Conquer Club

Newbies

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Newbies

Postby StubbsKVM on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:38 pm

I notice there are pretty much only highly flavoured games. Not that's it a bad thing or anything. But before I actually signed up, this turned me away, because I was afraid I wouldn't understand most of it.

Not sure if there are others like me. If there are, maybe they could speak up in here? If there are enough , maybe someone would be willing to host a less complicated game to get some new players to join mafia?

Just a thought.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Re: Newbies

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:59 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:I notice there are pretty much only highly flavoured games. Not that's it a bad thing or anything. But before I actually signed up, this turned me away, because I was afraid I wouldn't understand most of it.

Not sure if there are others like me. If there are, maybe they could speak up in here? If there are enough , maybe someone would be willing to host a less complicated game to get some new players to join mafia?

Just a thought.

I'm relatively new to this forum, and seriously scum-searching people, as i have only ever played on EpicMafia.. and that was in Sandbox 8-[ (Which is basically trolling/rely on hard facts or guessing)
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:17 pm

It would be a possibility. We try not to go overboard on flavor (choose game themes that aren't completely slaves to the flavor and/or have easily looked up flavor) to make sure that someone who is unfamiliar with flavor can still play in the games. I think you have a point in that we have over time gotten somewhat more flavor dependent overall in the games.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:48 pm

I would be up for hosting a C9 game for some newer players so that they arent shy. Ill get to planning it, since the hardest part for me will probably be coming up with names :D. If someone else wants to take the reigns though, Ill be happy to stand back for them to host a game.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:21 pm

Agreed that flavor games seem to be more prevalent. It could be that a decent flavor game is needed to get the most players possible and we seem to be in a bit of a player shortage right now.
Captain safariguy5

Postby StubbsKVM on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:35 am

As I said. I love highly flavored games. But it requires a lot from a newbie.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby edocsil on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:53 am

Once I see a lull in the open games I intend to post a small scale game or two with minimal flavor. After the Pantheon I'm pretty worn out with flavor.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby maglore on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Me,Myself, and I were wondering what exactly a mafia game is?
Private maglore

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:53 pm

maglore wrote:Me,Myself, and I were wondering what exactly a mafia game is?

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=609&t=68065
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:42 pm

maglore wrote:Me,Myself, and I were wondering what exactly a mafia game is?

welcome to all three of you. Doom gave you a good link. I joined my first game not having any understanding of how it works and fumbled my way through. Its a combination debate combined with the game of CLUE with a healthy dose of paranoia thrown in for good measure. Once you get an understanding of how roles work, game setups ect it all becomes clear.

Check out the archives to get an idea of how games work and feel free to ask any questions here in the forums as many of us would be glad to have some new players to help out.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby blakebowling on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:22 pm

new guy1 wrote:I would be up for hosting a C9 game for some newer players so that they arent shy. Ill get to planning it, since the hardest part for me will probably be coming up with names :D. If someone else wants to take the reigns though, Ill be happy to stand back for them to host a game.

I like it. If you're interested in setting it up as an official game, send me a PM. I think getting some more people into mafia would definitely be a benefit.
Private blakebowling

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:55 am

C9 is a broken setup. Also, most mods don't have the self-control to actually randomize it.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:34 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:C9 is a broken setup. Also, most mods don't have the self-control to actually randomize it.

True random isn't really THAT important is it? I mean, trying to second guess the mod at that sort of level is just really going to get you burned.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:23 pm

The more important thing is that it's broken.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby aage on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:07 pm

C9++ is way more interesting anyway. Even though it's nearly broken too.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby swagman090 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Hello,
I'm a newbie too. I read the thread that was linked here, and although I had a hard time following it, I'm willing to give Mafia a try although there may be many bumps along the way. Anyone willing to start a game for newbies?
Thanks,
swagman
Cook swagman090

Postby new guy1 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:19 pm

I would as I have been itching to mod again, but unfortunately I have college now, and so I dont want to have to drop the game. If you want a better understanding of how to play, it always helps to read past games, as it helps with some common sense things (the stuff everyone else knows besides the newbies) and it helps you understand how each phase works.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Minister Masket on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:21 am

I had absolutely no friggen clue what was going on in my first mafia game. And it taught me pretty much 90% of what I needed to know.

I'm running a flavour game atm but I'm thinking of doing a Minecraft-themed one next that'll rely far less on it.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby swagman090 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:01 am

Where the mafia are creepers? :D I like that idea!
Cook swagman090

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Oh damn, MM Ill play that one.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Lootifer on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:31 am

So frickin in!
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:32 pm

I've been Pleasantly surprised with my newbies :). Just dont break the role PM rule by me and you'll be fine. Also I tend to have ideas that I make a setup around, and have some flavor, but not much. However my setups are usually atypical because some of my ideas are a bit, well out there.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Return to Mafia Discussions