Conquer Club

What are these stars?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

What are these stars?

Postby temporos on Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:50 am

Back on CC after a several year hiatus. I missed this game. :)

Something new (to me) I notice whenever I log in is I'm awarded a "star." This morning's was the "drab star." What are these? I did some searching and found that they're used in the tournaments, but I can't find a definition chart or listing of all the stars. I looked at my user profile, and I can't find a page that lists all the stars I've been awarded, either. What am I missing?
--
The Great and Powerful T.

... What? This is a game of global conquest, isn't it? ;)
Sergeant 1st Class temporos

Location: Earth, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Andromeda Group, Virgo Supercluster

Re: What are these stars?

Postby temporos on Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:06 am

Ah, never mind. I found them. They're inventory items that can be "sacrificed" to the "CC gods." LOL And I guess they're awarded at random...?
--

Location: Earth, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Andromeda Group, Virgo Supercluster

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:18 pm

temporos wrote:Ah, never mind. I found them. They're inventory items that can be "sacrificed" to the "CC gods." LOL And I guess they're awarded at random...?

A few are awarded at random on login. Various other events trigger star drops.

Many more are awarded for winning games. The probability of a star dropping on game win is directly proportional to the number of people in the game, so the chance of a star dropping in a four-player game is double the chance of a star dropping in a two-player game.

Some are awarded for winning various tournaments. These are deterministic and not random, and are listed in the tournament set-up.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby temporos on Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:16 pm

The inventory page says those stars can be sacrificed for the chance at something better. Is that just a better (rarer) star? Are the stars just for bragging rights, or is there something they're used for? I saw a bunch of stars mentioned on the tournament pages. Do you need to have those starts to participate, or are those the stars you get if you win?
--

Postby Shannon Apple on Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:37 pm

temporos wrote:The inventory page says those stars can be sacrificed for the chance at something better. Is that just a better (rarer) star? Are the stars just for bragging rights, or is there something they're used for? I saw a bunch of stars mentioned on the tournament pages. Do you need to have those starts to participate, or are those the stars you get if you win?

You can use them to enter certain auto tournaments.
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... urnaments1
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:43 pm

temporos wrote:The inventory page says those stars can be sacrificed for the chance at something better. Is that just a better (rarer) star?

Yes.

temporos wrote:Are the stars just for bragging rights, or is there something they're used for? I saw a bunch of stars mentioned on the tournament pages. Do you need to have those starts to participate, or are those the stars you get if you win?

Some of both. Tournaments will specify in their description if they are needed as an entry fee, and also if they are given to the winner.

Not all tournament need/give stars. All four combinations are possible:
  • Tourneys that cost stars to enter but don't give any.
  • Tourneys that pay out stars for winning but don't cost anything to enter.
  • Tourneys that do both.
  • Tourneys that do neither.
Read the description of each tournament. It's always specified if it has an entry fee, and what the reward is for winning.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Return to Conquer Club Discussion