Conquer Club

Missed Turns

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Missed Turns

Postby hammyshawn on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:56 pm

Has anyone thought about making it to where if you miss your turn, you have a chance to get it back the turn after the person after you? It seems that would be the most fair in any type of game since everyone deals with real life most of the time. If they miss that second chance after the first missed turn, then they could be booted right away. I think this would solve many of the waiting issues as well.
Corporal 1st Class hammyshawn

Re: Missed Turns

Postby Silly Knig-it on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:30 pm

Interesting idea but how would one program that?

Would it be fair to the people who made time for the game and/or arranged for a sitter to cover the turn? If I think I might miss I try to arrange for a sitter to check. I still miss a few and accept the consequences.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Capitiane Verte on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:47 pm

hammyshawn wrote:Has anyone thought about making it to where if you miss your turn, you have a chance to get it back the turn after the person after you? It seems that would be the most fair in any type of game since everyone deals with real life most of the time. If they miss that second chance after the first missed turn, then they could be booted right away. I think this would solve many of the waiting issues as well.

are you referring to games where a player misses their turn on purpose for advantage too? or just genuine missed turns
how do you then tell they are a genuine missed turn and how would other player/s in the game be advantaged or disadvantaged?
Sergeant 1st Class Capitiane Verte

Postby Deanos75 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:10 am

Hi All,

This is a very interesting idea.

I think i get what hammyshawn means...

Lets say its an 8 player game. Currently when you miss your turn does not come around again until everyone else has their turn (you wait another 7 turns). Instead, why not just you slot in after the next player up. Bit like a cab rank, you just slot one further back in the line. Would make the penalty for missing so much smaller.

In addition if you are going to deadbeat and miss 3 turns...its going to happen real quick...instead of...miss...7 others take a turn...miss...7 others....miss - it would be miss...next up takes their turn...miss...next up....miss - and your outta da ball game.

I like this. Could be a genius idea. Particularly as it reduces the damage from a miss and lets face it games are frequently ruined by this and real life is far more important and i take no satisfaction out of winning because of a miss.

Cheers

Dean

Dean
Brigadier Deanos75

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:34 am

Deanos75 wrote:Lets say its an 8 player game. Currently when you miss your turn does not come around again until everyone else has their turn (you wait another 7 turns). Instead, why not just you slot in after the next player up. Bit like a cab rank, you just slot one further back in the line. Would make the penalty for missing so much smaller.

So you miss a turn, next player takes a turn and you miss another turn. Now all the other players have waited 48 hours.

Or it near the end of the game and some players are weak and ripe for elimination. You miss a turn and the next player tries to eliminate one of the weak players and fails. You take your turn and eliminate the player who was almost eliminated by the previous player. How is that fair to the rest?

Or you have 5 cards. The next player is weak and has 2 cards. You miss your turn hoping the next player gets a card so you can have a double trade and maybe run the board.

People already complain that if you miss a turn you get deferred troops on you next turn.

Deanos75 wrote:I like this. Could be a genius idea. Particularly as it reduces the damage from a miss and lets face it games are frequently ruined by this and real life is far more important and i take no satisfaction out of winning because of a miss.

Even though your comments are very true I can see obvious opportunities for abuse.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:01 pm

Yeah no. There are 24 hours to take a turn that takes a matter of minutes (yes yes, I have like 94% turn rate but most of my missed turns are in speed games and when they aren't, they have always been my fault). Whatever happened to personal responsibility? It seems to have disappeared somewhere around 2005. You miss the turn, you miss the turn. Take your medicine like a big human and deal with it.

The only real use for something like this is to manipulate the game.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby dyrtydog on Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:40 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:Yeah no. There are 24 hours to take a turn that takes a matter of minutes (yes yes, I have like 94% turn rate but most of my missed turns are in speed games and when they aren't, they have always been my fault). Whatever happened to personal responsibility? It seems to have disappeared somewhere around 2005. You miss the turn, you miss the turn. Take your medicine like a big human and deal with it.

couldn't agree more, but I put the date back to 1997, in the middle of the Clinton administration
Imagetournaments won: Jojo's Midyears Resolution Revolution
Capitaine Vertes's Inaugural clan tournament
Lieutenant dyrtydog

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:54 pm

dyrtydog wrote:
Nut Shot Scott wrote:Yeah no. There are 24 hours to take a turn that takes a matter of minutes (yes yes, I have like 94% turn rate but most of my missed turns are in speed games and when they aren't, they have always been my fault). Whatever happened to personal responsibility? It seems to have disappeared somewhere around 2005. You miss the turn, you miss the turn. Take your medicine like a big human and deal with it.

couldn't agree more, but I put the date back to 1997, in the middle of the Clinton administration

:lol:
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:00 pm

dyrtydog wrote:

BUY AMAZON!!!!
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Rotean9 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:44 pm

How about when you MISS A TURN you don't get any bonus armies next turn. Too many players in multi player games miss turns on purpose. It's pretty obvious to me. Usually its part of some secret diplomacy. I have played in games where other players missed over six turns. They took turns. It seemed contrived. Or everyone has 5 risk cards so they skip to get more men later. Either way, I say NO bonus for skipping turns. ZERO. NIL. It would prevent this kind of skipping turns for advantage cheating.
Sergeant 1st Class Rotean9

Postby Silly Knig-it on Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:15 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:
dyrtydog wrote:

:lol:

I think the real date is back 1994 and Gingrich's Contract On America, when civility and compromise went out the window.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby itstheGeneral on Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:22 pm

Sorry you 're all wrong, it goes back to 1981. when Reagan declared war on drugs, but secretly sold drugs for arms to contra.. lol..
Major itstheGeneral

Location: When the rich wage war, it is the poor who die.,“In times of war, the law falls silent.,

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:31 pm

itstheGeneral wrote:Sorry you 're all wrong, it goes back to 1981. when Reagan declared war on drugs, but secretly sold drugs for arms to contra.. lol..

Can't blame the guy, he just wanted to control the market. A brilliant move really.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Return to Conquer Club Discussion