Conquer Club

Jokevote bandwagons

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Jokevote bandwagons

Postby Rodion on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:16 pm

I was playing Golden Pantheon mafia and there was an issue with a jokevote bandwagon. That lead me to looking at the whole Naxus (Firefly mafia) thing (up until he claimed and then a bit more when people started to suspect Fir) and I have a theoretical question about this "jokevoting too far" thing.

Isn't each vote on a jokevote bandwagon exponentially more suspicious than the former (with the hammer being the scummiest)? Then why arbitrarily stop at L-"x" (with phrases like "I don't like where this is going") when town can bait other people into going deeper and possibly/likely selling their anti-town alignment? I'm thinking that, other than a lyncher that could hammer for the win, whoever hammers (a townie) in jokevote stage is anti-town and a perfect D2 lynch (or N1 vig kill). That considered, shouldn't town "allow" heavy jokevote wagons to possibly bait scum into hammering?
General Rodion

Re: Jokevote bandwagons

Postby Fircoal on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Rodion wrote:I was playing Golden Pantheon mafia and there was an issue with a jokevote bandwagon. That lead me to looking at the whole Naxus (Firefly mafia) thing (up until he claimed and then a bit more when people started to suspect Fir) and I have a theoretical question about this "jokevoting too far" thing.

Isn't each vote on a jokevote bandwagon exponentially more suspicious than the former (with the hammer being the scummiest)? Then why arbitrarily stop at L-"x" (with phrases like "I don't like where this is going") when town can bait other people into going deeper and possibly/likely selling their anti-town alignment? I'm thinking that, other than a lyncher that could hammer for the win, whoever hammers (a townie) in jokevote stage is anti-town and a perfect D2 lynch (or N1 vig kill). That considered, shouldn't town "allow" heavy jokevote wagons to possibly bait scum into hammering?

No each vote on a jokevote bandwagon isn't more suspicious than the next. Only the L-1 vote and the hammer vote have any type of scumminess to them. Instead what the jokevote Bandwagon does is show who is uncomfortable with that wagon. If someone tries to put a lot of blame onto the blame on the wagon or the one getting lynched acts defensively, it is likely that they are anti-town. IMO someone can put someone on L-2 as part of a jokewagon and they won't look scummy. However if someone tries to call the person who brought the person to L-2 scummy, that to me is scummy as hell. It's a jokewagon people, trying to put sense to it and get people lynched for a joke is one of the scummiest things you can do. That was one of the major reasons I went after Naxus in firefly.

Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Re: Jokevote bandwagons

Postby nagerous on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:00 am

I think it is all subjective and it is hard to read any allegiences out of it at all.
Captain nagerous

Return to Mafia Discussions