Conquer Club

the therapeutic value of Conquer club membership!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

the therapeutic value of Conquer club membership!

Postby Rasberry on Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:40 pm

There is therapeutic value in taking out all your frustrations in conquer club battles !

Over the last 6 or 7 years now Conquer club has enabled me to be a better version of myself at home and at work .

for a measly 9$ bucks a month I have saved 1000's of dollars in therapy and other mental health treatments.

I am not condoning bad behaviour please dont get me wrong .

I am just saying that leaving a lot of frustrations on the fantasy battle field where it belongs can really help .

I have recommended it to others whom have also joined and they also agree .

I guess emotional balance can be a by product of megalomaniacle world conquest !!

And I do actually miss being insulted by Risklama every day !

who tamed the llamma anyway?

cheers!
Sergeant 1st Class Rasberry

Re: the therapeutic value of Conquer club membership!

Postby Rasberry on Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:10 pm

I just realized the obnoxious quick witted remarks of risklama are blocked out because I have him in my Foe column .

there fore perhaps he has not been tamed .

just cannot endure another game with him so in the Foe column he remains .

with the other 186 foes I have !

forget that last post !

sorry!

Postby general cod on Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:39 am

'Llama' is not for taming, he is a wild smelly creature.
Lieutenant general cod

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:38 am

I ride my bicycle for therapy and exercise (weather permitting). For a personal challenge, last summer I joined a local bicycle group and ride 25-31 miles once a week. I ride about 12 mph (19.3 kph) for that ride and feel tired but accomplished after the ride. I usually ride between 35 and 90 minutes most other days; the long ride takes about 2.5 hours and that is a lot of time for me on a bicycle seat.

We often use the VCT to start our rides:

The Virginia Capital Trail (VCT) is a dedicated, paved bicycle and pedestrian trail crossing four counties and 51.7 miles (83.2 km) between Jamestown and Richmond, Virginia — that is, between the Colony of Virginia's first capital and Virginia's current capital.

Construction on the trail, informally called the Cap Trail, or simply the Cap, began in 2006 and completed in October 2015.[1] Its zero mile marker at Jamestown is directly adjacent to Jamestown Settlement and near the foot of the Colonial Parkway — a scenic road linking Jamestown, Williamsburg and Yorktown. At Richmond, the trailhead is next to the James River at the downtown flood gates of Great Shiplock Park.

https://www.visitrichmondva.com/things-to-do/outdoors/va-capital-trail/?adara_id=69613&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2Yzb2cyC8gIVZOTjBx26Fw95EAAYASAAEgIBefD_BwE&utm_actcampaign=12627486211&utm_campaign=evg_outdoors_drive&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Capital_Trail#:~:text=The%20Virginia%20Capital%20Trail%20(VCT,and%20Virginia's%20current%20capital.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby danfrank on Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:34 pm

Rasberry wrote:
with the other 186 foes I have

Still, after 14 years of being a member of conquerclub , i have no foes on my list. In todays world, foeing a fellow gamer would be emulating cancel culture. ;)
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:22 am

Its impressive to me that you managed to get a 2.7 star rating. I really do hope that this therapy is working for your real life :shock:

I love that you have so many foes too. Based on a chat I just read from you, you are probably doing others a favor :lol:
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby BrutalBob on Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:54 pm

danfrank wrote:
Rasberry wrote:
with the other 186 foes I have

Still, after 14 years of being a member of conquerclub , i have no foes on my list. In todays world, foeing a fellow gamer would be emulating cancel culture. ;)

I was just thinking, 186 foes and a 2.7 rating, the foes probably arent the problem.

I have 6 foes and while i cant actually remember any of them or what they did, fair to say they probably deserve their place. I would actually be surprised if amy of them are still around
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:14 pm

While being a dick to others might be therapeutic to some, it might have the opposite affect on others going through similar emotional crap in their real life. While taking out frustrations, it's important to remember that what you say isn't fantasy, every person behind the usernames are real people with their own ups and downs in life.

I personally have a grand total of 2 people on my foe list. When I came back last year, I removed anyone else I might have put there over the years, and just kept two particularly punchable people there. :lol: I probably don't play enough games these days to come across some of CCs more "colourful" personalities, and I'm realy not missing much. Foe list is the place for people who can't control their urge to spew vitriol during a game. Haha!
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:35 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:While being a dick to others might be therapeutic to some, it might have the opposite affect on others going through similar emotional crap in their real life. While taking out frustrations, it's important to remember that what you say isn't fantasy, every person behind the usernames are real people with their own ups and downs in life.

