Conquer Club

So what do you think? (AKA squirrel's xmas season mafia)

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

So what do you think? (AKA squirrel's xmas season mafia)

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:39 am

Ok, so I am planning on running another huge mafia game this year with a premium prize (similar to briarsburg). This is what I've got planned so far:

The idea is taken from the D&d mafia that I talked about in the Crazy Gameplay Ideas thread.

25 'townies'
5 'mafia'

This will be a generic and trite fantasy rpg storyline where the five adventurers are undertaking an adventure to kill their arch enemy (one of the townies).

The town:
I will try my hardest not to include vanilla townies, but there might be some. Town will have mostly generic roles. There will be one super powerful townie (the arch-enemy) who will cause the town to lose instantly if he should die. He will also have a handful of townies who know who he is and can protect him (to ensure that there isn't a N1 scum victory).

The Scum:
The scum faction will be extremely customizable. Besides just naming their in-game characters and party, at the start of the game all of the players who are scum will get to choose their roles from a large list I will give them (I'm giving a ballpark guess of 16 optional roles). All of these roles will have a bunch of powerful abilities (to outweigh the numbers disadvantage). Scummies will be able to choose which roles that they want and strategize how they want their team constructed.

So basically, I want some comments. Sound interesting? Sound stupid? Any obvious gameplay hiccups that you can anticipate? That sort of thing. I'm getting this out now because its probably gonna take me quite a while to create and balance everything to satisfaction and I want some community feedback before I dive into this idea fully.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Re: So what do you think? (AKA squirrel's xmas season mafia)

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:22 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:22 am

Definitely in, just going to be hard to round up 30 people
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:09 am

I think this sounds fun. Do the townies have customizable roles too?

I anticipate that once you get enough players you'll have to take a few days to allow the mafia to decide how they want to set their group up. You'll have to make sure they don't all choose an NK, because 5 NKs each night will mean a high chance of mafia win.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:09 pm

I think what Mr. S is saying is that the mafia would have various night abilities, but only have 1 nightkill.

I like the idea, but I don't know if we have 30 active mafia players right now. Larger games are still plagued by inactivity.
Captain safariguy5

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Even back when I was modding Civil War and American Revolution, it was tough to get 30 consistent players to talk although with prods it would work out. Sounds fun though
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Return to Mafia Discussions