Conquer Club

Sup, mafiamembers

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Sup, mafiamembers

Postby Minister Masket on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:21 am

Noticed a lot of posters like myself were in University a couple years ago. Did the degree lead anywhere?

Mine was a Digital Film and Writing degree, but my sister's (now) ex got me a job at a local printing company. Still there after 2 years since I bagged a cushy position doing computer stuff (reprographics) that I rather like. It was a family owned business, and in the last 6 months we've come under the umbrella of the 2nd largest packaging company in America. Bit of a jump!
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:48 am

My degree was a waste of money. I studied genetics, which I do love but I can't stand the way science works. To get a job, they want not only the Bachelor's degree but also the Master's, Ph. D and in many cases Ph. Ds are still working a postdoc. All this time is spent in slave labor with a name in the list of authors near the bottom.

So I work in management. I'm thinking of going to get a Master's in statistics or an M.Div.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Djfireside on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Yoshi I feel for ya on that. Ive seen the struggles from my friends but I took the easy route of Computer Science but I like my company and they treat us well so I cant complain myself. Hopefully you find something to fuel your passion.

I had the itch to play a few games and had to drop back in here and was pleased to see it still going, slowly but going. Our team actually plays werewolf once a week at lunch.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby Skittles! on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:38 pm

Just completed my social science/anthropology degree, now real life is gonna shit on me trying to find a job with 'experience'. probs won't ever get into anthropology because, like you said Doom, you need the masters and the phd to be considered for anything.

So I'll probably try and get into statistics instead or work my way up in the company I work for now. May do an online university masters course so I can still work full time. yolo
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:01 am

Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Fircoal on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:04 pm

Minister Masket wrote:Noticed a lot of posters like myself were in University a couple years ago. Did the degree lead anywhere?

Only into tears. :cry:

I'm really bad at this job applying thing.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Skoffin on Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:54 am

The old course shit I cancelled, I ended up getting a certificate of registration to work in real estate but now I'm too rekt to work. YOLO
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Previous

Return to Mafia Discussions