Conquer Club

How to Play Conquer World: the Basics

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: How to Play Conquer World: the Basics

Postby tiger8mush on Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:01 pm

I click the yellow-bordered hexagon "inner reams" and click the "enter" button but nothing happens. Done this like 10 times. No clue how to join a game.

edited to add - suddenly, I now see two "active games". Interesting, I'll check them out and will update shortly :)

edit2 - looks like i was able to deploy troops in a few games. Waiting for my next turn, see how it goes :)
Lieutenant tiger8mush

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:42 pm

tiger8mush wrote:I click the yellow-bordered hexagon "inner reams" and click the "enter" button but nothing happens. Done this like 10 times. No clue how to join a game.

edited to add - suddenly, I now see two "active games". Interesting, I'll check them out and will update shortly :)

edit2 - looks like i was able to deploy troops in a few games. Waiting for my next turn, see how it goes :)

Glad to see you were able to figure it out. Keep us posted if you any questions. Honestly though, trial and error is still the best way to learn the game.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby tiger8mush on Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:18 pm

thanks DoomYoshi. I have about 30 games going. Most are against the robot. Agonizing waiting for it to take a turn so I just keep creating new games :)

So one big thing it took me a while to understand is I cannot attack unless I have 2+ troops (just like Risk).
Some of the treasure chests are very difficult/impossible to open up. Any hints?
How do you use a portal? Do I have to attack it? Doesn't let me move onto it. Do I need to use a card?
In a couple of games, there are neutral military roaming around. Will they attack if I let them roam free? Do I gain anything by attacking/defeating them?
thanks!
Lieutenant tiger8mush

Postby tiger8mush on Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:10 pm

To answer a couple of my previous questions, doesn't seem like the neutral armies ever attack you. And the larger/stronger treasure chests just require stronger + more tech-advanced troops to defeat. Still not sure how to use a portal.

My main complaint/gripe is the lag when you make a move. For example, in some games vs RandBot, i just need to get to his side of the map to win the game, like 10 moves away. But I first have to "start turn", then lag. Don't use any cards, then lag. Don't attack anything, then lag. Finally make a move, then lag. End turn, more lag with RandBot making his turn, etc.

Or if you are in a huge game where 2 opponents battling each have 50+ troops and you are fighting on multiple fronts. I want to put 10 troops onto a hex, its one a time with lag in between each placement. Then attacking, same thing.

Otherwise, having fun thanks!
Lieutenant tiger8mush

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:41 pm

tiger8mush wrote:thanks DoomYoshi. I have about 30 games going. Most are against the robot. Agonizing waiting for it to take a turn so I just keep creating new games :)

So one big thing it took me a while to understand is I cannot attack unless I have 2+ troops (just like Risk).
Some of the treasure chests are very difficult/impossible to open up. Any hints?
How do you use a portal? Do I have to attack it? Doesn't let me move onto it. Do I need to use a card?
In a couple of games, there are neutral military roaming around. Will they attack if I let them roam free? Do I gain anything by attacking/defeating them?
thanks!

Somehow I didn't see any of this until today.

Stacks of 1 are the most efficient for making money and spreading out but eventually you need bigger stacks.
Don't waste your time on the big treasure chests until you can afford it. Basically, all the normal attack bonuses help. Use the garrison building to give +1 attack dice.
A portal needs to be moved into to use. If you are losing a game, try to rush tier 3 tech and then build a portal and escape into the next game.
Neutral troops are great. They usually result from bombarding. There are two amazing things from neutrals. First, you can kill them (not bombard) and get a card every turn. Just like real risk, cards every turn are super important. However, the real juice of them is that advancing after attack does not use up movement points. If you bombard the heck out of your enemy, you leave a trail of neutrals. Then, next turn move your doom stack against the chain of neutrals. You can clear him away completely (or he can clear them away and get to you fast).

I don't have any lag usually when I play, but I have a souped up computer and internet connection.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby tiger8mush on Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:28 pm

thanks Doom, very neat insight!
Lieutenant tiger8mush

Postby BenWagner on Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:06 am

Thanks a lot! What a great community. I'd like to try this game on.
New Recruit BenWagner

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:19 am

I cannot attack the LAST territory owned by opponent: 3843, Round 84

any suggestions?

There are very few buttons that I see, so I do not see the cause of the problem.
Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:23 am

I see now that I am playing Conquer and NOT Conquer World. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

jusplay4fun wrote:I cannot attack the LAST territory owned by opponent: 3843, Round 84

any suggestions?

There are very few buttons that I see, so I do not see the cause of the problem.
Major jusplay4fun

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:10 am

jusplay4fun wrote:I cannot attack the LAST territory owned by opponent: 3843, Round 84

any suggestions?

I don't know anything about Conquer, except that it's a RISK minigame.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby awhite95 on Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:54 am

:D thanks i really needed that..
New Recruit awhite95

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:44 pm

Is anybody still playing CW?

I know I gave up a while back. Would be nice to hear from someone who stuck with it.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion