Conquer Club

Check this thread out, losers

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What possible game should I do

Normal game but with funny scenes n shit
12%
Cult game
No votes
Choose your own alignment
5%
Multi-team
17%
Clues in scenes
17%
Stupid and/or weird roles pls
21%
Everyone is an investigator
5%
I am a duck
24%

Total votes : 42

Check this thread out, losers

Postby Skoffin on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:23 am

Tanks

After all the current games are over I plan to host some shit, yo! |
I have several game ideas but before I get to making my setup I wish to know which game type people would actually be keen to play.

Some of the things I am toying with could clues in scenes, multi-teams, cult based, stupid random roles and/or other shit.
Mark anything you like the sound of, feel free to add your comments and discuss the merits or lack of for certain types.
You can vote for multiple options, but obviously not each option will be in one game. I'll go by whatever comes up most popular.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Re: Check this thread out, losers

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:27 am

Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Skoffin is a duck

Postby Pikanchion on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:30 am

See subject.
Private Pikanchion

Postby BuJaber on Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:15 am

Instead of everyone is an investigator what if everyone was told one fact about one other player whether it's their role/character/alignment/role modifier.

Needs to be some sort of way to prevent people just mass claiming their secret info. Though with scum knowing each other and lying even a mass claim might be okay depending on info.

Just an idea that crossed my mind as I read the choices.

Apart from that has someone actually successfully hosted a game where there's some sort of progress for each player? Mandy's pokemon game attempted to have this with the capturing, attacking/defending and leveling mechanic which was a really cool idea but still more or less ended up being rather standard as most players barely had a chance to level up and/or use any new abilities.
Maybe if the structure is changed completely where it ends up being some sort of FFA with no teams but ability to gain abilities/equipment, heal, fight, capture, form secret alliances and then see who is the last player/team standing. I guess like a mafia version of battle royale with an RPG element. Though without scum vs town is it even mafia at that point? :-k
Major BuJaber

Postby Skittles! on Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:26 am

Idc as long as u make me OP
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby madmitch on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:21 am

sounds like fun
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:07 am

Multi team sounds like fun if I get it correctly... I had idea a while ago about it, but didn't went through. My idea was similar to the doubles games in regular CC, for example 6-8 teams of two players, each with a separate day chat. For example: "mitch and dakky, you are in Cop team and you can investigate one team per night" so each team is one role but decide together who to investigate. For example: buj and pika are the doctors team... if we select either buj or pika as cops, we get a result that the selected target is a doctor. Something like that. But separate day-chat is mandatory to be able to push others as a team during the day...
Captain dakky21

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:44 am

dakky21 wrote:Multi team sounds like fun if I get it correctly... I had idea a while ago about it, but didn't went through. My idea was similar to the doubles games in regular CC, for example 6-8 teams of two players, each with a separate day chat. For example: "mitch and dakky, you are in Cop team and you can investigate one team per night" so each team is one role but decide together who to investigate. For example: buj and pika are the doctors team... if we select either buj or pika as cops, we get a result that the selected target is a doctor. Something like that. But separate day-chat is mandatory to be able to push others as a team during the day...

I thought of something like this, however, it would be normal town, and 2 competing mafia teams.

So Player A, B are Mafia Team 1, Player C, D are Mafia Team 2. They don't know who each other are, and they can night kill each other. They can't win together. (Think of it as Italian Mafia vs Japanese Yakuza).
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby dakky21 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:41 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
dakky21 wrote:Multi team sounds like fun if I get it correctly... I had idea a while ago about it, but didn't went through. My idea was similar to the doubles games in regular CC, for example 6-8 teams of two players, each with a separate day chat. For example: "mitch and dakky, you are in Cop team and you can investigate one team per night" so each team is one role but decide together who to investigate. For example: buj and pika are the doctors team... if we select either buj or pika as cops, we get a result that the selected target is a doctor. Something like that. But separate day-chat is mandatory to be able to push others as a team during the day...

I thought of something like this, however, it would be normal town, and 2 competing mafia teams.

So Player A, B are Mafia Team 1, Player C, D are Mafia Team 2. They don't know who each other are, and they can night kill each other. They can't win together. (Think of it as Italian Mafia vs Japanese Yakuza).

Well yeah that's also possible, but why do you think it wouldn't work if there were more teams? So everything what you said + Player E, F are Town Cops, Player G, H are Town Doctors, Player I, J are Town Vigs, Player K, L are Vanilla Town Team 1, Player M, N are Vanilla Town Team 2 etc. and only one of them can issue a night action. It's basically a normal game and all town teams win as a group.

