Conquer Club

Age limits on fora access?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Age limits on fora access?

Postby BoganGod on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:50 pm

Discuss.
Would having junior membership with limited access to fora allow for better conversation, and less pc policing?
<>
Are other members interested in being able to say more naughty words without fear of offending?
<>
Compulsory literacy tests? The number of lazy children on this site that just rudely write tldr(too long didn't read for the old people like myself) then attempt to join a conversation. Contributing some inane truth that fascinates them such as "Dogs do poos"

Those were my words
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Re: Age limits on fora access?

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Join the QQ/Wut/Anal Leakage usergroup
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby BoganGod on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:24 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Join the QQ/Wut/Anal Leakage usergroup

Are you a member? Is the group active? Now quit trolling and please address the points above. I would love to read your well thought out and measured response.

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Yes and yes
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:23 am

How could you enforce it? You can make your age anything you want on here, mine is 0. You would have to enter your age when registering, or upon trying to access the forum, and then not be able to change it again. But then how can you monitor that? What if a 34 year old puts his age in as 5 for a joke, then can't get access; he opens an e-ticket to change his birth date. But then a 14 year old does the same the opposite way around.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby BoganGod on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:09 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:How could you enforce it? You can make your age anything you want on here, mine is 0. You would have to enter your age when registering, or upon trying to access the forum, and then not be able to change it again. But then how can you monitor that? What if a 34 year old puts his age in as 5 for a joke, then can't get access; he opens an e-ticket to change his birth date. But then a 14 year old does the same the opposite way around.

I'm sure a basic comprehension test could be arranged. Though might exclude the stupid as well as the young.... Not necessarily a bad thing.

AoG in detail please you monosyllabic troll!

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:28 am

BoganGod wrote:I'm sure a basic comprehension test could be arranged. Though might exclude the stupid as well as the young.... Not necessarily a bad thing.

Of course, but there will always be issues with it.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby tzor on Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:13 pm

Not interested.
Immaturity and age are not always related.
Nor has age a factor in my personal list of people who I would love to see banned (from posting in the forum). :twisted:

(Do not ask if you are number one on my list; for if you do ask, you probably are.)
Cadet tzor

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:19 pm

am I number 2 on your list?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby tzor on Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:36 pm

No, silly, number 2 on the list is me, for wanting to ban number 1 on the list. :twisted:
Cadet tzor

Postby notyou2 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:27 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Yes and yes

Approximately 1 cm depending on your resolution.
Captain notyou2

Postby notyou2 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:28 pm

tzor wrote:Not interested.
Immaturity and age are not always related.
Nor has age a factor in my personal list of people who I would love to see banned (from posting in the forum). :twisted:

(Do not ask if you are number one on my list; for if you do ask, you probably are.)

Am I on your list?
Captain notyou2

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:19 am

I don't agree with censoring language completely, but I do agree with the rules that expect people not to be bigotted pieces of crap and use certain words that should never be used toward another human being regardless of their age, race, gender, culture etc. I guess that's too much to ask.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby TeeGee on Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:29 pm

I do not see internet babysitter listed in the description of my role as forum moderator

If parents are concerned by what there child reads or sees then they need to oversee the childrens internet activity. I have 7 children myself and I keep a close eye on what they do online, it is my responsibility, not some other website moderators.
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:28 pm

TeeGee wrote:I do not see internet babysitter listed in the description of my role as forum moderator

If parents are concerned by what there child reads or sees then they need to oversee the childrens internet activity. I have 7 children myself and I keep a close eye on what they do online, it is my responsibility, not some other website moderators.

Here, here, Gary!

But the question remains: during the years/months of your role as forum moderator, how often would you classify yourself as an "internet babysitter"?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby TeeGee on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:26 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
TeeGee wrote:I do not see internet babysitter listed in the description of my role as forum moderator

Here, here, Gary!

But the question remains: during the years/months of your role as forum moderator, how often would you classify yourself as an "internet babysitter"?

