Conquer Club

Creating a Culture of Tolerance and Diversity on CC

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Creating a Culture of Tolerance and Diversity on CC

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Hey gang, Saxi here!

Recently there's been some hard feelings all around and I thought we might dedicate a thread to shaking all the sillies out and getting past that. NOTE - IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THE CONTENT OF THIS THREAD, OR FIND IT OF NO INTEREST TO YOU, PLEASE EMPOWER YOURSELF BY CHOOSING NOT TO PARTICIPATE RATHER THAN PARTICIPATING BUT LOUDLY PROCLAIMING YOUR DISINTEREST EVERY FEW MOMENTS. NAME CALLING, ACCUSING, FLAMING, TROLLING AND HATEMONGERING WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE FOLLOW THE RAINBOW RULE. THANKS.

Last week I taught a workshop at a company here in the southland called "Creating a Culture of Tolerance and Diversity." I really would like to create a culture of tolerance and diversity here on CC and invite everyone to take the T&D pledge.

If you'd like to participate, please simply respond by waving your hand in the air and posting "I DO!" in this thread.

Let's make it happen, gang!

THE PLEDGE

1. I pledge to treat and respect others with empathy and in consideration of the experiences - shared and unique - that shape our lives.

2. I pledge to reject nationalism, jingoism, paternalism, xenophobia and chauvinism in how I interact with others and how it shapes my perception of my fellow CC players.

3. I pledge to use non-violent and non-incendiary means of persuasion to counsel those who exhibit the traits I am rejecting by taking this pledge.

4. I pledge to embrace compassion and reason, using temper and moderation, in all my dealings with my fellow CC players. In short, I pledge to obey the Rainbow Rule.
Sergeant saxitoxin

Re: Creating a Culture of Tolerance and Diversity on CC

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:31 pm

first one to post:

I DO!
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:42 pm

How bout a rule in particular for the safe handling and use of small kittens? Particularly when it comes to not launching them out of potato cannons. :geek:
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby pimpdave on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:45 pm

ATTN: Todd Landers
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby redhawk92 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:53 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:How bout a rule in particular for the safe handling and use of small kittens? Particularly when it comes to not launching them out of potato cannons. :geek:

that should be added
Major redhawk92

Postby redhawk92 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:54 pm

pimpdave wrote:ATTN: Todd Landers

this must be his brother or something
Major redhawk92

Postby JoshyBoy on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Are you for real?

Seriously everyone... what is this guy on?
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby AAFitz on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:31 pm

I will do my best to live up to the rainbow pledge, and hopefully fine the pot of golden friends and relationships on the other side.

Though I may fail at times I will do my best to live up to the ideas of rainbowism, and its inherent beauty of human communication and interaction.

I DO.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby KoolBak on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:37 pm

Damn near busted a gut! lol

BigBallinStalin wrote:How bout a rule in particular for the safe handling and use of small kittens? Particularly when it comes to not launching them out of potato cannons. :geek:

Although I like the sentiment (however out of place it may be), WTH does it have to do with rainbows? Are ponies and unicorns next?? Hmmmmmmmm
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal KoolBak

Postby Mr Scorpio on Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:55 pm

The Racists are coming!!! Somebody call HIllary Clinton!!! The Racists are gonna eat us!!! Somebody get me the rainbow pledge!!! The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you!
Corporal Mr Scorpio

Postby jiminski on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:00 pm

Mr Scorpio wrote:Waaaaaaaaah!!! The Racists are coming!!! Waaaaaaaah!!! Somebody call HIllary Clinton!!! Waaaaaaaah!!! The Racists are gonna eat us!!! Waaaaaaaaah!!! Somebody get me the rainbow pledge!!! The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you!

hehe well i think the original poster is being ironic to be fair Scopion. i would've expected a renaissance man such as yourself to have picked up that something was slightly amiss.
Sergeant jiminski

Postby Mr Scorpio on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:07 pm

jiminski wrote:
Mr Scorpio wrote:Waaaaaaaaah!!! The Racists are coming!!! Waaaaaaaah!!! Somebody call HIllary Clinton!!! Waaaaaaaah!!! The Racists are gonna eat us!!! Waaaaaaaaah!!! Somebody get me the rainbow pledge!!! The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you!

hehe well i think the original poster is being ironic to be fair Scopion. i would've expected a renaissance man such as yourself to have picked up that something was slightly amiss.

lol. alright. never mind then. my bad.
Corporal Mr Scorpio

Postby Strife on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:13 pm

So, is this a gay pride callout or something, for a clan maybe? Not interested thanks, just wondering.
Corporal Strife

Postby whitestazn88 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 pm

saxitoxin wrote:Hey gang, Saxi here!

Recently there's been some hard feelings all around and I thought we might dedicate a thread to shaking all the sillies out and getting past that. NOTE - IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THE CONTENT OF THIS THREAD, OR FIND IT OF NO INTEREST TO YOU, PLEASE EMPOWER YOURSELF BY CHOOSING NOT TO PARTICIPATE RATHER THAN PARTICIPATING BUT LOUDLY PROCLAIMING YOUR DISINTEREST EVERY FEW MOMENTS. NAME CALLING, ACCUSING, FLAMING, TROLLING AND HATEMONGERING WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE FOLLOW THE RAINBOW RULE. THANKS.