Think of it as having a game in which every role has a backup, even VT's.
Captain dakky21

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:07 pm

dakky21 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

Well yeah that's also possible, but why do you think it wouldn't work if there were more teams? So everything what you said + Player E, F are Town Cops, Player G, H are Town Doctors, Player I, J are Town Vigs, Player K, L are Vanilla Town Team 1, Player M, N are Vanilla Town Team 2 etc. and only one of them can issue a night action. It's basically a normal game and all town teams win as a group.

Think of it as having a game in which every role has a backup, even VT's.

Never said it wouldn't work. But the 2 mafia teams were my thought process. I just have a feeling that the way my games go, mafia would off each other by day 3 :lol:
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby dakky21 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:23 pm

BTW. what do you think, would "choose your own role" work instead of alignment? it could happen that the game of 16 players has 10 sane cops and 6 godfathers, OR 5 bombs, 6 vigilantes and 5 roleblockers, or any other combination but that kinda sounds really fun. Guess that game would end by first lynch :D
Captain dakky21

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:28 pm

dakky21 wrote:BTW. what do you think, would "choose your own role" work instead of alignment? it could happen that the game of 16 players has 10 sane cops and 6 godfathers, OR 5 bombs, 6 vigilantes and 5 roleblockers, or any other combination but that kinda sounds really fun. Guess that game would end by first lynch :D

I think Storr did something like this.

He listed X amount of Town Roles, X amount of Mafia roles. Than he did a randomizer so people could pick in order. However, the lower people didn't know what HADN'T been picked. So you had to take a gamble with roles. If you picked something already chosen, you got VT instead.

He also had an "elimination" stage. Mafia got to pick X amount of Town roles that couldn't be chosen, and Town in general got to vote in the main thread on what mafia roles couldn't be chosen.

viewtopic.php?f=610&t=207109
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby dakky21 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:02 pm

Well that was pretty much balanced as it could be. I was thinking about a totally unbalanced game where actually whatever you pick, you get. If all players pick the "innocent child" role, the game is over instantly. If more than a half of players choose to be mafia, the game is also instantly over. I hope people would like to be cops, doctors or any other role there as bombs, ninjas, lawyers etc.
Captain dakky21

Postby Samlen on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:35 pm

I once had a game where everyone was given a set of general questions that they answered that would determine their general role and, depending on alignments chosen, the mod balanced the game as best as possible. Long story short, half of the people were wacky 3p, there were two mafia factions and only one "town man of information" that was all of the investigative roles. Was one of the most entertaining games to play/watch.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby ZaBeast on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:29 pm

I was wondering about the "everyone is an investigator" one. Would it be everybody having a legit investigative role, or would everyone have "cop" or "flavor cop" in their role pm for instance, but they don't know which modifyer they are (insane, regular, paranoïd, naïve), and it only gets revealed when they die. It would probably be chaos though. Fun chaos.

It seems cult game doesn't get much love
Colonel ZaBeast

Postby Skoffin on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:23 pm

Investigator would be something like everyone has a different sanity and you'd try to work out who is what based on results. Naturally scum SHOULD be faking cop results as well.
I could throw in other types of investigators, but try not to make it too easy by just throwing in like a role cop etc. I could have conflicting role cops as well, or give investigator types that give varying info (EG I might classify that 'oracle' in cyoc as an investigator type and throw that sort of thing in too.)
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:28 am

I can help co-mod if you want me tooooooooooooooooo.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby Ragian on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:31 am

Sick of dying N1?
Major Ragian

Postby Skittles! on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:37 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I can help co-mod if you want me tooooooooooooooooo.

I can also help because I am well known for my balancing skills and making games totally fair for everyone.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:41 am

Skittles! wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:I can help co-mod if you want me tooooooooooooooooo.

I can also help because I am well known for my balancing skills and making games totally fair for everyone.

That sounds like a sick joke.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby Skoffin on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 pm

How do we all feel about post restrictions/roleplay? What if we had a game where each person was given a character personality to play? Eg One person is basically rude and aggressive as f*ck, another has to be overly nice, someone else says the opposite of what they mean etc etc
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby BuJaber on Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:49 am

Skoffin wrote:How do we all feel about post restrictions/roleplay? What if we had a game where each person was given a character personality to play? Eg One person is basically rude and aggressive as f*ck, another has to be overly nice, someone else says the opposite of what they mean etc etc

I am so in. That sounds delightfully annoying and fun.
Major BuJaber

Postby Ragian on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:23 am

I like roleplaying ;)
Major Ragian

Postby dakky21 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:57 am

BuJaber wrote:
Skoffin wrote:How do we all feel about post restrictions/roleplay? What if we had a game where each person was given a character personality to play? Eg One person is basically rude and aggressive as f*ck, another has to be overly nice, someone else says the opposite of what they mean etc etc

I am so in. That sounds delightfully annoying and fun.

Totally agree, though it could be hard for those who don't write English very well...
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:58 am

just sounds like a normal game :lol: :lol:
Cadet madmitch

Return to Mafia Discussions