Conquer Club

Fyrdraca, JPlo64, groovysmurf - is this poor sportmanship?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Is exploiting these rules loophole poor sportmanship?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes : 70

Re: Fyrdraca, JPlo64, groovysmurf - is this poor sportmanshi

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:50 pm

HardAttack wrote:he is an idealist, % 100, very opposite of populism... he is not going to praise something that he does not believe to gain popularity, not going to compromise.
he is a kind and ok person...

Then why start a public poll? If he isn't going to respect the opinion of the public which HE ASKED FOR BY STARTING THIS THREAD AFTER HE WAS RULED AGAINST BY MODS, then why start it at all?

HardAttack wrote:those who has got not little idea about josko,
please stop doing character analysis, since you have got no idea.

Sorry if his ego wasn't stroked in the way he expected, but that is the cost of trying to outwardly troll others.
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:00 pm

hopalong wrote:Here's a quote from someone who doesnt care about the poll results:
josko.ri wrote:My team will anyway beat Fyrdraca team in the series of 9 sets so the win that they achieved on this shameful way will anyway be phyrric. Hopefully this shameful way of winning makes Fydraca and his company of friends happy and fullfilled =D>

When they did not use such shameful strategy, in group phase of the championships tournament, my team kicked their asses with 6-0 victory, which shows enough how much are strategic differences between our teams. With such strategic inferiority, it is no wonder that they thought of different ways for achieving their win which are on the borderline of good sportmanship. =D>

you give the impression that all you care about is winning. you have filled your own thread, whose OP ended with 'I am looking forward to hear opinions from the CC community on this matter.', with numerous posts talking about your win % vs other players and your upcoming wins in various tournaments that you havent even qualified for their final stages.

This post wins. It's the same point mook made above. If you don't care about the poll, why bother asking?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:24 pm

ive got a good stat

90% of the posts in this thread are not worth reading, and about 70% of those posts are made by people who aren't worth reading, 98.5% of the time

you're welcome
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby hopalong on Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:57 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
hopalong wrote:Here's a quote from someone who doesnt care about the poll results:
josko.ri wrote:My team will anyway beat Fyrdraca team in the series of 9 sets so the win that they achieved on this shameful way will anyway be phyrric. Hopefully this shameful way of winning makes Fydraca and his company of friends happy and fullfilled =D>

When they did not use such shameful strategy, in group phase of the championships tournament, my team kicked their asses with 6-0 victory, which shows enough how much are strategic differences between our teams. With such strategic inferiority, it is no wonder that they thought of different ways for achieving their win which are on the borderline of good sportmanship. =D>

you give the impression that all you care about is winning. you have filled your own thread, whose OP ended with 'I am looking forward to hear opinions from the CC community on this matter.', with numerous posts talking about your win % vs other players and your upcoming wins in various tournaments that you havent even qualified for their final stages.

This post wins. It's the same point mook made above. If you don't care about the poll, why bother asking?

WINNER :!: =D> :!: :idea:
When do I get my General Achievement medal?
Major hopalong

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:26 pm

hopalong wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby hopalong on Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:49 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
hopalong wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

sphinctersayswhat?!?
Major hopalong

Postby josko.ri on Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:27 am

mookiemcgee wrote:
HardAttack wrote:he is an idealist, % 100, very opposite of populism... he is not going to praise something that he does not believe to gain popularity, not going to compromise.
he is a kind and ok person...

Then why start a public poll? If he isn't going to respect the opinion of the public which HE ASKED FOR BY STARTING THIS THREAD AFTER HE WAS RULED AGAINST BY MODS, then why start it at all?

You are discussing some untrue facts. Mods ruled that no rule was broken but that this is bad sportmanship, so mods ruled in favor of The poll from this thread.

Topic of this thread is whether this is bad sportmanship or not, topic of this thread is not asking for replay.