Only when you are online :P

Seriously, I never really have, and if it ever came to a point where that is what I thought, then I would probably leave the site
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby owenshooter on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:35 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:

Here, here, Gary!

no, the question remains, "who figured Gary for a cat guy?"...-JĆ©sus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:43 am

Shannon Apple wrote:I don't agree with censoring language completely, but I do agree with the rules that expect people not to be bigotted pieces of crap and use certain words that should never be used toward another human being regardless of their age, race, gender, culture etc. I guess that's too much to ask.

Why are you even here? Shoo.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:54 am

Shannon Apple wrote:I don't agree with censoring language completely, but I do agree with the rules that expect people not to be bigotted pieces of crap and use certain words that should never be used toward another human being regardless of their age, race, gender, culture etc. I guess that's too much to ask.

Personally, I don't think any language online should be censored. Ive always believed that if people get offended, or get their feeling hurt because of something some dolt said, they can always x out of the page/foe/ignore etc the person who offended them. Its always better to let people deal with these issues on their own. It makes sense, and deals with the out of control politically correct nonsense that runs rampant in today's society. Now... If cc wants to legislate language? They're a private entity and can do so at will... I just don't personally buy into it. Isn't it better if people were strong enough to deal with words instead of looking for the authority to protect their sensitive feelings?
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:44 pm

I think bogan should grow up and take more creatine.
I think shannon should post drunk once in a while.
I think that the black jesus should sign in spanish as he is ruining his trademark.
I think teegee should have less children (give some away or abandon a couple in nearby woods; chose the most annoying ones).
I think that coffee boy should stop pretending he s a posh attorney.
I think that tzor should stop thinking rubik cubes are way cool.
I think that RHP should stop changing his profile pics with other almost identical profile pics every 2 weeks, this isn t tinder nor grinder.
Major betiko

Postby notyou2 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:30 pm

Let chaos reign.
Captain notyou2

Postby BoganGod on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:22 pm

betiko wrote:I think bogan should grow up and take more creatine.
I think that the black jesus should sign in spanish as he is ruining his trademark.
I think teegee should have less children (give some away or abandon a couple in nearby woods; chose the most annoying ones).
I think that RHP should stop changing his profile pics with other almost identical profile pics every 2 weeks, this isn t tinder nor grinder.

I think this is the best evidence thus far that betiko doesn't think.........
I propose some truth in posting from betiko. Substitute I think, with, my fantasy is that.......

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:54 pm

betiko wrote:I think bogan should grow up and take more creatine.

In the interest of accuracy (not that that should get in ur way) the latest pic was posted in June, the one before that was up for years. If u don't like it, don't look. If ur jealous, sorry about that. Some other reason for commenting on another guys picture? Well, that's ur deal... I didn't post it for dudes to look at, so ur comment is both unfortunate and awkward. As to you? You're simultaneously the most boring, remedial, and least witty person who posts on here. And this will be the last time I waste my time responding to ur lame, unprovoked attacks
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby tigerbob on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:37 pm

BoganGod wrote:<>
Are other members interested in being able to say more naughty words without fear of offending?
<>

I'm interested in being able to read the fora without being subjected to profane language. If you can't make your point without it you should try harder. I can overlook it but I shouldn't have to. I also don't care to read rude and mean spirited posts and can and do ignore them as much as I can. (flame away) I looked into foeing some individuals when I first joined the site but there's not an option to just ignore someone's chat or posts without locking yourself out of games with them and I don't care for that. Not that it would have mattered because I haven't had any games with anyone I would have foed anyway that I recall. I've only foed two people and I'm pretty sure both of those where the result of rude comments in game chat, not from forum posts.

i was actually impressed that I could read this thread without being bombarded by offensive language.
Sergeant tigerbob

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:10 pm

We should have IQ limits on fora access.

Unfortunately that means iAmCrappiene won't be allowed on. Sorry friend =(
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion