Conquer Club

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:21 pm

hello, i've noticed a lot of us on this forum have avatars, and I'm glad.

i must say it is easier to go back and find posts of a player if he/she has an avatar, because I know when i'm scrolling through the threads, I look at the avatar to see who it is. And it's easier to spot their avatar than their username

Now some of us don't have an avatar, but I'd liek to say that if you don't have one, it would be nice if you could get one. Now if you're completely opposed to one, :lol: don't sweat it, but I'm just saying it'll be easier for all of us if you get your own avatar.

Thanks

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Re: AVATARS

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:58 pm

Things tend to get screwed up whenever there's a contest and avatars and sigs are part of the requirements.

At the bottom of each page, you can sort posts by author. Usually helps me find quotes someone said.
Captain safariguy5

Postby zimmah on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:00 pm

i also like how in conquer club people don't chance their avatar often, so you can actually recognize people by their avatar.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:11 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Things tend to get screwed up whenever there's a contest and avatars and sigs are part of the requirements.

At the bottom of each page, you can sort posts by author. Usually helps me find quotes someone said.

whoa, when did that feature get there? seriously, I've never seen it before...
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.

Postby zimmah on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:16 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Things tend to get screwed up whenever there's a contest and avatars and sigs are part of the requirements.

whoa, when did that feature get there? seriously, I've never seen it before...

it's only there when you believe it to be there.

just like the .. no better don't tell you that. never mind, it's nothing.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:39 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:58 am

BGtheBrain wrote:Zimmah, same goes for you. Combine your avatar with your play style and I picture Genghis kahn sitting at a computer.

QFT! :lol: :lol:

wtf safari, Im gonna go find tht button that ive never seen before
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby slowreactor on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:19 am

I feel like I should start a weekly rotation of avatars just to screw with you guys o.O
Colonel slowreactor

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:11 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:Zimmah, same goes for you. Combine your avatar with your play style and I picture Genghis kahn sitting at a computer.

It's at the bottom of each page of a thread, sandwiched between Quick Reply and Post Reply.

As for the avatar thing, hopefully my naivety projected by my avatar makes everyone think I'm town. Sometimes mistaken, often wrong, but with good intentions and occasionally brilliant.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:21 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:The avatars are a huge help. In my clan forum, my brain rememebrs who said what in the mafia game bc I know the people by name and avatar. In this forum, Im still learning all the people, but Im starting to remember them now.

I do the same thing. I get so confused when players start switching up their avatars mid-game. This is part of the reason why I haven't changed mine in forever (that, and I've grown quite attached to it).
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:The avatars are a huge help. In my clan forum, my brain rememebrs who said what in the mafia game bc I know the people by name and avatar. In this forum, Im still learning all the people, but Im starting to remember them now.

I do the same thing. I get so confused when players start switching up their avatars mid-game. This is part of the reason why I haven't changed mine in forever (that, and I've grown quite attached to it).

I know what you mean. The only time I change my avatar is for a new picture of the same guy (except for the Spread the Love/Share the Warmth contests and the occasional short-lived special case, such as this past Halloween).

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby pancakemix on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:00 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:I feel that they give me an unjustified bias towards someone. For example VS and PCM. There avatars are fine, but they look like someone I wouldnt trust in real life, so I unjustifiably find myself suspicious of them.

I don't blame you. I wouldn't trust Guy Pearce either.

Oftentimes, I find that I project my preconceived notions about people onto their avatars, thus maintaining the same frame of mind about them. Only if someone is new does it really mess me up. (These notions were, of course, based on previous avatars.)
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:14 pm

WHY NOT ZOIDBERG?

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby pancakemix on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:47 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:WHY NOT ZOIDBERG?

-Tails

Two people with Zoidberg is confusing enough, thanks.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby zimmah on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:53 pm

My biggest thing with avatars?

I feel that they give me an unjustified bias towards someone. For example VS and PCM. There avatars are fine, but they look like someone I wouldnt trust in real life, so I unjustifiably find myself suspicious of them.

Zimmah, same goes for you. Combine your avatar with your play style and I picture Genghis kahn sitting at a computer.

Am I the only one who has had this problem? Or am I just more weird than I normally thought?

shit, i guess i should just get some hot girls in bikini then, no-one distrusts a hot girl in bikini. well, at least no male. :lol:

i just think tigers are cool, and what's cooler then a samurai-style warrior riding on the back of a white tiger?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:55 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:

It's at the bottom of each page of a thread, sandwiched between Quick Reply and Post Reply.

As for the avatar thing, hopefully my naivety projected by my avatar makes everyone think I'm town. Sometimes mistaken, often wrong, but with good intentions and occasionally brilliant.

to be honest, the gun in your hand screams mafia/vig to me
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
Mr. Squirrel wrote:

I know what you mean. The only time I change my avatar is for a new picture of the same guy (except for the Spread the Love/Share the Warmth contests and the occasional short-lived special case, such as this past Halloween).

-Sully

the most confusing thing for me was that when you changed your avatar mid-game and at the same time someone else took your old avatar. i was like WTF when did VS say this? i don't remember him having said this before, it doesn't make any sense, wait, wait, it's not even VS, omg.. why did he change his avatar.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:59 pm

pancakemix wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:WHY NOT ZOIDBERG?

-Tails

Two people with Zoidberg is confusing enough, thanks.

your avatar vaguely reminds me of geert wilders (a dutch politician) and that's not really pro-town in my book.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:16 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:

QFT. Ditto.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:23 pm

I think DoomYoshi looks like he's saying "Yeah, and this is how it is. See?" very good outlook IMO, but he has a history of being mafia often (like Rodion :lol: )

Postby Rodion on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:53 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:I think DoomYoshi looks like he's saying "Yeah, and this is how it is. See?" very good outlook IMO, but he has a history of being mafia often (like Rodion :lol: )

Dinosaurs are scummy!
General Rodion

Postby freezie on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:14 am

Funny how I was thinking of switching my avatar....
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Postby pancakemix on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:21 am

I dunno if I've ever kept an avvy as long as I've had this one. I like it because it's my current and previous mafia games in one.
Epic Win

Return to Mafia Discussions