If i conclude if this is bad sportmanship based by mod's opinion then answer is YES, because both Mad777 and king achilles concluded it is bad sportmanship.

My mistake in making this poll, which i realize just now, is putting names of Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf in the thread title. On this way, the title itself attracted a lot of their friends to come here because who would not want to read and disucuss public calling out of your own friends? Naturally, then their friends voted no to help their case.

Official ruling of this case by TOs was clearly stated and stays that it is not against rules but is bad sportmanship.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Keefie on Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:38 am

After 79% of the votes have been ruled insignificant, josko has been declared the winner with a whopping 21% majority.

In honour of this and in recognition that he's the best player of all time, a tribute to josko will be put on the sign up page.

josko we salute you.

Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby josko.ri on Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:43 am

Fyrdraca wrote:So hopalong was speaking the truth. You might have asked the TOs about it once the game happened, and I believe that you probably did, but you never mentioned it to us until the point at which it was clear that it was the deciding game of the set.

What is bad in this? Many times we have suspicions that something is against rules but we report it only of its impact matters. What is purpose of reporting something with no meaningful impact?

I was really busy in private life in late May which may be documented by my missing turn in rail europe while otherwise i almost never missed any turn. So i reported this matter to you with delay, but what is changed by reporting it with delay? If you think this is not bad sportmanship in May, you also think the same in June so reporting it to you with delay does not essentially change anything. Or am I thinking wrong? What would be different if I had reported this matter to you in May?
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Elaterate on Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:23 am

OP:
josko.ri wrote:I am looking forward to hear opinions from the CC community on this matter.

Days later:
josko.ri wrote:topic of this thread is not asking for replay.

:-s :-s :-s :roll:

OP:
josko.ri wrote:Note, I acknowledged that no official written rule was broken by them

Days later:
josko.ri wrote:Many times we have suspicions that something is against rules but we report it only of its impact matters.

8-[ :-s :-s 8-[

josko.ri wrote:If i conclude if this is bad sportmanship based by mod's opinion then answer is YES, because both Mad777 and king achilles concluded it is bad sportmanship.

mookiemcgee wrote:Then why start a public poll?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

fyi...

josko.ri wrote:What is purpose of reporting something with no meaningful impact?

No surprise you'd say something like this. There is no meaningful impact to you if someone robs your bank but if you see it happening you should report it. It's called being a decent human :-$ and being the type to just stand by and let it happen just because it has no meaningful impact on you is very selfish.

and you could've put no names in the headline and the %s would be very similar ;)
Major Elaterate

Postby josko.ri on Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:52 am

If someone robs bank that IS meaningful impact. I would report it if i see. In contrary look at yourself Elaterate. All your purpose coming to this thread was to undermine me. With no single word did you actively contribute to the actual topic of this thread. THAT says which kind of human being you are.

We say in Croatia that behind worthy horse even dust is lifting up. Obviously, i am worthy horse because my thread lifted a lot of dust and comments from many members. But which kind of horse are you? So many posts by you but Not even single person commented on your nonsense and rubbish presented here. I know you also want to be worthy horse as me but please try harder baby, when you have no talent then it is hard to achieve big things ;)
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Ruffington on Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:22 am

I said I would comment only once but, but.

I am happy to see Josko realized one of the things that I reacted very hard on when pointing out this as misusing statistics was just how the poll was labelled and hence I didnt vote myself despite the concerned players are in my Clan. Adding information which is not needed for the primarily question itself bias the result. Have that in mind when creating polls etc. Get rid of unecessary information (typical personal information how tempting it might be).

"My mistake in making this poll, which i realize just now, is putting names of Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf in the thread title."
Major Ruffington

Postby Elaterate on Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:48 am

josko.ri wrote:If someone robs bank that IS meaningful impact. I would report it if i see. In contrary look at yourself Elaterate. All your purpose coming to this thread was to undermine me (not true). With no single word did you actively contribute to my opinion fixed. THAT says which kind of human being you are.

