Conquer Club

Well... Time to ask that question again.

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Well... Time to ask that question again.

Postby Commander9 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:05 pm

It seems that bar weekends I've actually had enough time to read and even posts somewhat constructive posts, so I am pondering hosting a series of games. Oh noes, the dreaded clusterfuck (yet somewhat balanced games) C9 games may see another light if there'd be enough interest. (To those who've never seen or heard of any of my games, feel free to look up Post-Apocalyptic Mafia, Unknown Mafia (which was sadly abandoned) and Memebase Mafia (hosted with PCM)). So, basically, what I'm asking is whether there'd be enough interest for ASoIaF (Game of Thrones) mini-series (the events in the games would impact the story further... And there'd be some spoilers) and whether there'd be a person interested in co-moding.

Anyways... Just putting this out here.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Re: Well... Time to ask that question again.

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:19 pm

I mean I'd play. Just hope you'd be able to follow through on the game. Wouldn't want to be left hanging although Post Apoc was awesome.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Commander9 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:28 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I mean I'd play. Just hope you'd be able to follow through on the game. Wouldn't want to be left hanging although Post Apoc was awesome.

That's essentially my main concern as well - and that's why if I'll do this, I'll take a co-mod. It may sort of done more like Memebase mafia - I'll work on concepts and on the whole idea in full and discuss/balance everything and then I'd try to do the main mod duties as much as possible, but there'd be an option to fall back in case I get swamped. Honestly, I'd also would love to take one of the old guard people that I've worked with before and who I know this would be viable (you, PCM, edocsil, strike wolf, slash, spiesr,etc.).
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby strike wolf on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:49 pm

I'd be interesting in a Game of Thrones mafia. I mean there has been one already but you know another wouldn't be bad. Would this be based mostly on book 1 or more cumulative?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Fircoal on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:50 pm

I'd probably be willing to play~

(Somehow I don't think I'd make a good co-mod)
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Commander9 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:00 pm

strike wolf wrote:I'd be interesting in a Game of Thrones mafia. I mean there has been one already but you know another wouldn't be bad. Would this be based mostly on book 1 or more cumulative?

Yes, I actually remember it - but back then I had no idea either what ASoIaF was or that it was any good. I'm a very big fan (re-reading the books again currently) and I've actually wanted to host it in another forums I'm active, but in the end decided not due to integrity issues.

I think the prologue would be setup during Robert's Rebellion and what would happen there would either lead to somewhat familiar story happening or to a completely unknown fanfic realm (that GRRM loves so much :lol: ) and be based solely on what happens in the game - just with characters we all know and love/hate. Ideally, I'd like to make my own conclusion, but that's way too ambitious (especially since I'm uncertain about my availability times after this semester), so for now it'd be on smaller scope, but with potential to grow.

Fircoal wrote:I'd probably be willing to play~

Fir, I love you like that emo-brother that I don't have, but two of us modding would be a horrible idea :lol:
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby strike wolf on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:04 pm

Commander9 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I'd be interesting in a Game of Thrones mafia. I mean there has been one already but you know another wouldn't be bad. Would this be based mostly on book 1 or more cumulative?

Yes, I actually remember it - but back then I had no idea either what ASoIaF was or that it was any good. I'm a very big fan (re-reading the books again currently) and I've actually wanted to host it in another forums I'm active, but in the end decided not due to integrity issues.

I think the prologue would be setup during Robert's Rebellion and what would happen there would either lead to somewhat familiar story happening or to a completely unknown fanfic realm (that GRRM loves so much :lol: ) and be based solely on what happens in the game - just with characters we all know and love/hate. Ideally, I'd like to make my own conclusion, but that's way too ambitious (especially since I'm uncertain about my availability times after this semester), so for now it'd be on smaller scope, but with potential to grow.

Fir, I love you like that emo-brother that I don't have, but two of us modding would be a horrible idea :lol:

True with all the potential vying factions that could exist and compete/cooperate. A Songs of Ice and Fire game could get massive quick.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby aage on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:13 pm

YES PLEASE LET ME CO MOD

I've wanted to throw together a game like this for ages.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Fircoal on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:17 pm

Commander9 wrote:

Somehow I'm inclined to agree x3
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Commander9 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Well, it seems like there's enough interest to at least run through a test.

strike wolf wrote:True with all the potential vying factions that could exist and compete/cooperate. A Songs of Ice and Fire game could get massive quick.

Precisely. The best part? I'd never run out of characters to kill :lol:

aage wrote:YES PLEASE LET ME CO MOD

I've wanted to throw together a game like this for ages.

PM sent.

Fircoal wrote:Somehow I'm inclined to agree x3

I mean, I still remember our conversation we had a while back and I just think us teaming up would be just a little be too much awesomeness (suckiness) for the world to handle :lol: Then again, you never know.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Fircoal on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Commander9 wrote:

I mean, I still remember our conversation we had a while back and I just think us teaming up would be just a little be too much awesomeness (suckiness) for the world to handle :lol: Then again, you never know.

I forget this conversation! D:
Captain Fircoal

Postby Commander9 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Fircoal wrote:
Commander9 wrote:

I'm hurt. Anyways, this is one. Me and aage are starting to iron out the details and you can expect the sign up thread to pop up sometime in the next week.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby strike wolf on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Commander9 wrote:
Fircoal wrote:
Commander9 wrote:

I'm hurt. Anyways, this is one. Me and aage are starting to iron out the details and you can expect the sign up thread to pop up sometime in the next week.

*abandons all my games so I can sign up*

Cadet strike wolf

Postby jonty125 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:53 am

No idea of flavour but I'll play.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Commander9 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:25 am

strike wolf wrote:*abandons all my games so I can sign up*

You make me blush :oops:
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby nagerous on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Someone should do a Breaking Bad Mafia.
Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:23 pm

nagerous wrote:Someone should do a Breaking Bad Mafia.

Ive been considering creating one for seasons1-4 but I also have about 200 other ideas that I had first.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Talapus on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:48 pm

strike wolf wrote:
nagerous wrote:Someone should do a Breaking Bad Mafia.

Ive been considering creating one for seasons1-4 but I also have about 200 other ideas that I had first.

That show rocks but honestly I think something based off the show "House of Cards" would offer an awful lot of crazy mechanics that change the game as the story progresses. Backstabbing, favors, blackmail, and constant ladder climbing. Would be awesome.
DoomYoshi wrote:
vote talapus

You lying sack of cunt!
Corporal Talapus

Return to Mafia Discussions