Conquer Club

Jonty's Mad Mafia Feedback

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Jonty's Mad Mafia Feedback

Postby jonty125 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:54 am

Does what it says on the tin.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Re: Jonty's Mad Mafia Feedback

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:23 pm

game ended to fast, probably wasn't balanced well enough

Do you mind posting the set up?
Major StorrZerg

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:39 pm

You had one crazy role that either won big, our had no chance at all. He won big and basically unbalanced the rest of the game. His role basically dictated that he also had to act d2 or d3...otherwise he wouldn't be able to win...if he failed, the game goes on for awhile and mafia lose due to town power.
I had fun because I won...but I hate being mafia...to confining. :-s
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:29 pm

The encryptor is basically almost undetectable for scum unless he get's investigated. Easily verifiable role, and once claimed, will basically attract no suspicion as universal mason roles are pretty much always town (unless they're cult recruiters).

Also, instead of the kamikaze role, I played a third party survivor bomb role in Red Dead Redemption mafia. I really liked that role, guaranteed mutually assured destruction once claimed, but still required the player to participate in the game and survive.
Captain safariguy5

Postby nagerous on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:57 am

Agree with some of the feedback again, thanks for keeping active though with no un necessary time delays and the lynch countdown mechanic was good for keeping activity rolling as well
Captain nagerous

Postby Anarkistsdream on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:20 pm

Some sort of notification so players are ready to see roles they have never seen before... (Basically, my role was frigging stupid, and basically is like a Miller in reverse.)
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby edocsil on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:55 am

safariguy5 wrote:The encryptor is basically almost undetectable for scum unless he get's investigated. Easily verifiable role, and once claimed, will basically attract no suspicion as universal mason roles are pretty much always town (unless they're cult recruiters).

Also, instead of the kamikaze role, I played a third party survivor bomb role in Red Dead Redemption mafia. I really liked that role, guaranteed mutually assured destruction once claimed, but still required the player to participate in the game and survive.

Yeah, scum was OP given towns lack of power.

Also, unless it it a really low power game Hider should not die if hides on scum. a 4/15 chance of me dieing for using a totally useless ability? May as well have just given me VT and been done with it.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby new guy1 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:34 pm

Hey guys,

So Im sorry for not being around for basically the whole game, I was around to send in actions but the first night I chose to use no action because I quite honestly hate being busdriver and I thought causing less confusion the first night would be the best option. Ive been told its not really the best option, but due to lack of playing that role and lack of time playing the day, I thought it would be my best personal option. Night two I was also around and chose to use no action due to the fact I had not been around, and so any decision I made could have been extremely negligent. I only kept playing day two because I thought I would have more time, but then I didnt have that time either. Im glad I dropped out when I did though, because I wouldnt have been around for any of the rest of the days either. Unfortunately, I dont think I will be returning for a while, just logging in to keep the habit going. Sorry for the crappy play, I would hope that I can say this is the worst game Ill ever play, but I guess we'll see. Good game everyone.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Ill ask again, any chance you can post the set up?
Major StorrZerg

Postby Rodion on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:36 pm

StorrZerg wrote:Ill ask again, any chance you can post the set up?

viewtopic.php?p=4463820#p4463820
General Rodion

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:29 pm

ty
seems super town favored

tbh, i think neb said it well.

DId town do a mass claim on day 2 or 3?
I think it would have been clear at a certain point.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Lootifer on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:56 pm

edocsil wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:The encryptor is basically almost undetectable for scum unless he get's investigated. Easily verifiable role, and once claimed, will basically attract no suspicion as universal mason roles are pretty much always town (unless they're cult recruiters).

Yeah, scum was OP given towns lack of power.

Also, unless it it a really low power game Hider should not die if hides on scum. a 4/15 chance of me dieing for using a totally useless ability? May as well have just given me VT and been done with it.

Hider is basically a cop role who dies upon guilty. It could be quite powerful if you are good at crumbing targets and what not, but yes somewhat underpowered.

I don't think it was scum-favoured at all; I think we simply got very lucky with kills on the most powerful investigative roles and you guys were left with a BP, bus driver and shy (plus cop and doc, but nothing to protect ur doc and we had a RB), if the game had gone differently and Mets targetted a towny player (as opposed to a somewhat scummy quick hammer lol) then assuming Mets got his three then you would have very likely got a mafia player as well. Say crasp had made his claim water tight and played very towny, still might have been a pretty good option for Mets to use him for his kamakazi (likely get a cop test, maybe a doc/tracker/watcher, and a mafia RB or kill).
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Return to Mafia Discussions