We say in Croatia that behind worthy horse even dust is lifting up. Obviously, i am worthy horse because my thread lifted a lot of dust and comments from many members (you/anyone could start a thread about farts and it would create just as much "dust"). But which kind of horse are you? So many posts by you but Not even single person commented on your nonsense (more lies but wish it where true) and rubbish presented here. I know you also want to be worthy horse as me (not even close to being true lol) but please try harder baby (I'm a DUDE! and don't swing that way), when you have no talent then it is hard to achieve big things ;)

I see you are talented at lying or just bad at reading, not sure which. If any words below confuse just let me know...

First thing I said on this thread.... "You asked multiple times for someone to go digging and the first person to show some sort of similar evidence is just doing it to undermine you??"

Call it aggressive constructive criticism ;) Could give you some more but know it would be pointless. Also one of many questions and/or comments by the community you where " looking forward to hear opinions from", that you completely ignored. :roll:

No talent but I could easily get 200 medals in under 7500 games if I wanted to (without help).... ok then ;)

since you are "claiming" you missed it...

mookiemcgee wrote:
Elaterate wrote:
Is it bad sportsmanship to play within the rules set? f*ck NO!

Is it bad sportsmanship to complain about a "loophole" someone used to defeat you, when you in fact have used the same loophole to win a GAME before? f*ck YES!

+1

This sums up this thread nicely.

OP creates poll, poll doesn't go his way. OP tries to justify poll not going his way. OP continues to self-flagellate, and attempts to change topic to be about how great he is.

Josko you are a great player, but this is such a petty thread. It doesn't reflect well on you as a person, or as a 'sportsman'.
Major Elaterate

Postby josko.ri on Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:35 am

mookiemcgee wrote:
Elaterate wrote:
Is it bad sportsmanship to play within the rules set? f*ck NO!

Is it bad sportsmanship to complain about a "loophole" someone used to defeat you, when you in fact have used the same loophole to win a GAME before? f*ck YES!

+1

This sums up this thread nicely.

OP creates poll, poll doesn't go his way. OP tries to justify poll not going his way. OP continues to self-flagellate, and attempts to change topic to be about how great he is.

Josko you are a great player, but this is such a petty thread. It doesn't reflect well on you as a person, or as a 'sportsman'.

In the game where i used this loophole i wrote this:

josko.ri: "In team games and in 1v1 games I ask my opponents do they agree to use that strategy and I use it only if they agree. however in multiplayer games I cannot ask everyone for agreement"

So whenjudging my actions then put them in context not out of context. The context was that i used this strategy in NUCLEAR MULTIPLAYER BATTLE ROYALE game where everyone was using it. Take majority of such game as example, read the logs, and you will see that one or more player used this strategy. Therefore, if i dont use then i am at strategical disadvantage.

And now, if you put my actions into REAL context then it comes second part of myquote when I say that in team and 1v1 games i would never purposedly use this strategy unless my opponents agree. As i didnt ask Fyrdraca team to agree on its usage that means that i would surely not use this strategy evenif i had a chance. Therefore, the fact they used it gave them unfair strategic advantage.

Elaterate, when you have no arguments the only optionfor you is to strike at me out of context. But people are not dumb, they easily recognize your ill intentions.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Elaterate on Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:00 am

josko.ri wrote:.... where everyone was using it. Take majority of such game as example, read the logs, and you will see that one or more player used this strategy....

You make this too easy... which is it? Everyone was using it or one or two players? I took nothing out of context, you are just having a hard time understanding a simple point.

It doesn't matter what the settings are/where. It's a "loophole" you have used to win games and now you are complaining about something you've done yourself.

It's not against the rules so there's nothing to really complain about.

Start a new poll: Should this loophole be changed?