Last week I taught a workshop at a company here in the southland called "Creating a Culture of Tolerance and Diversity." I really would like to create a culture of tolerance and diversity here on CC and invite everyone to take the T&D pledge.

If you'd like to participate, please simply respond by waving your hand in the air and posting "I DO!" in this thread.

THE PLEDGE

1. I pledge to treat and respect others with empathy and in consideration of the experiences - shared and unique - that shape our lives.

2. I pledge to reject nationalism, jingoism, paternalism, xenophobia and chauvinism in how I interact with others and how it shapes my perception of my fellow CC players.

3. I pledge to use non-violent and non-incendiary means of persuasion to counsel those who exhibit the traits I am rejecting by taking this pledge.

4. I pledge to embrace compassion and reason, using temper and moderation, in all my dealings with my fellow CC players. In short, I pledge to obey the Rainbow Rule.

You realize that the main point of concern for the so called "bad eggs" is a lack of the moderating team's willingness to partake in the rainbow rule? DM was perfectly reasonable, and was level-headed when bringing up his issues with team CC. The fact that they weren't able to accept their failures led to his banning because of "skirting the rules" as I believe AndyDufrense so kindly put it in the PM sent to DM regarding his permanent ban.
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:21 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:You realize that the main point of concern for the so called "bad eggs" is a lack of the moderating team's willingness to partake in the rainbow rule? DM was perfectly reasonable, and was level-headed when bringing up his issues with team CC.

He may well have been. Or not. But how do you know that was the case? Was he cc'ing you with all of his notes to them?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:24 pm

You realize that the main point of concern for the so called "bad eggs" is a lack of the moderating team's willingness to partake in the rainbow rule?

Argument considered and rejected.

If you're not here to take the Tolerance & Diversity Pledge, perhaps you should start a thread to discuss the topics you would like to discuss? This thread is about the Rainbow Rule. Thanks.
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby Wolffystyle on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:26 am

I do!
Brigadier Wolffystyle

Postby AAFitz on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:38 am

jiminski wrote:

Dont be silly. No one would make up something so beautiful as a joke. Anyone with the capacity would be void of the ability to do so ironically.

Join us jimmy, youd be the perfect rainbow poster.....I can see the colors flying out of your posts already.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Skittles! on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:41 am

Did someone say rainbow?
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby jiminski on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:10 pm

AAFitz wrote:
jiminski wrote:

Dont be silly. No one would make up something so beautiful as a joke. Anyone with the capacity would be void of the ability to do so ironically.

Join us jimmy, youd be the perfect rainbow poster.....I can see the colors flying out of your posts already.

ahhhhh the rainbows in my mind spring forth like words i never dared to say! Emotions locked away and sought out forever.. as reminder of my fragile strengths!

I see you in the darkness
I see you in the light
I see your eyes shining
In through the night

Make me feel, make me feel
Like I belong
Don't leave me, you won't leave me here
All Alone

Cast your eyes
Like summer skies
Blue earth and the ocean
Clearer than the skies, yeah!

Sunshine on a rainy day (sunshine)
Makes my soul, makes my soul drip, drip, drip away
Sunshine on a rainy day (sunshine)
Makes my soul, makes my soul drip, drip, drip away
Last edited by jiminski on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant jiminski

Postby Serbia on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Skittles! wrote:Did someone say rainbow?

Skittles! are a rainbow candy, so you really should be considered the founder and originator of this idea/movement.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby jefjef on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:45 pm

I pledge to respect those who have more armies than I............................... I pledge to reject nationalism & attack all enemy territories regardless where.... I pledge to be non-violent with those i have a non-aggression pact with............ I pledge to be compassionate with those on my team unless they really mess up.. I DO!!!!!
Colonel jefjef

Postby BoganGod on Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:48 pm

THE PLEDGE

This thread is way of colour. The starter of this thread slags people off, then accuses them of chat abuse when they reply in kind, he/she/it is a tolerant as a neo nazi in a holocost museum. What a hypocrite! Play the game, and stop proving that you can cut and paste from the dictionary. I think he/she/it deliberately left out condescension, as that is he/she/its most frequent type of chat abuse/chat usage.

I feel dirty for feeding the troll hag. Can we all pledge to "Drop dead Sax, you two faced tool" Please cut and paste quote, and add it to thread. It/she/he should join a hippy commune, or a governmental useless policy group. He/she/it is not on the site to play the game, just to be a troll of the lowest possible intelligience.
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:27 pm

BoganGod wrote:

THE PLEDGE

This thread is way of colour. The starter of this thread slags people off, then accuses them of chat abuse when they reply in kind, he/she/it is a tolerant as a neo nazi in a holocost museum. What a hypocrite! Play the game, and stop proving that you can cut and paste from the dictionary. I think he/she/it deliberately left out condescension, as that is he/she/its most frequent type of chat abuse/chat usage.

I feel dirty for feeding the troll hag. Can we all pledge to "Drop dead Sax, you two faced tool" Please cut and paste quote, and add it to thread. It/she/he should join a hippy commune, or a governmental useless policy group. He/she/it is not on the site to play the game, just to be a troll of the lowest possible intelligience.

Reported as (1) flame and (2) threat of violence.
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby Timminz on Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:31 pm

Ooh, this looks like a fun game. I'm going to try now. Here goes.

Only a fucking moron would report a post in this thread for being a flame.
Captain Timminz

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion