Conquer Club

question about Beta

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

question about Beta

Postby concrete on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:15 am

I am not up on the map making part of this site. Can someone explain why no maps have come out of Beta for a long time?
The only thing I can come up with is there is no one in the position to push it/them through.....just wondering whats up with that?
Captain concrete

Location: Highest score...3251 /#49 .... sitters: RKCVED, scottp

Re: question about Beta

Postby 2dimes on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:26 am

Didn't all the guys making maps leave?

Sure there might be one left but I know a few that were responsible for many maps that actually were finished have buggered off.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby concrete on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:30 am

2dimes wrote:Didn't all the guys making maps leave?

Sure there might be one left but I know a few that were responsible for many maps that actually were finished have buggered off.

I knew a lot of the map makers left, does that effect the maps that are in beta, and why they have sat there.....some of them for years.
Captain concrete

Location: Highest score...3251 /#49 .... sitters: RKCVED, scottp

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:35 am

It depends on the state of the map but the mapmaker is needed to push through the next stage from Beta to Quenched. There have been conversations about making beta maps that are sound go live, but others like Pirates & Merchants will never go live until they’re fixed since Beta has highlighted serious issues with the map.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby 2dimes on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:13 am

concrete wrote:

I knew a lot of the map makers left, does that effect the maps that are in beta, and why they have sat there.....some of them for years.

Sorry, I miss-read that and figured you meant, "Why have no maps entered beta." My bad as the kids say.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby IcePack on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:47 pm

concrete wrote:

Betas been pretty dead for awhile, and only thing recently has been Whams project Conquer Forces. Maps also been mostly dead, but as others have pointed out some maps have issues and without map maker will never leave beta.

Whether or not they eventually get removed / deleted off beta idk, Iancanton is around to process new maps, just very few / very little of anything going on in that regards for ages now.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Ltrain on Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:39 pm

How's that 2015 Women's world cup map coming? lololol. Was gonna ask this same question but searched first, basically answered my question.
Captain Ltrain

Return to Conquer Club Discussion