I'll be the first to vote yes! ;)
Major Elaterate

Postby josko.ri on Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:06 am

Elaterate, why i am not surprised that you by no word commented second part of my post, where i clearly said that i would never use this loophole in 1v1 or team games without getting agreement from my opponent?

This is exactly what Fyrdraca and his team did, so whenyou want to compare then please compare apples with apples, not apples with pears.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:19 am

Elaterate wrote:
josko.ri wrote:.... where everyone was using it. Take majority of such game as example, read the logs, and you will see that one or more player used this strategy....

You make this too easy... which is it? Everyone was using it or one or two players? I took nothing out of context, you are just having a hard time understanding a simple point.

A majority of the skilled players in freestyle brs used this strategy, me included (though I like to think I only used it when I knew the opposition would too).

It doesn't matter what the settings are/where. It's a "loophole" you have used to win games and now you are complaining about something you've done yourself.

The consequences are quite different, and I would not consider the loopholes to be the same at all. Imo this is illustrated by the fix for one but not for the other too.

It's not against the rules so there's nothing to really complain about.

12h FoW is also worth complaining about, which is also not against the rules. Even worse, see the recent controversy on the different interpretations of the FoW rule in Clans.

Start a new poll: Should this loophole be changed?

I'll be the first to vote yes! ;)

Agreed, but how? Imo through standard rules in official tournaments.

Ruffington wrote:I said I would comment only once but, but.

I am happy to see Josko realized one of the things that I reacted very hard on when pointing out this as misusing statistics was just how the poll was labelled and hence I didnt vote myself despite the concerned players are in my Clan. Adding information which is not needed for the primarily question itself bias the result. Have that in mind when creating polls etc. Get rid of unecessary information (typical personal information how tempting it might be).

"My mistake in making this poll, which i realize just now, is putting names of Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf in the thread title."

Disagree on the happiness of the statement because it seems to be due of the result. Naming and shaming is always bad, even if the majority opinion would be with Josko. It illustrates a victim mindset while the thread should be neutral:
Josko wrote:My mistake in making this poll, which i realize just now, is putting names of Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf in the thread title. On this way, the title itself attracted a lot of their friends to come here because who would not want to read and disucuss public calling out of your own friends? Naturally, then their friends voted no to help their case.

If the poll showed the opposite numbers, would you also have regarded this point? People coming to your support because of your name or because of a dislike towards Fyr, JP and Groovy?

For the record I came here because OPs by Josko are generally an interesting read and enjoyable threads to follow whether I agree or disagree.

Edit: I fucked up my [/quote]'s
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby Elaterate on Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:47 am

josko.ri wrote:Elaterate, why i am not surprised that you by no word commented second part of my post, where i clearly said that i would never use this loophole in 1v1 or team games without getting agreement from my opponent?

Elaterate wrote:It doesn't matter what the settings are/where
THIS is commenting on the second part... try to keep up.

Since you have made the statement: "In team games and in 1v1 games I ask my opponents do they agree to use that strategy... " numerous times now I did a quick check of OVER HALF of your 520 team games with zombie and nuke settings and couldn't find one where you asked your opponents if they where ok with using the strategy... Can you provide proof of this please? (plural, as in your quotes)

Extreme Ways wrote:The consequences are quite different, and I would not consider the loopholes to be the same at all. Imo this is illustrated by the fix for one but not for the other too.

Consequences are different for sure yes BUT the REASON for using the "strategy" is the same and that is to give yourself an advantage or your opponent a disadvantage because of the card loss... to help you win.

So IN MY OPINION it doesn't matter what the settings are. This game was designed to give you a spoil/card if you take a territory on your turn unless you're playing No Spoils. When they changed it for Zombie/Nukes they should've changed it for all spoils involving cards.

And to complain about something you've done yourself is...

mookiemcgee wrote:petty

in my opinion only :-$
Major Elaterate

Postby Conchobar on Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:54 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Conchobar wrote:So has this thread just turned into all of us being forced to watch josko wank himself off? Can admin kindly close it down now please? :sick:

Are you feeling well? GD has been dead for at least a year. We finally have a moderately energetic thread, and you would suggest shutting it down?

