Conquer Club

Deadlines

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Deadlines

Postby / on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:10 pm

How strict should deadlines be run?
During the day, if you as the mod say "the deadline is tuesday night" but aren't there to write the scene until Friday will you allow a person to be hammered on Thursday, or will you stop counting votes on the deadline?
Also occasionally I will allow a person to send in an action after I posted the night scene if it's inconsequential to the general outcome since I can just do it behind the scenes, what's your policy on that?
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: Deadlines

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:18 pm

/ wrote:How strict should deadlines be run?
During the day, if you as the mod say "the deadline is tuesday night" but aren't there to write the scene until Friday will you allow a person to be hammered on Thursday, or will you stop counting votes on the deadline?
Also occasionally I will allow a person to send in an action after I posted the night scene if it's inconsequential to the general outcome since I can just do it behind the scenes, what's your policy on that?

I'm stricter on Night deadlines than Day deadlines. If town is close to a lynch (L-1) I usually give them an extra half hour to get the final vote. Night Deadlines I usually remind someone within a day of the night Deadline if they haven't already sent one in but only on rare occasions would I allow any night actions to be sent after the scene was made. Perhaps while I'm writing the scene but once the scene is posted there are no further actions to be sent.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:22 am

I usually give allowable lee time for night actions when we have weekends or holidays.

Day deadlines I usually hold pretty hard to. Especially Day 1.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Fircoal on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:25 pm

/ wrote:How strict should deadlines be run?

I try to be as lenient as possible. First off the deadline in my games is a bit of a misnomer in the way that it's entirely based on when I post the scene. If I haven't posted a scene and there is no lynch then the day is still active no matter what the deadline may be. Once I post the scene then the day is over. So actually the deadline in my games are more like X days + until Fircoal posts scene. I try to be forgiving of people when they forget stuff, especially when it's important.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Return to Mafia Discussions