Conquer Club

An (almost) never ending game?

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

An (almost) never ending game?

Postby dakky21 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:16 pm

I have another idea, would this work?

Normal mafia vs town (possibly few 3rd's), setup to be determined, but let's say we start with 10 people, where 5 are town and 5 are mafia.
When someone gets killed or lynched, a new player enters a game and is given a role.
The side the new player joins is predetermined by a randomized list and is known only to mod(s).

Now,
option A) the killed players are permanently killed and can not re-join the game, or,
option B) the killed players can join back the game after the full cycle of killing is done (in this case after 10th player is killed, the first lynched can get in again)

Since option B could be played literally forever, I'd put a "game" limit to 20-30 days (or more depending on the interest).

Again,
option 1) New players are welcome, anyone could join at any time and be randomly sided, so at one point we might have more than 10 players active at a same time.
option 2) Fixed at 10 players so new/returning people can only join when others are killed, without letting new players step in without first killing some of the existing players.

The game ends when there are no more mafia or town (option A) or when a limit is reached (option B).

At one point it would probably happen that killed mafioso joins town (after 5 days if all lynches and NK's are done) and knows exactly who the mafia is on the other side, but that just adds more fun to the game.

Need thoughts about this kind of game? Maybe 4v4 with two 3rd parties? Maybe 12 player game? Fixed or not fixed?
Everything is still in idea phase and if you like it, I may start it in February, and would look for at least one co-mod.
Captain dakky21

Re: An (almost) never ending game?

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:09 pm

No.

My answer after the title, my answer after reading your post.

No.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:16 pm

Yeah, no. If we had more active people? Maybe. But I'd say no to this.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:48 pm

no with mafia having as many players as town. only way something like that could work would be if all parties are unknown to each other and there were a lot more town than "mafia" members then it "might" work.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby dakky21 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:52 pm

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:no with mafia having as many players as town. only way something like that could work would be if all parties are unknown to each other and there were a lot more town than "mafia" members then it "might" work.

well fire up your ideas, maybe we can get to something
think of "respawn" in modern games...
something like that
Captain dakky21

Postby Streaker on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:34 am

The majority of these ideas completely destroy the concept of a mafia game. This one included. Like I said before, if you want to try something like this, host it in forum games.
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Return to Mafia Discussions