Yeah no never mind, scratch that. I just didn't like that it had turned from a josko's bullshit thread to a josko stroking his ridiculously inflated ego thread. :roll:
But now I've got 4 more pages to catch up on so I'm totally on board and breaking out the popcorn... :lol: =D>
Colonel Conchobar

Postby josko.ri on Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:57 am

Elaterate wrote:
josko.ri wrote:Elaterate, why i am not surprised that you by no word commented second part of my post, where i clearly said that i would never use this loophole in 1v1 or team games without getting agreement from my opponent?

Elaterate wrote:It doesn't matter what the settings are/where
THIS is commenting on the second part... try to keep up.

Since you have made the statement: "In team games and in 1v1 games I ask my opponents do they agree to use that strategy... " numerous times now I did a quick check of OVER HALF of your 520 team games with zombie and nuke settings and couldn't find one where you asked your opponents if they where ok with using the strategy... Can you provide proof of this please? (plural, as in your quotes)

Extreme Ways wrote:The consequences are quite different, and I would not consider the loopholes to be the same at all. Imo this is illustrated by the fix for one but not for the other too.

Consequences are different for sure yes BUT the REASON for using the "strategy" is the same and that is to give yourself an advantage or your opponent a disadvantage because of the card loss... to help you win.

So IN MY OPINION it doesn't matter what the settings are. This game was designed to give you a spoil/card if you take a territory on your turn unless you're playing No Spoils. When they changed it for Zombie/Nukes they should've changed it for all spoils involving cards.

And to complain about something you've done yourself is...

mookiemcgee wrote:petty

in my opinion only :-$

I toldi WOULD ask opponents for permission in 1v1 and team games IF i want to use this loophole. But since i have never asked that simply means that I wwould NEVER use this loophole in 1v1 and teamgames. And I never used it indeed.

Now, the fact that Fyrdraca team used it means they are playing by advantageus rules. I would never use it but they used it and this loophole gifted them win.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:06 am

josko.ri wrote:Now, the fact that Fyrdraca team used it means they are playing by advantageus rules. I would never use it but they used it and this loophole gifted them win.

Once burned is twice warned, or something? Imo you're free to use the strategy in your (non-clan)games too against the lot.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby josko.ri on Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:09 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
josko.ri wrote:Now, the fact that Fyrdraca team used it means they are playing by advantageus rules. I would never use it but they used it and this loophole gifted them win.

Once burned is twice warned, or something? Imo you're free to use the strategy in your (non-clan)games too against the lot.

I am free and everyone is free. However i consider it bad sportmanship so i wouldnever use it.

Same is with 12 hour fog rule. Nobody needs to follow it. But the ones who do not follow it would be considered bad sportmanship by majority.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:41 am

Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby TeeGee on Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:46 am

hopalong wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

Would you settle for a Pink conquer star?
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:06 am

Conchobar wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Conchobar wrote:So has this thread just turned into all of us being forced to watch josko wank himself off? Can admin kindly close it down now please? :sick:

Are you feeling well? GD has been dead for at least a year. We finally have a moderately energetic thread, and you would suggest shutting it down?

Yeah no never mind, scratch that. I just didn't like that it had turned from a josko's bullshit thread to a josko stroking his ridiculously inflated ego thread. :roll:
But now I've got 4 more pages to catch up on so I'm totally on board and breaking out the popcorn... :lol: =D>

=D> =D>

More than anything else on this site, I miss Blitzaholic.

"First 5 players with 30 medals"
followed by...
"First 5 players with 35 medals" (is anyone surprised that someone who made the first list also made the second?)
followed by...
"First 5 players with 40 medals"

:lol:

Josko is a lovable old braggart, but he's no Blitz.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion