Conquer Club

Cool role to add in future games

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Cool role to add in future games

Postby zimmah on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:50 am

Role Name: Spirit Medium/Witch Doctor, etc.
Function: Sort of weakened down Joat on top of being able to talk privatly with people who have died.
Alignment: Any (Town, Mafia, 3rd party)

this can be an interesting twist to mafia games, and it also can keep dead people a bit more active. the downside is that in those mafia games the dead can either choose to communicate with the medium or rejoin the game as someone else (but then obviously lose contact with the medium).

what do you guys think of this?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Re: Cool role to add in future games

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:43 am

it is... interesting.

it would be interesting to have the ability to discuss with players eliminated from the game, we had this once in one of Victor's games and Rodion got chopped and he came back and was a bad*** cop detecting who was mafia. Detrimental to roles like mine (SK) but inevitably ended in town win. Of course, that game we also had no rules, which is why he never really died but yeah, interesting. Reminds me of the death cult that I once heard about (never experienced it though). Don't know if I 'd use it in my games (balance issues, etc.) but i might use a tweaked version of it, or something similar by a different name. Do you plan to use it in a game in the near future (man! I can't think of the word I wanted to say! I'll give 10 internets to anyone who can name the adverb which means "in the near future")? If so, good luck.

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:47 am

lol......

soon/so͞on/
Adverb:
1. In or after a short time: "he'll be home soon".
2. Early: "it was too soon to know".

or

Do you plan to use it in an upcoming game?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby zimmah on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:47 am

MoB Deadly wrote:lol......

soon/so͞on/
Adverb:

or

soon is a blizzard trademark. :roll:

anyway, i'm not planning to host any games at the moment. might do it sometime. not sure if it will ft the theme either, but if it does, i might.

maybe i could do a diablo themed mafia once diablo 3 comes out or something. who knows.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:23 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:lol......

soon/so͞on/
Adverb:

or

THANK YOU! YOU JUST GOT 10 INTERNETS!

how could I have forgotten that? #-o

-SG7 ( :lol: )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:13 pm

The problem is that if the mod runs out of replacements, he may choose to use dead players who do not have an extraneous information (like VT's). So having a witch doctor may disqualify these people from playing again. May not be a problem in a smaller game, but a very large game, we may have issue with activity.
Captain safariguy5

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:02 pm

safariguy5 wrote:The problem is that if the mod runs out of replacements, he may choose to use dead players who do not have an extraneous information (like VT's). So having a witch doctor may disqualify these people from playing again. May not be a problem in a smaller game, but a very large game, we may have issue with activity.

Then again maybe this role can only get information from the eliminated players instead of being able to give info too. That might solve that issue.

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:08 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:The problem is that if the mod runs out of replacements, he may choose to use dead players who do not have an extraneous information (like VT's). So having a witch doctor may disqualify these people from playing again. May not be a problem in a smaller game, but a very large game, we may have issue with activity.

Then again maybe this role can only get information from the eliminated players instead of being able to give info too. That might solve that issue.

But if the eliminated player comes back as another character, they will still know who the Witch Doctor is. Which is an unfair advantage and information that everyone else will not know.
Captain safariguy5

Postby zimmah on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:04 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
shieldgenerator7 wrote:

But if the eliminated player comes back as another character, they will still know who the Witch Doctor is. Which is an unfair advantage and information that everyone else will not know.

that could be resolved by only allowing the spirits and the witch doctor to talk 'through' the moderator. this will however require either a pretty active moderator, or a secondary-mod.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Return to Mafia Discussions