Conquer Club

MM Mods Again - Sign Ups and Choose Theme

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Cha-Cha-Choose a Theme!

Poll ended at Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:16 pm

MGS3: Snake Eater
9%
GTA V
32%
Minecraft
18%
Kingdom Hearts
5%
Valkyria Chronicles <--- Kudos if you've heard of this
36%

Total votes : 22

Re: MM Mods Again - Sign Ups and Choose Theme

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:20 pm

I will play this game. Glad to see a veteran return. :)
Cadet ghostly447

Postby edocsil on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:19 am

Anyhow, If it ends up being GTA, I'm out. I can't stand those shitty games.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:42 pm

edocsil wrote:Anyhow, If it ends up being GTA, I'm out. I can't stand those shitty games.

Regardless of your feelings, you have to admit they're technical masterpieces.
But yeah, even though GTA V's taken the lead, I've already started the VC set-up. Perhaps next time eh guys?
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby edocsil on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:11 pm

Minister Masket wrote:
edocsil wrote:Anyhow, If it ends up being GTA, I'm out. I can't stand those shitty games.

But yeah, even though GTA V's taken the lead, I've already started the VC set-up. Perhaps next time eh guys?

Perhaps I was more vehement than appropriate, but the senseless violence, and people general acceptance of the game I find to be deeply disturbing.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby aage on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:58 am

edocsil wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:

Perhaps I was more vehement than appropriate, but the senseless violence, and people general acceptance of the game I find to be deeply disturbing.

Nearly any action-based game allows for senseless violence though, and they should because committing immoral acts tends to be fun (if it's not real, obviously). Granted, in GTA it's more upfront, but that's why it's so popular. People generally enjoy killing off random npc's and being able to say "I am a merciful god" and such. It's only human. I agree it's disturbing, but it's only a game. Much like Mafia.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:24 pm

I have loved every incarnation of Grand Theft Auto, from the topdown original to Five.... However, I was also not exposed to these sorts of games since birth, like so many people have been. Hell, when I was a kid, an Atari was the coolest thing in the world. However, what kids watch on TV or hear on the news is just as disturbing as what happens in those games. Kids just don't remember how to go OUTSIDE and have as much fun as what can be had on their PS3/Xbox.

Also, Rockstar Games has made it a habit to push the borders of what is allowable in a game. Manhunt, Red Dead, and GTA are huge cash cows, and, as we all know, once something has been released to the masses, there is no putting the genie back in the bottle.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:27 pm

Hey, I just found this mafia forum section, and it looks like fun... I've played in real life before, but never on a forum. I'll join if there is still space :)
Major HotShot53

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:47 pm

HotShot53 wrote:Hey, I just found this mafia forum section, and it looks like fun... I've played in real life before, but never on a forum. I'll join if there is still space :)

Rock on! More new blood!
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby kratos644 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:27 pm

I've got room for another game so I'll hop in
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:39 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:I have loved every incarnation of Grand Theft Auto, from the topdown original to Five.... However, I was also not exposed to these sorts of games since birth, like so many people have been. Hell, when I was a kid, an Atari was the coolest thing in the world. However, what kids watch on TV or hear on the news is just as disturbing as what happens in those games. Kids just don't remember how to go OUTSIDE and have as much fun as what can be had on their PS3/Xbox.

Also, Rockstar Games has made it a habit to push the borders of what is allowable in a game. Manhunt, Red Dead, and GTA are huge cash cows, and, as we all know, once something has been released to the masses, there is no putting the genie back in the bottle.

It's a slow desensitization to this type of behavior, through video games such as GTA, that leads to blurred lines between video game and reality. Are you shocked there are school shootings, when the shooter has played 3rd person shooters in his basement for 15 years? Shocked that there is a "knockout" game being played in real life, when GTA is built upon beating unsuspecting bystanders?

We reap what we sow.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby Lootifer on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Show me the research.

Personally I think your assertion is rubbish (with a couple of caveats which ill cover). Literally millions of people play these games; surely if these games produced crazy people then there'd be a lot more crazy people around...? Generally someone who cannot distinguish reality from fantasy is going to be bonkers regardless of weather or not they play GTA or similar games; theres an equally logical cause and effect reasoning (but also as equally flawed as yours) that GTA could actually satisfy the "crazy" inside some people and prevent incidents. I call that rubbish too however.

Prohibation is lame. What we need to do is encourage or incentivise social responsability (and this is where the caveats come in): Do I think its a good idea to let children (defined by those who are still within their formative years) or the mentally unstable play a game like GTA? f*ck no, my dad called me up and asked if he should let my half brother who is 9 play GTA. I said hell no! But conversly I very much oppose banning a game which in itself does not cause any issues with the general, age appropriate and mentally stable, population. Blaming the failures of society on something with such little influence as a computer game is abserd.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:40 pm

Lootifer wrote:Show me the research.

Personally I think your assertion is rubbish (with a couple of caveats which ill cover). Literally millions of people play these games; surely if these games produced crazy people then there'd be a lot more crazy people around...? Generally someone who cannot distinguish reality from fantasy is going to be bonkers regardless of weather or not they play GTA or similar games; theres an equally logical cause and effect reasoning (but also as equally flawed as yours) that GTA could actually satisfy the "crazy" inside some people and prevent incidents. I call that rubbish too however.

Prohibation is lame. What we need to do is encourage or incentivise social responsability (and this is where the caveats come in): Do I think its a good idea to let children (defined by those who are still within their formative years) or the mentally unstable play a game like GTA? f*ck no, my dad called me up and asked if he should let my half brother who is 9 play GTA. I said hell no! But conversly I very much oppose banning a game which in itself does not cause any issues with the general, age appropriate and mentally stable, population. Blaming the failures of society on something with such little influence as a computer game is abserd.

Part of it has to be parental responsibility. I remember that Goldeneye was one of my favorite games growing up. I played it a lot with my friends, but that didn't mean we grew up wanting to actually go commit acts of violence. Our parents were good about teaching us about the difference between games and reality, and definitely limited the amount of time we spent in front of the TV in favor of going out and playing.
Captain safariguy5

Previous

Return to Mafia Discussions