Conquer Club

MoB's Crazed Mafia! [Poll]

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What setup are you interested in playing?

Option A
33%
Option B
11%
Option C
No votes
Option D
33%
kittens
22%

Total votes : 9

MoB's Crazed Mafia! [Poll]

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Hey guys! I have seen some crazy setups online and would like to see if CC community wants one of these hosted. Obviously the players would know what the setup is so they can gameplan accordingly. Please vote and give feedback on which you would like to play!

show: Option A, Masonic Medschool

show: Option B, Town BBQ

show: Option C

show: Option D, Random Randomness
Last edited by MoB Deadly on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Re: MoB's Crazed Mafia! [Poll]

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Personally, not jazzed about a lot of busdrivers. It makes figuring out nightkills a big headache. Also, I have concerns about Day PM's, see other topic.

So Option D for me.
Captain safariguy5

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Well option A is designed specifically to balance the use of day PMs. You dont think it would work out, and would favor town too much?
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby Rodion on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Could you please use colors to determine the factions in your option A?
General Rodion

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Rodion wrote:Could you please use colors to determine the factions in your option A?

hmm good question. I assumed each was independent. Then I remember that if there are 2 SK's they cant kill each other so they would both have to win. Then looked and the GF is essentially the same as a SK since there are no investigative roles. Sk usually wins ties over the mafia.

However in this case I would say, SK's and Godfather could win together, as the arson can ignore all immunities and healing

Edit: The SKs and GF do not know who each other are
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:37 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
Rodion wrote:Could you please use colors to determine the factions in your option A?

hmm good question. I assumed each was independent. Then I remember that if there are 2 SK's they cant kill each other so they would both have to win. Then looked and the GF is essentially the same as a SK since there are no investigative roles. Sk usually wins ties over the mafia.

However in this case I would say, SK's and Godfather could win together, as the arson can ignore all immunities and healing

Edit: The SKs and GF do not know who each other are

So town's only real way to win is to correctly lynch the mafia and SKer and Arsonist. All of which can fakeclaim doctor and make up night actions about who they protected and whatnot. Really, I don't know how Day PM's are going to help town in this case.
Captain safariguy5

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:43 pm

safariguy5 wrote:So town's only real way to win is to correctly lynch the mafia and SKer and Arsonist. All of which can fakeclaim doctor and make up night actions about who they protected and whatnot. Really, I don't know how Day PM's are going to help town in this case.

Arsonist has a chance to kill SKs and Maf.

Doctors are told when their target was attacked. They could start the next day by PMing, you were attacked last night I saved you. Thus definitely clearing them.

Claimed Doctors should secretly or not secretly make a healing circle. And look for the liar. But they cant all mass claim, or the masons are done for which would be crucial to endgame. Thats where the SK and GF have to waste an extra NK to double target a doctor, thus almost guaranteeing a kill, unless 2 or more doctors healed the same person.
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Again I am used to playing in a game setting where there almost HAD to be mistakes to be made. Since it is realtime and daytime only lasts about 5 minutes, its hard to get EVERYONE on the same page, especially through a PM network.
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:50 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:So town's only real way to win is to correctly lynch the mafia and SKer and Arsonist. All of which can fakeclaim doctor and make up night actions about who they protected and whatnot. Really, I don't know how Day PM's are going to help town in this case.

Arsonist has a chance to kill SKs and Maf.

Doctors are told when their target was attacked. They could start the next day by PMing, you were attacked last night I saved you. Thus definitely clearing them.

Claimed Doctors should secretly or not secretly make a healing circle. And look for the liar. But they cant all mass claim, or the masons are done for which would be crucial to endgame. Thats where the SK and GF have to waste an extra NK to double target a doctor, thus almost guaranteeing a kill, unless 2 or more doctors healed the same person.

I'm just visualizing a scenario where the docs use the PM's to to do a town verification and then post in the game thread. With so many protective roles, it seems like town docs can clear each other using the PM's as townie check in about 3 game days or so. The fact that we have so many nightkills speeds up the process.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:50 pm

I don't think any of them would work, to be honest. A can easily be solved in a few nights with the docs working together, B and C just won't work because of the number of busdrivers (any more than one busdriver in any game leads to complications), and D will just be unbalanced to hell.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:I don't think any of them would work, to be honest. A can easily be solved in a few nights with the docs working together, B and C just won't work because of the number of busdrivers (any more than one busdriver in any game leads to complications), and D will just be unbalanced to hell.

Lol, I'd play D just because it seems exactly like the type of game Fir would make, so it's more a "fun crazy game" than anything. The other ones seem to be trying to be serious and by revealing the rolelists, it probably tells us too much already.
Captain safariguy5

Return to Mafia Discussions