Conquer Club

Definition of endgame

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Definition of endgame

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:53 am

Rodion wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:If they get to equal number and you haven't endgamed yet, they're going to know about the existence of the doublevoter anyway.

Not necessarily a double voter, but any sort of combo that prevents mafia from a sure win.

For instance, think of a 2v2 with doctor + vigilante. The mafia could hit the protected vigilante and the vigilante could kill one of the goons bringing the game back to a 2v1.

It could also be 2v2 with a vanila and a busdriver. The busdriver can redirections the mafia kill and bring it back to a 2v1.

Mafia equaling town and not winning doesn't mean that there has got to be a doublevoter.

I think the difference between most of those scenarios and a double voter, is that those are could win situations for town and when it's just a double voter and a mafia it is mathematically a should win situation for town. I personally am not likely to use double voters for this reason and I can understand the argument on either side but I just don't like the idea of a double voter in general for end game reasons cause it is a bit of a logical fallacy. If you do wish to give town a way to win by this means then you probably should state a different mafia win condition.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Previous

Return to Mafia Discussions