Conquer Club

MAFIA DISCUSSION THREAD

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby spinwizard on Wed May 09, 2007 3:49 pm

the only problem with that is qualifiers won't work as mafia is not fair...

how about if i run a 13 player game series...

13 players...5 mafia games (run after each other) a leauge table to record the results.....inviteation only, top players (and mandy) invited...sound good?
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby Colaalone on Wed May 09, 2007 3:55 pm

spinwizard wrote:top players (and mandy)

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!! burn.
Cook Colaalone

Location: Checking into a Las Vegas hotel with the intent of committing capital fraud and a head full of acid

Postby spinwizard on Wed May 09, 2007 3:56 pm

lol, sorry m8, could'nt resist

Postby AK_iceman on Wed May 09, 2007 3:58 pm

I had to modkill Balsiefen in Bizarro Mafia.

And yeah, I gotta agree with wicked. I like to play 1 or 2 at a time, and occasionally mod a game. But I hate missing out on good games because the mod starts it when there's already several ongoing games. When we get the sub-forum shortly, we should organize a thread for Mafia moderators and maybe plan when to begin games so we don't lose more players than we already have.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby spinwizard on Wed May 09, 2007 3:59 pm

i don't like restricting the games (too much like mafiascum) but defently warn them of the concequences

Postby AK_iceman on Wed May 09, 2007 4:02 pm

spinwizard wrote:i don't like restricting the games (too much like mafiascum) but defently warn them of the concequences

I'm not saying to restrict the games, I'm just saying we should pace ourselves. A lot of players would like to do larger games since it allows more intricate roles and storylines, but with all the current games going on you're likely to get 50% or more inexperienced players because all the veterans are currently in games already.

Anyway, just an idea.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby spinwizard on Wed May 09, 2007 4:08 pm

yes i agree, if i satrted my 30 player game now i would have almost no experienced players.

would u like 2 participate in the "Mini Cup" that i may run soon

Postby mandalorian2298 on Wed May 09, 2007 4:17 pm

spinwizard wrote:lol, sorry m8, could'nt resist

I understand, I wouldn't be able to resist saying something like that, either. :wink: [size=0]*Subliminal message: vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard vote spinwizard[/size]
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby wicked on Wed May 09, 2007 6:05 pm

I suddenly find myself gameless. :cry:
If anyone is starting a game, or needs a replacement, PM me!
Major wicked

Postby Aimless on Wed May 09, 2007 6:11 pm

wicked wrote:All these huge games are getting a bit much. They occupy so many people and go on for so long, and are much harder to play. How about some smaller games with fun themes?

After Sherwood ends (whenever that might be), I'm planning on running a mini-game for my next one. About 12 players, tops. I've already got a theme lined up - "Bad Poets Society." And yes, it's going to feature everyone speaking in rhyme.

Actually... if anyone else wanted to run that theme, I'd love to play it. (The problem with being a mod is that you come up with ideas you'd like to play, and then don't get to.)
Private Aimless

Postby mandalorian2298 on Wed May 09, 2007 6:19 pm

You should make Selin the official critic for that thread. The poor guy deserved it. :D
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby for dummies on Wed May 09, 2007 7:22 pm

poor selin. what a tough role to get. and english isn't even his native language (i think). Remind me not to join that game aimless. i will just watch from the sidelines and laugh
viperbitex wrote: what the f*ck were the dinosaurs all about?? Did G-Dog wear his silly pants one day 10 million years ago and make them??
Corporal for dummies

Postby pancakemix on Wed May 09, 2007 8:33 pm

for dummies wrote:poor selin. what a tough role to get. and english isn't even his native language (i think). Remind me not to join that game aimless. i will just watch from the sidelines and laugh

Are you kidding? That'd be awesome!
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby pancakemix on Wed May 09, 2007 9:06 pm

wicked wrote:I suddenly find myself gameless. :cry:
If anyone is starting a game, or needs a replacement, PM me!

I may have a spot for you in my Simpsons Mafia game, but we'll see. Not sure if Talapus is still in or not.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby MountainLion on Wed May 09, 2007 9:28 pm

wicked, I've already had a few players drop out of The Departed, so I may need you if it happens again...if you're interested.
Major MountainLion

Postby Puff on Thu May 10, 2007 7:40 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17252
Blind Mafia = playing

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18174
A new mafia game (theme TBA) = looking for subs (who will most likely play)
XenHu wrote:JESUS CHRIST! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND?! :lol:

*ahem*
That is all.
Private 1st Class Puff

Location: Underground. I won't say exactly where but if you want a clue all you must do is look down.

Postby red bull on Sat May 12, 2007 9:23 am

13 and 2 well really 13 and 1 the one loss was in a rt maifa game and i think i read some where around here that those are not counted on you win/loss record and the last two wins i was a townie autos game and maifa godfather in puffs blind game oh and xenus game i won that one too with the role of a townie
Last edited by red bull on Sat May 12, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the black knight enemy of spamalot
11-2 againts spamalot
Private 1st Class red bull

Postby The1exile on Sat May 12, 2007 9:39 am

Aimless wrote:
wicked wrote:All these huge games are getting a bit much. They occupy so many people and go on for so long, and are much harder to play. How about some smaller games with fun themes?

After Sherwood ends (whenever that might be), I'm planning on running a mini-game for my next one. About 12 players, tops. I've already got a theme lined up - "Bad Poets Society." And yes, it's going to feature everyone speaking in rhyme.

Actually... if anyone else wanted to run that theme, I'd love to play it. (The problem with being a mod is that you come up with ideas you'd like to play, and then don't get to.)

Hm. I might mod that one, if you don't mind me nicking your idea, but only if it's a while into the future (then again, Sherwood doesn't look to be over that fast.)

In any case, I'm going to mod a game post-exams and see how it goes.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby jnd94 on Sat May 12, 2007 9:49 am

The1exile wrote:
Aimless wrote:

Hm. I might mod that one, if you don't mind me nicking your idea, but only if it's a while into the future (then again, Sherwood doesn't look to be over that fast.)

In any case, I'm going to mod a game post-exams and see how it goes.

a ryming only one would be awesome. I look forward to when that will be.
Captain jnd94

Postby Fircoal on Sat May 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Actually I'm thinking of maybe putting in more than 24 players in my POkemon MAfia game. I just don't think I can do it with only 24, like I usually do, but we'll wait and see, I need to get all of the roles straight.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Fircoal on Sat May 12, 2007 5:11 pm

Should we have a limit or an understanding at least on how many large theme games are going on at a time.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby spinwizard on Sat May 12, 2007 5:13 pm

Fircoal wrote:Should we have a limit or an understanding at least on how many large theme games are going on at a time.

not a limit, too much like MS. but just be aware how many big games r on the the same time, that is y i am doing some minis!

Postby jnd94 on Sat May 12, 2007 5:17 pm

spin, please update the Active games part of your first post. It is confuzing because some games have ended and you dont have some that have already started.
Captain jnd94

Postby spinwizard on Sat May 12, 2007 5:18 pm

jnd94 wrote:spin, please update the Active games part of your first post. It is confuzing because some games have ended and you dont have some that have already started.

i am doing this atm

Postby jnd94 on Sat May 12, 2007 5:24 pm

and please put in my game, it seemes like everyone keeps forgetting about it.
Captain jnd94

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Discussions