Conquer Club

LOST: On BackBurner.

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

LOST: On BackBurner.

Postby jak111 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Going to place this one on backburner for now. I'll continue working on mechanics and all, but I don't think it's going to be ready for a while. Not before I do another smaller game.

WARNING: VIDEO CONTAINS SPOILERS

(The trailer is a fan-made trailer and contains some things that may ruin your experience of the show if you've never seen it, but hopefully for those planning to enjoy this will have seen at least MOST of the show (if not, that's alright)).

This is a 7 season show, a WIDE range of characters are available with town, mafia, third party and even 4th of 5th parties being available with all the different motives!

However this will be a tad of a large game to fit it all into and I will need a co-mod to help with the little things.

For anyone who will NEVER watch this show, first 6 out of 7 seasons in here (not as interesting as watching them LOL)

Much about how the game will run is still up for debate. However I am thinking of doing a season 1-3 game and then a season 4-6 game and then finish off it with a season 7 game.

With the season 7 game having ALL the characters more toward their correct alignment, the seasons 1-3 and 4-6 both having characters towards the alignment that those seasons portray them as (at any time during those seasons).

Or I could split it up to 2 seasons at a time or season by season.

Each season would have a different amount of characters however as some seasons there aren't many portrayed while others there are many portrayed.

Either way it goes, I'll need a co-mod to run this with me right to the end. If we split it up into seasons we can do a few characters (about 12-ish or 16-ish at a time). However whenever we reach the FINAL season (whether we do all seasons at once or split it up) the players will be up in the 20's to balance out how many different parties will be in-game!

My last game was a quick set-up done within about a night, but this one will be a few weeks at least into planning as it will be much more complex to balance it but keep it interesting towards the show. I will say this now, the mafia party will NOT be the only party with the kill ability in the game and there will be more than just a simple town/mafia win/lose conditions so this will be played right to the end whether one side already has it in the bag or not.

More on this later, but for now LOST is the flavour (and a specific flavour at that!), so if you are not familiar with the show and wish to play, either watch a few episodes or read up on wiki about it more.

EDIT 1: Fooling around with some colours to be able to tell them apart. So I can decide which colours I will use for some factions. (I think that should be enough).
Last edited by jak111 on Thu May 15, 2014 11:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Re: LOST (Need co-mod)

Postby jak111 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:32 pm

So... getting views and no volunteers XD I wonder if anyone even knows what LOST is...
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:51 pm

After some over-viewing of the game and characters, I will split this up into 1 game a season. So one game a group/person may be town, the next season they may be mafia or vice-versa depending on what was going on in that season.

I will keep the game as close to the actual show as possible as far as alignments and story goes, but it's a mafia game first and foremost!

I will also be linking people to their wiki character bio's so they can get a feel for their character a bit better and to put a picture to the name!

Still some balancing issues I am working on as to make sure mafia/town does not have too big of an advantage.

Now that I split it up to each season I should have sign-ups for SEASON 1 ready by the end of April if all goes well with planning.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby StorrZerg on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:00 pm

can possibly help

i have never watched lost
don't plan on watching it lol
Major StorrZerg

Postby jak111 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:52 pm

The crazyness of this game will definitely make you wish you did ;)
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:25 pm

Well, the end of Lost (I was on the last season when I came up this idea) has really set my mind AWOL.

Like... the ending was shocking (but sort of seen it coming), it's one giant puzzle, as such, I am scrapping the 1 game a season. It gotta be done all in one game, there's just no splitting it apart.

I am glad Storr volunteered to co-host this with me, because it's going to be HUGE.

To peak some interests, I will say this, there is more than 3 factions and by the end of it I probably will only have 1-2 VT's. So to expect a basic village/mafia/3rd party will be wrong and the VT's I will even give a bonus.

Still going over all the characters, at the moment, I know of at least 4 factions I want this game to have, still deciding how many "3rd party" roles I want though.

Also, this seriously is not your basic mafia game. Do not sign up under the impression that "He's not with town, he's evil". This flavour is so wacky that multiple factions will be hand and hand working together.

You guys don't know how excited I am to do a mafia game based around this show, but it's going to be in the development process for a while yet >.< gotta make it balanced as well as perfect.

There will also be triggers (both upon deaths and certain actions). I will not go into detail, but some deaths will not bring with it just a simple death. Most players will not have a death trigger and most players that do will not be aware of their death trigger until it happens.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Re: LOST (Storr is my co-mod): In Development.

Postby pancakemix on Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:21 pm

The plus side of this structure is that I can go through the show and not feel like I'm going to fall behind.

Also, I had a similar idea for a Mass Effect game, but couldn't work it out. It was getting really complex, iirc.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Re: LOST (Storr is my co-mod): In Development.

Postby jak111 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:40 pm

pancakemix wrote:The plus side of this structure is that I can go through the show and not feel like I'm going to fall behind.

Also, I had a similar idea for a Mass Effect game, but couldn't work it out. It was getting really complex, iirc.

Yeah, there's a few different ideas running through my head for this, I'm jotting them down but some are being eliminated quickly due to just being TOO unbalanced one way or another.

Right now I am sitting on a game of 27 players, the question is, can we even achieve that number. If not, I'll have to begin cutting down a few roles and factions.

I am glad I got a co-mod for this, because either way, it's a big game and keeping it all organized will literally take hours each day/night change.

Trying to cut down total characters to make it a smaller game so we can get enough to play XD
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Return to Mafia Discussions