ratings all but meaningless as a measure of skill. Rating points now go to the best verbal manipulator, not the best strategist. Case in point: Alex Everard. For that reason I now quit CC. Bye.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:02 am

What the hell is happening to this thread?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:06 am

Metsfanmax wrote:What the hell is happening to this thread?

half of it is freaking gone in the other thread... all of it is gone in here.. whoever is on the mod controls needs a tutorial.. what a mess!! there was some comedic gold in there!!! leave the thread in there, just merge it!! jeez!!!-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:24 am

some mod came in and took out most of the posts in here and all of them in the other thread!! HMMM... that is too bad, because i figured it out!!! AND I'LL JUST POST IT AGAIN!!!! You are all welcome...

The black jesus has spoken..-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BoganGod on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Did the mod/hacker/uberdouche own their deletes. Surely not another case of police state moderation by faceless fascist bigots. We enforce the rules, according to our own interpretation. No you can't read those rules and guidelines. What you payed to play? Sorry your stupid
Waiting for an explanation......... Speaking of waiting, Samuel Beckett play about same is being "reimagined" should be interesting. Though maybe nothing has been changed.
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby BoganGod on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:44 pm

BoganGod wrote:Did the mod/hacker/uberdouche own their deletes. Surely not another case of police state moderation by faceless fascist bigots. We enforce the rules, according to our own interpretation. No you can't read those rules and guidelines. What you payed to play? Sorry your stupid
Waiting for an explanation......... Speaking of waiting, Samuel Beckett play about same is being "reimagined" should be interesting. Though maybe nothing has been changed.

Please note grammar and punctuation nazis. Errors in pink statement are deliberate, and in keeping with "voice" am channeling.

Postby BoganGod on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:46 pm

No admission from the mod/drool donor that fucked this up. So how do we open up an e-ticket about the abuse of power and stupidity that has gone on here.

Postby notyou2 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Everyone just shut the f*ck up and chill. I am trying to think of my next turn.
Captain notyou2

Postby Serbia on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:08 pm

By the way, no one should expect a response from the OP. He's sat in a corner somewhere by himself silently fuming about how unfair we all are for discussing his rant.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Serbia on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:11 pm

WHICH MOD IS DRUNK? Now that nag and I are gone, is there a mod who goes around drunk, fucking with shit? Or is this just complete incompetence? Got my money on incompetence.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Serbia on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:12 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Image

jammyjames wrote:Okay Bub, let's clear one thing up. Would you class "Verbal Manipluation" aside from strategy? As far as I can see, that's actually a very clever form of strategy.

Bollocks.

iAmCaffeine wrote:It seems you struggle enough as it is, why make it true skill?

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion