Conquer Club

Mafia Community Mod

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mafia Community Mod

Postby Skoffin on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:44 am

As per this thread it appears the wider CC community mods would be happy for us to have our own representation around here, as such we should discuss appointing a mod around here and what they duties would be.

Now typically only the mentally ill volunteer for such things, as such I propose the much more satisfactory approach of we, as a community, coming together to pick our best candidate and forcing them to rule us.
Put forward names of those you think would be suitable and we can run a poll to choose our new liege.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Re: Mafia Community Mod

Postby Skoffin on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:17 am

No one wants to go first? Alright then:

I nominate:

Ragian - Decent player, decent fellow, respectful, not a dickhead, would be fair, and would likely do a decent job.
DDS - Likely won't like doing it, which is why I nominate him for doing it
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Samlen on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:30 am

I nominate skoffin, so that everyone will always know the tyranny of red.

I also nominate Dakky cause he seems like the type of fellow that would try his best.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby BuJaber on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:30 am

Dakky was a pretty good mod until he got sick of it. I don't know how much he moderated this forum particularly I only know him as 'chat mod' but I don't know if that's a title of its own; but if moderating this shindig is something he would actually consider it would be a great choice. He has the enthusiasm, experience (both as player and CC mod), and he's always coming up with ideas.

Skoffin's nominations are good. And she would make a good mod also.

I don't know anyone else who would be fit to handle this and have the time also.. maybe strike wolf?

There are a fair number of players who are generally active in games, you'd never call them lurkers, but they're not ALWAYS here like some so it's harder to judge whether or not they'd have the time.
Major BuJaber

Postby dakky21 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 am

Actually, when I was departing the mod squad, I politely asked IF I can remain only as a Mafia mod, but that idea was ignored. I am still open for that position but I don't think they will allow such a thing.

It would mean opening a whole new department, because Community mods are also Mafia mods, so being a Mafia mod would mean one has to be a Community mod as well, unless there is a "Mafia department" and would need a leader and possible co-mods.

Since I don't want to be a Community mod (meaning moderating all public forums), if Admins decide to make a separate department, I am still available.
Captain dakky21

Postby IcePack on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:37 pm

i dont think youneed its own department, there are regularly people who are on a team but have a specific assignment. i can't speak for dukasaur but i would expect there are others under community like that because they have absorbed a few teams in the past
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:12 pm

As a relatively new mafia player, and thus an actual example of the type of player you are hoping to attract. I'd like to say that I find the mafia forum to be a delightful reprieve from the politicized bureaucracy that plagues the other CC departments. Before you follow the siren song of greater size and organizational complexity, take a moment to appreciate all that you might lose by the process.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Thorthoth wrote:As a relatively new mafia player, and thus an actual example of the type of player you are hoping to attract. I'd like to say that I find the mafia forum to be a delightful reprieve from the politicized bureaucracy that plagues the other CC departments. Before you follow the siren song of greater size and organizational complexity, take a moment to appreciate all that you might lose by the process.

I believe they're looking for a mod that's basically going to A. Archive games that are done/over/dead (Mass Effect, Jewelpet, Etc.), Handle the handout of credits to people, and stand outside of the Mafia forum with a sign, twirling it around trying to get people to go check it out.

Less so of policing the place (Like the Chatters, Community Team, Hunters, Etc.). Honestly don't remember too many times where an actual mod had to come in and slap someone on the hand. Only one I can think of was years ago.

I could honestly do some of the stuff. I could decently handle the credits portion, I think I could help run the Official Games because I honestly love hosting over playing Mafia because I consider myself shit at this game :lol: (I might reach out and ask a fellow Mafia member to run some of them), but I unfortunately don't have the time to really go out and drive traffic in here. I don't know you guys well enough, I doubt most of you know me (Outside of Mets and strike wolf, but I don't count those losers 8-) ).

I want to see the community thrive, and would like to help bring it back to the glory days, but I don't think I could do it by myself as a Mafia mod by myself.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Would love to just dont reckon I have the time for moderating cc anymore.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:48 pm

If I was to take the Spot of modding here, I also kind of want to implement either a ranking system, or something similar.

After every official game, every player would PM me a list of the top 5 players from that game. Top player get's 5 points, 2nd best 4, etc. It's all PM'd to me anonymously.

After a few, I would put out a ranking system. "Oh this player has played very well lately". Only thing being this might make these people targets of mafia. But that's the general idea.

At the end of the year, the top X ranked players could get a reward. Whether that's credits, a year of premium, or something else I might consider out of pocket.

This would give incentive for people to be more active in games, because they would strive for that high ranking.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby dakky21 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:11 pm

While I agree with the idea, the main problem is that most (say like 99%) of regular players don't use forums at all. So having credits as a prize or any prize CC based is useless. We couldn't get more than 10-12 people in chat even when we offered a lot of prizes. People are on CC just for Risk, not for forums, that's it.
Captain dakky21

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:36 pm

dakky21 wrote:While I agree with the idea, the main problem is that most (say like 99%) of regular players don't use forums at all. So having credits as a prize or any prize CC based is useless. We couldn't get more than 10-12 people in chat even when we offered a lot of prizes. People are on CC just for Risk, not for forums, that's it.

That's why I said:

TFO THE MIGHTY wrote:something else I might consider out of pocket.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Skoffin on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:08 am

Is everyone basically done with nominations already?
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:05 am

Skoffin wrote: No one wants to go first? Alright then:

I nominate:

Ragian - Decent player, decent fellow, respectful, not a dickhead, would be fair, and would likely do a decent job.
DDS - Likely won't like doing it, which is why I nominate him for doing it

Oh hey, just noticed this. Eat a wiener.

I honestly wouldn't mind. My time is not completely chewed to oblivion, but enough to where it'll affect my overall gameplay.

You're also a shoe, I nominate you in turn.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby jfm10 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:07 pm

Seems it's time to vivo-bump this thread and see if there are possible hosts still available and whether the Conquer Gods may consider Mafia mods.
Cook jfm10

Return to Mafia Discussions