I personally have a grand total of 2 people on my foe list. When I came back last year, I removed anyone else I might have put there over the years, and just kept two particularly punchable people there. :lol: I probably don't play enough games these days to come across some of CCs more "colourful" personalities, and I'm realy not missing much. Foe list is the place for people who can't control their urge to spew vitriol during a game. Haha!

Its funny, because I'm sure he may have 187 foes, but I'm sure many more people have him foed for the reason you state above. I personally use this as a therapeutic value to get away from such people and if I ever have to face the OP he will likely quickly enter my foe list so I don't have to deal with hateful spew. I don't have much fun yelling or harassing people as it seems he does :lol: Nor do I benefit from people doing so to me.
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Shannon Apple on Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:21 pm

Swimmerdude99 wrote:Its funny, because I'm sure he may have 187 foes, but I'm sure many more people have him foed for the reason you state above. I personally use this as a therapeutic value to get away from such people and if I ever have to face the OP he will likely quickly enter my foe list so I don't have to deal with hateful spew. I don't have much fun yelling or harassing people as it seems he does :lol: Nor do I benefit from people doing so to me.

It's also the reason I play games, to get away from stresses for a bit. I can't take that kind of nonsense if it's in real time because they're there bombarding you with vitriol, and it turns what should be fun into something kinda stressful. I don't play speed because of those kind of people. If it's a 24 hour game, it's different. You can walk away, then laugh at how ignorant the person is that's spilling the salt. If you're not in the mood for dealing with it, you still have several hours to leave and come back later.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rasberry on Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:27 am

here is a tissue for your issues boys and girls !

I coudnt give a rats ass either way !

I LIKE my life !

Postby general cod on Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:00 pm

Conquer club is about as therapeutic as watching the news. Many similarities such as full of lies, pricks and clueless do-gooders. To be fair though it's true CC is tailored bullshit on a small scale whereas the news is one large cow fields worth of shite, yeeeeehaaaaa
Lieutenant general cod

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:14 pm

general cod wrote:Conquer club is about as therapeutic as watching the news. Many similarities such as full of lies, pricks and clueless do-gooders. To be fair though it's true CC is tailored bullshit on a small scale whereas the news is one large cow fields worth of shite, yeeeeehaaaaa

Do you ever stop whining?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:30 am

Dukasaur wrote:
general cod wrote:Conquer club is about as therapeutic as watching the news. Many similarities such as full of lies, pricks and clueless do-gooders. To be fair though it's true CC is tailored bullshit on a small scale whereas the news is one large cow fields worth of shite, yeeeeehaaaaa

Do you ever stop whining?

What personality would be left if he stopped? :o
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby general cod on Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:49 pm

This is precisely the problem with society, just put up with the shit and don't worry about it! Bring back the days of revolution !!!

What personality would be left if he stopped?.... oh the kind of boring tit who goes to the local pool to swim 100 lengths i suppose
Lieutenant general cod

Postby general cod on Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:50 pm

Agreed lots of moaning tho :-) it's therapeutic :->
Lieutenant general cod

Postby Wile E Coyote on Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:32 am

Just scrolled through this thread! Some really funny stuff in there! How many enemies??? lol

I have had a few informal conversations with people who are clearly in need of support and help. or just a listening ear, its true we all come here for various reasons, but some find it a supportive community. So i go the other way!! lol

I want to offer to support people when they need it.

Beep beep!
Lieutenant Wile E Coyote

Postby Robespierre__ on Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:53 am

Shannon Apple wrote:
Swimmerdude99 wrote:Its funny, because I'm sure he may have 187 foes, but I'm sure many more people have him foed for the reason you state above. I personally use this as a therapeutic value to get away from such people and if I ever have to face the OP he will likely quickly enter my foe list so I don't have to deal with hateful spew. I don't have much fun yelling or harassing people as it seems he does :lol: Nor do I benefit from people doing so to me.

It's also the reason I play games, to get away from stresses for a bit. I can't take that kind of nonsense if it's in real time because they're there bombarding you with vitriol, and it turns what should be fun into something kinda stressful. I don't play speed because of those kind of people. If it's a 24 hour game, it's different. You can walk away, then laugh at how ignorant the person is that's spilling the salt. If you're not in the mood for dealing with it, you still have several hours to leave and come back later.

It must be just playing so many clan associated games and poly's but I don't run into anyone being an arse at this point. That existed in spades back in the day.

Robes
Colonel Robespierre__

Postby lexie3000 on Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:12 pm

I’ve often wondered whether CC provides an ideal substitute activity for problem gamblers. I find winning very rewarding and losing, while painful doesn’t hurt my pocket. I find it’s definitely addictive but not in anyway harmful.
Major lexie3000

Return to Conquer Club Discussion